Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A newly-released analysis of Chick-fil-A's charitable work has found that the fast found chain donated nearly $2 million to anti-gay groups over the course of 2010.

The New Civil Rights Movement's David Badash presents an even more disturbing figure: that Chick-fil-A has donated an estimated $5 million to anti-gay organizations and hate groups between 2003 and 2010.

read more here Chick-Fil-A's Anti-Gay Donations Totaled Nearly $2 Million In 2010: Report
This is their right as a private company to donate to whom ever they wish to. And it is your right, as a private individual to not buy their products.

I stopped going to Little Cesars because I found out they donated money to Obama's campagin. I refuse to donate to him even indirectly, at least knowingly.

hmmm.. maybe I can spread the word about In n Out burger being a Christian company and I can get enough people to boycott them so the lines will be shorter! LOL!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:54 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
This is their right as a private company to donate to whom ever they wish to. And it is your right, as a private individual to not buy their products.

I stopped going to Little Cesars because I found out they donated money to Obama's campagin. I refuse to donate to him even indirectly, at least knowingly.

hmmm.. maybe I can spread the word about In n Out burger being a Christian company and I can get enough people to boycott them so the lines will be shorter! LOL!
You could ask them to build more in n outs. The reason why they are always so crowded is because ppl have to drive a long way to find one. They are very good and affordable, I'll give them that.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
here is the difference. your "non-support" isnt simply you not going to this resturant. It is you doing your best to hurt a company to force them to change behavior.

how about we have a discussion about the issue but not try to hurt those who dont believe like we do?

how about that?
Isn't that the exact same thing that the conservatives in the threads about JCP, General Mills, Nabisco etc are doing? They are all over there screaming boycott.

They want to force those companies to abandon their show of support for equality.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No right has been taken away.
Correct. That which they never had cannot, and has not, been “taken away”. This is yet another lie perpetrated by the homosexual radicals in a misleading, dishonest, and deceptive attempt that has failed to rile up the populace.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:39 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
They have good food and very good service.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Actual facebook page:

We're Gay and Still Love Chick-Fil-A

Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wow! With 10 whole likes!!!!

Interesting link on that page, however, to Chick-Fil-A President's statement about its anti-gay activities:

"Chick-fil-A's Corporate Purpose is 'To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us, and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.' As a result, we will not champion any political agendas on marriage and family. This decision has been made, and we understand the importance of it. At the same time, we will continue to offer resources to strengthen marriages and families. To do anything different would be inconsistent with our purpose and belief in Biblical principles."

Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Again, not the question. Being intolerant of intolerance is hardly immoral. So how bout you tell us why you're excusing the contribution to anti-gay promotion of intolerance and inequality, by not joining us in our criticism of those who intend to keep giving these bigots money (through Chick-Fil-A)?

Right, but that hardly needs saying. What you are doing now is avoiding the question of what one SHOULD be doing, by deflecting to some imaginary debate over what one CAN do legally.

Not the point of this thread. Not by a long shot.

I can assure you, there are many who would sooner call me a conservative. So the us s. them game you're trying to play won't work in my case. And I for one am not trying to take anyone's right to choose away. I'm not even discussing what should be allowed. I'm discussing what should be done.

Now, is it possible for you to discuss that with me, or not?

Perhaps some liberals are so outraged that they want to retaliate so as to cause "pain", sure. But there is also the notion of punishment, which is quite different. One's emphasis is on the suffering they can cause, the other's emphasis is on the change they can bring about... in a party that will listen to no sort of reason...
Sorry Stalin, but this is the United States. People are free to choose what they want to do, especially with their own money. What, about that, are you unable to get through your thick head?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Sorry Stalin, but this is the United States. People are free to choose what they want to do, especially with their own money. What, about that, are you unable to get through your thick head?
I've already agreed and thoroughly accepted that people CAN do whatever they want to do.

Did you read and understand that?

Good. Now, what say you about what these people should be contributing to, morally speaking?

Or is that just not a welcome angle of reasoning in your world?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Sorry Stalin, but this is the United States. People are free to choose what they want to do, especially with their own money.
Then why are you throwing such a hissy fit about those of us who are saying that we will spend OUR money as we see fit - and that means NOT supporting companies that support bigotry and hatred?

Jesus....you're almost apoplectic because we're saying that if Chick-Fil-A spends THEIR money however they want to, supporting hatred and bigotry, then those of us who disagree with them will do the same by not buying their product.

Last edited by Cinebar; 07-05-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.