Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM

328 posts, read 995,763 times

Advertisements

I believe that since it is their money they can spend it as they please. That being said, what a sickening waste of money. They could have donated to scientists that do research on diseases that plague us, or research that will make it possible to feed the ever growing population of Americans. Heck they could have send young deserving people to college. Instead they choose anti-gay groups.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:31 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,771,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
You still patronize Starbucks.....after they openly announced they support open carry of handguns in their stores in states where it is legal? Pretty moderate of you!
Actually, I don't patronize Starbucks because I am a member of the Pro-Good-Coffee movement. We oppose overroasting beans.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Contrary to what you might think, the "Latino" vote wasn't that much different than the "Anglo" vote in the Prop 8 results. Just like the majority population, the "minority" populations' views are also "evolving" just like Pres Obama's. In fact, I read recently that Pres Obama's announcement has swayed black voters to support marriage equality. It's too bad that we don't have a leader like MLK or Coretta King who could really help people understand this. The frequency of church-going affected the vote more than anything. Many of the Latino immigrants have little or no education and are easily persuaded by their hegemonic church leaders. Once education spreads, they too will evolve just as everyone else does.

Driving Factors of Prop 8 Vote - Let California Ring
Yeah because being gay is the same as being black. And liberals wonder why they have problems with the black community. Also Latinos don't like homos, comprende?

Vargas Llosa: Against Hunting Gays In Latin America | gaycitynews.com

Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah because being gay is the same as being black. And liberals wonder why they have problems with the black community. Also Latinos don't like homos, comprende?

More and more latinos are becoming accepting off it. In my birth country gays are a lot more open than they used to be and have a lot more acceptance than they used to from straight dudes as well.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM

589 posts, read 850,606 times
Quote:

What???

liberals wonder why they have problems with the black community

Dems have on average, received over 90% of the black vote in recent Presidential elections.

Right. We'd much rather try to utilize the tried and true Repug strategy within the black community. That way, we can 'capture' the traditional Repugs 8-10% of the black vote, and take care of our 'problem' with the black community.

The only thing that liberals 'wonder,' is how we don't receive 100% of the black vote.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
Quote:
"The belief that blacks and Hispanics are anti-gay has largely been overblown; differences in racial attitudes to same-sex marriage are routinely trumped by differences in age, education, and rural/urban location. As we wrote last year, every black and Hispanic state senator except for Rev. Sen. Ruben Diaz voted for the Marriage Equality Act here in New York; still, even though it was only white senators who voted against it, the myth that blacks and Hispanics are to blame for a lack of gay rights continues."
BREAKING: League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Passes Same-Sex Marriage Equality Resolution - New York News - Runnin' Scared

Hey, how's that movement in Texas to ban critical thinking going by the way?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Do I believe that a privately owned organization/company can financially contribute to whatever/whoever it wants, even if I don't agree? YES

Are there companies/corporations that I refuse to patronize, because of what/who they support? YES

Last time I checked, I was living in American, not the USSR.

NEXT?
I swear to god that you are arguing with......yourself.

Seriously, dude, you're pretty much saying the same thing almost all of us have been saying: we all have the right to spend our own money wherever we like, and if that means NOT supporting a company who has taken a stand that we disagree with, so be it.

So, who the heck are you arguing with, anyway?

Last edited by Cinebar; 07-05-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I swear to god that you are arguing with......yourself.

Seriously, dude, you're pretty much saying the same thing almost all of us have bee saying: we all have the right to spend our own money wherever we like, and if that means NOT supporting a company who has taken a stand that we disagree with, so be it.

So, who the heck are you arguing with, anyway?

here is the difference. your "non-support" isnt simply you not going to this resturant. It is you doing your best to hurt a company to force them to change behavior.

how about we have a discussion about the issue but not try to hurt those who dont believe like we do?

how about that?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nope, surely couldn't be them, everyone knows they "support" the gay lifestyle, even going as far as condoning and employing pedophiles.
ummm... you do know that homosexuality and pedophilia are two completely unrelated things, right? Pedophiles aren't gay, they are pedophiles.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
here is the difference. your "non-support" isnt simply you not going to this resturant. It is you doing your best to hurt a company to force them to change behavior.

how about we have a discussion about the issue but not try to hurt those who dont believe like we do?

how about that?
How about showing me where I said I wanted to hurt Chick-Fil-A.

I don't even have one around here. If I did, knowing what I know now, I would likely to choose another fast food place. I seriously doubt that the loss of my business is going to hurt them but it's important to ME that I don't support companies that support bigotry and hate.

And where was your outrage in all the threads about J.C. Penney and all the hatred spewed towards THEM by the bigoted conservatives who swear they will never set foot in their stores ever again and how they get all wound up and try to get others equally wound up and brag and crow about how they will break that company because of who they dare to have as their spokesperson?

You're practically sputtering and spitting here in your outrage because some of us have expressed that we will not patronize or support business that support bigotry and hatred. Seriously, you might want to check your blood pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies