Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Social standards will change.

Gender neutral issues will come up also.

Our society doesn't need anything more coming from homosexuals to rock the boat.

We've got enough on our plates to contend with now stemming from them being "out and in our faces".

All because one man, has an opinion that gays don't like. He's a hateful homophobe, the company is homophobic.

And gays don't see this as a problem, they see nothing wrong with it at all.
And it wasn't one man voicing his opinion. He is donating company money in the company name to groups that actively lobby to deny homosexuals equal rights.

I don't care about his opinion, but I will not go to a business that actively funds groups that would deny me my rights.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And it wasn't one man voicing his opinion. He is donating company money in the company name to groups that actively lobby to deny homosexuals equal rights.

I don't care about his opinion, but I will not go to a business that actively funds groups that would deny me my rights.
It's his money.

It's a privately owned company.

No public investors.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
If one of your neighbors rascals jumps your fence, and one of your prized blue ribbon winning female poodles is in heat.

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! You've got some mixed up mutts in 9 weeks. What's done can't be undone can it?

The integrity of your prized poodle's line has been compromised.

Same thing with gay marriage, it compromises the integrity of ALL MARRIAGE.

Let's look at trickle down theory to explain that.

Put gay marriage at the top of a pyramid. Below it is whatever touches gay marriage, touches all marriage - family structures, education systems will be changed, social mores. Like an avalanche.
As utterly nonsensical and idiotic your post is, I'll address it...with a question...

Will a gay person pole vault into your bedroom window and impregnate someone?

DUH!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
It's his money.

No public investors.
Wrong. Even in a LLC owned by one person there is company money, and personal money. OR are you trying to say that Mr Cathy files all the income from CFA on his personal tax returns, and is not incorporated?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Even in a LLC owned by one person there is company money, and personal money. OR are you trying to say that Mr Cathy files all the income from CFA on his personal tax returns, and is not incorporated?
If he's using his personal money who cares?

If he's using his company's money, who cares?

It's a privately held company and he can give money to whatever organization he chooses.

Obviously he doesn't have any private investors because if he had, the gay lobby would be pushing for wall street investors to sell his stock.

What's your point again?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As utterly nonsensical and idiotic your post is, I'll address it...with a question...

Will a gay person pole vault into your bedroom window and impregnate someone?

DUH!!!!
You're the one who used blue ribbon poodles to compare with mutts.

I just gave you an example of what it means in action.

DUH!!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
If he's using his personal money who cares?

If he's using his company's money, who cares?

It's a privately held company and he can give money to whatever organization he chooses.

Obviously he doesn't have any private investors because if he had, the gay lobby would be pushing for wall street investors to sell his stock.

What's your point again?
Yep, he can donate company money, and I can not spend money with his company that will then be donated to these groups.
That is what this whole thing is about.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Yep, he can donate company money, and I can not spend money with his company that will then be donated to these groups.
That is what this whole thing is about.
At the end of the day.

He's not missing your money.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
The young lady deserves a raise. She handled that very professionally.

On the other hand. Did the guy say he was there for his company? What happened to free speech that so many are going on about?

He was a complete posterior end of a donkey, but unless he linked his rant with his business, it was free speech.
Dollars and sense-- He was not just freely voicing opinion, but was abusive to someone of subordinate status.

It's repugnant and unforgivable.

Because he was outed as a CFO of the operation-- a highly responsible figure who reflected very negatively on his employer, not terminating him would have been a form of endorsement and irresponsibility at a public level.

Vante would have suffered by standing behind this @ $ $.

It's a practical calculation by the company and not an especially difficult one.

A medical device manufacturer is held to pretty high standards in terms of ethics and this would have hurt them in what is a highly competitive and scrutinized industry.

Integrity and reputation is everything.

Hint: Executives don't make @ $$e$ of yourselves .. or your company on Facebook or Youtube.

They did the right thing.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:53 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
It's his money.

No public investors.
Plus, I believe most of these organizations (if not all) have non-profit, tax exempt status under law and it is quite legitimate to donate to them.

No matter what a person's beliefs, or where he donates his money, I firmly believe it is hateful and wrong to work toward killing his business or livelihood.

I don't mind frequenting a place where the owner is gay, or where gays work. I don't ask, don't care. I would never try to put them out of business because we disagree. They have a right to work, to make a living, and to prosper.

Similarly, gays should not take vengeance on those who disagree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies