Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Legally is all that matters, but legal equality is not what is sought, acceptance is.
I doubt seriously that you are ever going to change the mindset of all humans - as a MAJORITY of HUMANS believe "marriage" is between one man and one woman.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Yeah, that's the way to really get sympathy and support.....
Any ***** that does this is a rude disrespectful idiot.

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Good for them. I supported those who ate at Chick-Fil-A yesterday and I support those who will be participating in the "kiss-in."
One would assume that the "kissers" will be required to buy something like the supporters from yesterday or face loitering charges. You cant just occupy a food establishment and not purchase anything.

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I doubt seriously that you are ever going to change the mindset of all humans - as a MAJORITY of HUMANS believe "marriage" is between one man and one woman.
Don't have to change the mindset of all humans. That's of no consequence. The only people we honestly have to convince at this point is the supreme court.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:37 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
One would assume that the "kissers" will be required to by something like the supporters from yesterday or face loitering charges. You cant just occupy a food establishment and not purchase anything.
That is true. They either need to buy something or they need to do it off the property.

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Actually, if you read, I pretty much call people on both sides willfully ignorant.

They may be on "my side" as much as they don't want to financially support CFA, but they go too far into the realm of douchebaggery. You may attribute their words or actions to me, but that's like saying Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton speak for all black people. Protip: They don't.

They're just the most vocal and it's easier for people to fall prey to composition than to take each person as an individual.

I've never once stated that the actual action of donating money is bigoted or discriminatory. Now, the organizations in question I find to be bigoted and discriminatory as they willfully discriminate against homosexuals with lies, propaganda, etc.

In fact, this entire situation of "Support CFA Day" is a perfect example of lies and propaganda coming from a series of fallacies, especially things like your repeated use of Composition Fallacy.

You have not once actually responded to my actual position on CFA - instead using your composition to commit a red herring to a person whom I completely disagree with (and have stated so at least a dozen times).

So here it is, I'll say it again: I completely support CFA 100% to say or do as they want. The actual beliefs in question are of no matter to me. I just do not want my money, in the form of company profits, even one penny, going to organizations like FRC or Exodus. I am not going to request or demand CFA to stop making these donations in any way shape or form because it is their right as a business. I will just merely refrain from making purchases at any CFA store until CFA as a company makes the decision to change themselves.
I agree 100% with your position and choices.

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is no civil union that is equal to marriage in any state.

Some come close, like I said though, they could be made as such and without MUCH LESS objections than to redefining marriage.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
There is a difference between Freedom of Speech and Freedom From Consequence. You may say anything you want without criminal sanction. That's a guaranteed right. However there still be societal, personal and social consequences.

You get to say whatever you want. You don't get to prohibit others from reacting to it.

Sorry.
And that goes for those politicians also

Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,206 times
Indeed. I just don't see them buying anything since they are supposed to be boycotting the company so must be doing it off the property but then again they could be clogging sidewalks and impeding traffic.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Don't have to change the mindset of all humans. That's of no consequence. The only people we honestly have to convince at this point is the supreme court.
You can change the "legalities" all you want - that will not equate to changing the mindset of the human race - a majority of which believe firmly that the word "marriage" denotes a relationship between one man and one woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies