Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
For goodness' sake. A cat is not able to understand a contract. If one party cannot understand their part in a contract, then the contract is void. Until a cat can willfully and knowingly enter into a contract with you and understand all of it's obligations thereof, no you can't marry your cat.

Or your fencepost, or your prize sheep, or your mailbox.

Who gave you the authority to decide that? People have had non consensual marriages for centuries.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,225,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Question, when will there be a kiss-in at a Muslim owned business? Or protesting a mosque because of Islam's view of homosexuality..................................... ...........crickets................

When will a leftist go up to a Muslim at scream stop the hate?...........................
Generally Islam is not influencing US law. The same can not be said for Christianity.

Now Islam is in full control of other countries' laws, that's for sure, but that really isn't of any concern to me right now.

I don't protest or anything against Christianity by the way. I'm just telling why those who do protest don't usually protest against Islam.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,648,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think a lot of people who claim it's a choice are actually latent homosexuals who are not conscious that they are and/or they have a hidden inclination towards homosexuality that they suppress. If they mix latent homosexuality with a church upbringing that teaches it's a sin then fighting their inner homosexual impulses to remain "straight" is all the proof they need that it's a (fault) choice. The ones who shout the loudest that it's a choice are all suspect and can't we all think of a few loud anti-gay TV preachers who have all been caught in compromising situations?
Good way to convince self. The human mind is amazing.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The D-bag got the axe for being so "tolerant".

Nice.

Vante of Tucson, AZ Regrets Actions of Former CFO

Wow! This a$$hole was the CEO of a company ???????????? What an idiot.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM

27,942 posts, read 29,783,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
Having grown up surrounded by Southern Baptists, I can assure you they never waste their time doing "good works" - they think "being saved" is all Jesus wants from them. They spend the rest of their time criticizing Catholics, Jews, black people, Methodists, Presbyterians.. and Mormons. They really, really hate Mormons. Good luck, Mitt.
Boy, talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Considering that legal marriage is a contract, and you must have informed consent to enter into any contract, I would say consent has a whole lot to do with a legal civil marriage.
And you would be wrong.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,281,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
I think a lot of people who claim it's a choice are actually latent homosexuals who are not conscious that they are and/or they have a hidden inclination towards homosexuality that they suppress. If they mix latent homosexuality with a church upbringing that teaches it's a sin then fighting their inner homosexual impulses to remain "straight" is all the proof they need that it's a (fault) choice. The ones who shout the loudest that it's a choice are all suspect and can't we all think of a few loud anti-gay TV preachers who have all been caught in compromising situations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Good way to convince self. The human mind is amazing.
Not my theory. There have been studies on the connection between homophobia and males who exhibit latent homosexuality in recent years but Sigmund Freud was the first to propose the idea.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't think he should have lost his job. Free speech should be allowed in all matters. Like CFA's free speech.

You are correct. And companies have the right to fire a CEO who becomes a public embarrassment. If you are a CEO, you can't act like an a$$hole in public. The board of directors and stockholders don't like that.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He should NOT have lost his job over this. What happened to his First Amendment rights?

Did he advertise that he was the CFO of this company in the first place? How did everyone know to pinpoint him out?

Where does the first amendment say you can be an a$$hole and employers cannot fire you?

Yes, he has the freedom to say what he wanted and to harass an employee of another company. And his employer has the freedom to fire him for being an A$$hole.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Well heterosexuals seem to think that their rights super-cede mine. I won't settle for less than equality under the law.

You have it backwards, and I won't settle for less than equality under the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies