Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
We are just not in touch with out inner gay.
Ah, but their cavalry has arrived on rainbow unicorns to bombard the thread with feather boas. Word must have gotten out that too many people on C-D believe that Americans are free to choose businesses that they want to patronize without being slandered as bigots.

Hate, hate, hate. Is there anything less gay?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Yep. I would have loved to be the person that this gay guy confronted when the gay guy told the customer how his purchasing food at the restaurant allows the company to support gay hate groups. I would have asked show me the list of where you got your information. When you think about it, do we need to ask every company that we patronize about their political affiliation and who they politically support as well?
Chick-fil-A does give money to many anti-gay organizations that fight to deny gay people equal rights. Among them are several hate groups as designated by the SPLC (who go beyond fighting to deny gay people equal rights - they demonize and spread vicious lies about gay people and fight to take away rights from gay people):

Family Research Council
American Family Association

Personally, I also consider Exodus International, which gets money from Chick-fil-A, to be a hate group.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Yep. I would have loved to be the person that this gay guy confronted when the gay guy told the customer how his purchasing food at the restaurant allows the company to support gay hate groups. I would have asked show me the list of where you got your information. When you think about it, do we need to ask every company that we patronize about their political affiliation and who they politically support as well?
If we do, a lot of people are going to have to give up their automobiles.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, you are now saying our laws are correct? I thought that was the core of the entire debate. YOU don't agree with our laws. YOU say our laws discriminate against the few homosexuals out there. But now you are saying the law requiring consent is a GOOD law.

You guys are quite amusing. You love any marriage restriction that serves your agenda and hate any restriction that opposes your agenda. You guys are 100% hypocrites.

You can't have it both ways.
What's so hard to understand about the idea that sometimes the law is right, and sometimes it isn't?
Murder being illegal is a good law. Black people being 3/5 of a person was a bad law. Realizing this is hypocritical?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What's so hard to understand about the idea that sometimes the law is right, and sometimes it isn't?
Murder being illegal is a good law. Black people being 3/5 of a person was a bad law. Realizing this is hypocritical?
Perhaps you've hit on a workable compromise here. Let gays get married, but they only get 3/5ths of the rights of marriage.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Chick-fil-A does give money to many anti-gay organizations that fight to deny gay people equal rights. Among them are several hate groups as designated by the SPLC (who go beyond fighting to deny gay people equal rights - they demonize and spread vicious lies about gay people and fight to take away rights from gay people):

Family Research Council
American Family Association

Personally, I also consider Exodus International, which gets money from Chick-fil-A, to be a hate group.
Sounds like you've got hate groups growing in your apartment. So the SPLC is now the official determiner of hate groups? In your mind, perhaps. Not in mine. They're biased, hypocritical, and engage in selective outrage. Very selective.

Occupy the Southern Poverty Law Center - By Charles C. W. Cooke - The Corner - National Review Online

"....a little bit of a syllogism going on; that being that “Left” equals “good,” and “Right” equals “bad,” and therefore anything “Left” couldn’t be “bad” unless it were infiltrated by the “Right.” In my time covering Occupy Wall Street I have seen anti-Semitism, black nationalism, class hatred, and threats of violence; there have been rapes, a few murders, and now some domestic terrorism. One would have thought that these things would be sufficient warrant for a group like the Southern Poverty Law Center to stand up and take serious note, but, as I learned yesterday, there’s one problem: They’re just “not set up to cover the extreme Left.”

Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you've hit on a workable compromise here. Let gays get married, but they only get 3/5ths of the rights of marriage.
LOL. Now that's funny. They get the in-laws, the money arguments, and the divorce lawyers. The don't get the bachelor party, the wedding, or the honeymoon.

And they don't get to eat at Chicken-Fil-A.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 08-02-2012 at 10:55 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sounds like you've got hate groups growing in your apartment. So the SPLC is now the official determiner of hate groups? In your mind, perhaps. Not in mine. They're biased, hypocritical, and engage in selective outrage. Very selective.

Occupy the Southern Poverty Law Center - By Charles C. W. Cooke - The Corner - National Review Online

"....a little bit of a syllogism going on; that being that “Left” equals “good,” and “Right” equals “bad,” and therefore anything “Left” couldn’t be “bad” unless it were infiltrated by the “Right.” In my time covering Occupy Wall Street I have seen anti-Semitism, black nationalism, class hatred, and threats of violence; there have been rapes, a few murders, and now some domestic terrorism. One would have thought that these things would be sufficient warrant for a group like the Southern Poverty Law Center to stand up and take serious note, but, as I learned yesterday, there’s one problem: They’re just “not set up to cover the extreme Left.”
When you publish and disseminate literature entitled Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex with Boys that spreads vicious and hateful lies like:

“One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets' of a new sexual order”

and then call for the re-criminalization of homosexuality, you're a hate group. Period. It's vile, filthy, hateful rhetoric like this coming out of groups like the Family Research Council that leads to incidents like these:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ay-people.html

Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
When you publish and disseminate literature entitled Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex with Boys that spreads vicious and hateful lies like:

“One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets' of a new sexual order”

and then call for the re-criminalization of homosexuality, you're a hate group. Period. It's vile, filthy, hateful rhetoric like this coming out of groups like the Family Research Council that leads to incidents like these:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ay-people.html
And when you call yourself an anti-hate group but admit that you aren't set up to follow left-wing groups, you are praticing the very worst kind of hypocrisy -- doubly pernicious, since the SPLC seeks to clothe itself as the watchdog of ALL hate groups, and has fooled many people into believing them. Including you.

Every time you buy gas, you're directly or indirectly aiding Saudi Arabia and other Mideast countries, who are known to execute gays. Every time you buy anything made in China, you are indirectly supporting the destruction of Tibetan culture and the murder and imprisonment of Buddhist monks. Makes Chick-Fil-A look pretty benign, don't you think? Or are you just the kind of person who hate Southerners? Or anyone who disagrees with you?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
East Atlanta’s Flatiron fires back at Chick-fil-A — Project Q Atlanta

Looks like one business has got the right idea: always be looking for new entrepreneurial opportunities.

Personally I would've called my fried chicken sandwich "Mouthful of Hot C--k".

(lol stupid word filter, it's not a naughty word when you're referring to fowl)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies