Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Marriage is not a right.
So you don't mind giving up your privilege to marry and get a multitude of benefits under the law?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
No they can't - in most U.S. states - same sex marriage is illegal - heterosexuals can't marry someone who is of the same gender as themselves - neither can homosexuals. Homosexuals have the same rights concerning marriage as everybody else.
Which means that in most U.S. states, gay people are forced to have a loveless sham marriage if they bother to get married at all. Heterosexuals, if they fall in love with someone of age, can go ahead and marry that person. You must be in complete denial if you can't see the difference.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

812 posts, read 595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Target hates gay marriage.

Take Target off your list.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cott-gays.html
Yea but you forgot Disney. You could put on a tutu and go to Disney!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:33 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
How is it Christian-like to show your support for a man's company who is being attacked for talking about his Christian values?

Did you REALLY just ask that?
How are the actions of his company and his values Christ like? Yes I really did just ask that. Would Jesus condones all this Chick Fil A support? Really? When did Jesus every condem homosexualty?

You want to start getting biblical? Chick Fil A will bring a whole mess of contradictions, (one only need to look to Genisis 1:29). How are Mr. Cathy's judgements Christ like?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:36 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You only use your body in the way it was designed to be used? No other forms of sex but penis to vagina?

As soon as you can PROVE that homosexuality is a choice, I'll become a heterosexual.
If homosexuality is a choice hasn't anyone ever wondered why people have been "choosing" it since the days of the Bible? None of the preaching, witch-hunts, killings, beatings, bullying, condemnation, laws against it, etc., etc., could diminish the overwhelming drive that has kept homosexuality in societies since the beginning of man's recorded history on earth. If God truly did make it a choice then it's logical to believe He expected some people to pick it. We have many examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom. How do you explain that? Oh, wait? They can't read the Bible therefore they are free to act on how their brains are hot-wired without condemnation.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
And what idiotic cavemen can't wrap their heads around is that homosexuals are not forcing their lifestyles on everyone. They want to live their lives in peace. Part of that is having equal rights with their partners that heteros do with theirs. If cavemen just get the stick out of their rear end, this argument would've been done with a long time ago and we could've moved on.
I'm surprised at you, twinArmageddons. You see that they're cavemen, but not that they've no intention of ever moving forward?

*shakes head*

I share your frustration. I'm losing count of all their non-arguments, and convinced that if they were ever compiled and written into a book, it'd easily be longer than the Christian bible.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Then by the same token, it is also illogical, absurd, and stupid to draw any generalizations from that video of the pro-gay CEO abusing a poor Chik-Fil-A employee.
The video simply showed how stupid someone can be. I think the only people who share his category are those trying to defend his actions in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
By the way, I've repeatedly gone out of my way -- contrary to what you insinuate above -- to avoid claiming that those tweets represent a majority of Chik-Fil-A supporters. If you can't perceive that, then you might consider working on your reading comprehension skills.
Then you have spent a lot of time and effort discussing a point that is obvious and meaningless in the discussion. What next? Will you proclaim loudly that water is wet?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,337 times
Tired of hearing people brag about upholding their Christian values. Acceptance, it's also a Christian value but I don't hear people say 'BECAUSE I am Christian I will support ALL families, biblical or not ." THAT's Christ like.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Yep - I am pretty much libertarian - but that doesn't stop people on this forum from referring to me as the American Taliban.
Well there's libertarian, and then there's Libertarian
Glen Beck sorts are really part of the "Constitution Party" libertarians, not "Libertarian Party" Libertarians -
but that's for another thread...
but in essence, the

American Taliban can pretty much be summed up by
Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin:

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.”

Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
So you don't mind giving up your privilege to marry and get a multitude of benefits under the law?
I have stated numerous times that the government should not be in the marriage business and those special benefits should not be attached to any private relationship. Civil contracts of commitment can be entered into that would be enforceable by the courts. If people want to be married - that is up to them - government should butt out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies