Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 02:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marriage.
Marriage is not a right.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
I want to know why gay people think protesting a fast food restaurant will change a law that discriminates against them.

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Unfortunately, the obama administration and hideous liberals have eliminated protection to religious groups.
Oh, really? Is it now legal to discriminate against Jews or Muslims in hiring? Have public libraries been banning the Bible? Please fill me in on this heinous epidemic of protection-elimination for religious groups.

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No they can't - in most U.S. states - same sex marriage is illegal - heterosexuals can't marry someone who is of the same gender as themselves - neither can homosexuals. Homosexuals have the same rights concerning marriage as everybody else.
And the same will happen when same-sex marriage is legalized.

Hence why the argument of "special rights" is just plain stupid.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
lol.. all you Chick Fil A supporters, I hope you've never been divorced cause they don't like you either

Old 08-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Legal marriage with ALL that rights, and privileges that come with it.
I think that government should get out of the marriage business altogether and simply enforce contracts of commitment - with so special benefits attached to them.

Everytime i propose this common sense solution to the conflict the gay marriage supporters dismiss it.

Why? Because they want the "goodies" that you mentioned above.

Why? Because it isn't about "civil rights" - it is about forcing people to accept their immoral chosen lifestyle.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
now by the same token IF by the franchise agreement EVERY franchise owner had to give a part of his profits to anti guy organization you would have a point i agree with
Earlier in the thread, Xanathos posted that 50% of a store's profits are paid back to corporate as part of their franchising fee. So technically, yes, profits from each franchise go back to corporate which has used said money to donate to anti-gay organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Pansexuals are people too, come on!
Yeah, I am a pansexual.

No preference of genitals.

Quote:
No they can't - in most U.S. states - same sex marriage is illegal - heterosexuals can't marry someone who is of the same gender as themselves - neither can homosexuals. Homosexuals have the same rights concerning marriage as everybody else.
And where same-sex marriage is legal, there's still equal access to marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I want to know why gay people think protesting a fast food restaurant will change a law that discriminates against them.
Most of us aren't "protesting" or "boycotting" a fast food restaurant to get laws changed. We're doing it because we don't want our money going to organizations like FRC and Exodus.

Quote:
I think that government should get out of the marriage business altogether and simply enforce contracts of commitment - with so special benefits attached to them.

Everytime i propose this common sense solution to the conflict the gay marriage supporters dismiss it.

Why? Because it isn't about "civil rights" - it is about forcing people to accept their immoral chosen lifestyle.
As somebody in a heterosexual marriage, I don't agree with getting rid of all protections, benefits, etc of government-sponsored marriages.

What you're advocating is pretty much like a child who breaks a toy because they are forced to share it with somebody they don't like.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times
Quote:

So simple, isn't it. Good post !!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And I can't marry my dog. So we have the exact same restrictions on our rights to marriage. You want to change those restrictions to fit your lifestyle while at the same time keeping restrictions on other people who are not like you.
Yep - the same people won't let me marry my cat.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, they are different. Can you really not see the difference between marrying a human of the same sex and a human of the opposite sex?

You just want to define marriage to suit yourself and retain only the restrictions that YOU choose to retain. You want to restrict marriage to two humans that are not related. But that is no different than a heterosexual person defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

So you really are no different. You just want the laws to fit your lifestyle and to hell with anyone who wants the laws to fit their lifestyle.
Which is exactly what people who are against same-sex marriage are doing--only letting the law fit their very narrow way of living.

Allowing same sex couples to marry would not restrict or in any way change the fact that opposite-sex couples can marry. It would affect your life in no way whatsoever. I honestly can't understand your opposition to it.

I don't hear of any gay people trying to keep straight people from getting married, only some straight people trying to keep gay people from getting married
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies