Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And yet, when it comes up for a vote, it (homosexual "marriage") always loses.
Yeah, and when it came up for vote regarding interacial marriage, interracial marriage always lost.....that is, until the Supreme Court had to step in and overrule the states' laws. Do you think blacks and whites should still not be able to marry just because the majority of the public voted against it? When you're wrong you're wrong. Majority opinion does not trump the civil rights of citizens in a free country (which is not a theocracy). Mark my words....it won't be much longer before the Supreme Court will again need to step in to ensure equal rights of the minority.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
The God of Israel, the Creator of all things, knows what is best for His People.

When we obey God, we flourish.

When we disobey God, we perish.

I'm an observant Jew. I follow Torah and the Talmud, and I follow the traditions of the Jewish people.
I keep kosher (to the best of my ability living in NC), I pray in the morning, afternoon, and evening, I say Sh'ma.

And I have absolutely no reservation or hesitation in saying that there is no reason a loving homosexual couple should be denied the right to marry.

Nobody should be forced to live by the religious laws I choose to abide by.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If only this type of backlash against liberal political correctness orthodoxy could manifest itself in the polls come Nov. 6.

Rick Warren: Chick-fil-A’s owner told me they set a new world record in sales today « Hot Air
Who's to say it won't?

Remember the big "May Day March" by the illegal aliens in Downtown Los Angeles.

When the nation saw the millions of illegals on the march it gave the entire nation a view of what was REALLY going on with illegals "demanding their rights".

We all know what happened next. BACKLASH!

Same can be said for the lesbian Kiss-in's. Sure they'll try to do the "christian thing" by giving them free sandwiches. Just a token.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No.

ab·nor·mal (b-nôrml)
adj.
Not typical, usual, or regular; not normal; deviant.

de·vi·ant (dv-nt)
adj.
Differing from a norm or from the accepted standards of a society.
n.
One that differs from a norm, especially a person whose behavior and attitudes differ from accepted social standards.

nor·mal (nôrml)
adj.

2. Biology: Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.

Wow, Jesus' pic might as well be right there next to the very definitions of abnormal.

Unless you want to call being born of a virgin and rising from the dead normal.

Or going against the accepted standards of society in his time.

Or turning water into wine, when he's not walking on it.

I dunno, you pick.

Guess there would be times when being abnormal IS good. Like if you're Einstein or Shaquille O'Neal.

Sorry, your abnormal is always bad schtick is bust.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 PM

2,723 posts, read 6,111,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Kiss in? That is so stupid. Hahaha. They're embarrassing themselves.

At least, we don't disturb the gays at gay prides or anything. We let them freely do anything they want.

1st amendment for the world!
I agree. I think a better idea would be to show up dressed as a bride and groom. After all, this is all about gay marriage.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Who's to say it won't?

Remember the big "May Day March" by the illegal aliens in Downtown Los Angeles.

When the nation saw the millions of illegals on the march it gave the entire nation a view of what was REALLY going on with illegals "demanding their rights".

We all know what happened next. BACKLASH!

Same can be said for the lesbian Kiss-in's. Sure they'll try to do the "christian thing" by giving them free sandwiches. Just a token.
You do realize that homosexuals aren't "illegals" We are citizens of this country, and pay taxes just like you.
How would you like your rights denies for any reason if you were a citizen?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Wow, Jesus' pic might as well be right there next to the very definitions of abnormal.

Unless you want to call being born of a virgin and rising from the dead normal.

Or going against the accepted standards of society in his time.

Or turning water into wine, when he's not walking on it.

I dunno, you pick.

Guess there would be times when being abnormal IS good. Like if you're Einstein or Shaquille O'Neal.

Sorry, your abnormal is always bad schtick is bust.
I don't follow any organized religion. The bible is a book and holds no special significance in my life.

Try again, this time with science.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You do realize that homosexuals aren't "illegals" We are citizens of this country, and pay taxes just like you.
How would you like your rights denies for any reason if you were a citizen?
Nobody is denying gays rights. Gays can eat at Chick-fil-A 6 days a week like everyone else can.

Marriage isn't a human "right".

The man voiced his opinion about gay marriage and he's being vilified by homosexuals and their supporters.

The most ridiculous part of it all is that they are taking out their frustrations like 4 year old children by having these passive aggressive manipulative tantrums at FRANCHISED CHICK FIL A RESTAURANTS - instead of taking it to MR. CATHY'S FRONT DOOR.

SO STUPID. SO IRRATIONAL. SO TYPICAL.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,124 times
No surprises here. It's the only issue the public feels passionate about (whether in favor or against).

Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
I don't follow any organized religion. The bible is a book and holds no special significance in my life.

Try again, this time with science.
Why? I don't see any science in your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies