Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
OK, pardon me for the blanket statement (my bad). But it can not be denied that many are caught up in this toxic nonsense.

And you I suppose aren't caught up in the toxic nonsense of attempting to destroy a man's ability to practice his freedom of speech and ability to earn a living because of your intolerance of his opposing point of view?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Did everyone see the massive lines of Evangelical Christians from yesterday lining up to volunteer at food banks, homeless shelters and senior citizen centers this morning?!? Ya, neither did I. That would be, you know, Christ-like.
To be fair, I didn't see the anti Chick Fil A crowd doing that either.

But, now that you mention it, that could be a good game plan,
instead of a kiss in front of a Chick Fil A.

You know, "rise above it all" does have merit....

Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
And you I suppose aren't caught up in the toxic nonsense of attempting to destroy a man's ability to practice his freedom of speech and ability to earn a living because of your intolerance of his opposing point of view?
So you're saying we're intollerant of those who are itollerant?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
You're still evading the original question.
OK then...here's your answer:

Because Christians have the SAME RIGHTS as you do to protest or make a statement...it's called freedom of expression.

You don't AGREE with their right to do the same thing as you do.

That's actually called hypocrisy.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
For those that "think" that it's a First amendment issue.....

Noah Michelson: Chick-fil-A: This Is Not a First Amendment Issue[]&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
To reiterate, it became a First Amendment issue when cities such as Boston and Chicago openly talked about banning Chick-Fil-A from their cities because of what Cathy said, speech which is protected by the First Amendment.

The author of the link you posted is gay and on a freedom fighter trip, that's fine, no problem. He doesn't have to address the First Amendment issue, he can talk about whatever he wants. But he has not shown there isn't a First Amendment issue (he's simply ignored it).

The people only began flocking to Chick-Fil-A once the cities foolishly spoke out with words that flew directly in the face of the First Amendment. So I think it is not only an issue, but the main issue.

Quote:
OK then...here's your answer:

Because Christians have the SAME RIGHTS as you do to protest or make a statement...it's called freedom of expression.

You don't AGREE with their right to do the same thing as you do.

That's actually called hypocrisy.
But how is that Christian like?

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Why can't liberals live up to their "professed" tolerance of other people's opinions?

Why do they go and shout-down speakers that have a different message then their own?

Why do they organize boycotts of anything that doesn't agree with them?
1) Tolerance doesn't include the tolerance of intolerance of others.

2) Sadly this happens on both sides... or have you not seen the video of t-partiers attending local congressional meetings?

3) Free speech? Nonviolent Protest--- Y'know, those pesky rights...

Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Did everyone see the massive lines of Evangelical Christians from yesterday lining up to volunteer at food banks, homeless shelters and senior citizen centers this morning?!? Ya, neither did I. That would be, you know, Christ-like.
Again, how do you know the make up of these people?
I hate liberal politics because it is defective and tax sucking, but it doesn't stop me from patronizing Ben & Jerry's ice cream or Apple's Ipad.

People in that line were probably FAR MORE OFFENDED by gays not allowing others to have their right to their opinion and then attempting to sabotage the business instead of this being religious?

Where were all the freaking gays at the White House the last three years when Obama said he was for man woman marriage only? If it wasn't for the fact he wanted tons of gay money in his campaign he would never have so-called evolved.
Why weren't gays active with Obama or other liberals who are not pro gay marriage? There you have your hypocrites IMO.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Again, how do you know the make up of these people?
I hate liberal politics because it is defective and tax sucking, but it doesn't stop me from patronizing Ben & Jerry's ice cream or Apple's Ipad.

People in that line were probably FAR MORE OFFENDED by gays not allowing others to have their right to their opinion and then attempting to sabotage the business instead of this being religious?

Where were all the freaking gays at the White House the last three years when Obama said he was for man woman marriage only? If it wasn't for the fact he wanted tons of gay money in his campaign he would never have so-called evolved.
Why weren't gays active with Obama or other liberals who are not pro gay marriage? There you have your hypocrites IMO.
So then why are conservative christians so obsessed with banning gay marriage? How is that Christian like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

By the way the mayor of Boston isn't gay.

How is yesterday's practice event at Chick Fil A Christian like? Looks like everyday is Chick Fil A appreciation day for Gov. Huckabee. So much for worshiping the temple.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You do realize that homosexuals aren't "illegals" We are citizens of this country, and pay taxes just like you.
How would you like your rights denies for any reason if you were a citizen?

They already are. We all have rights denied. Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies