Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,626,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
These are not rights, these are laws. I didnt say that I agree with them, honesty, for the most part, they dont interfere with my life. Let them get married. Who the hell cares.

What I have problems is the pro gay crowd rubbing in everywhere I go. I get it, I think its gross, but I get it. Stop making a big deal over it.
You're right. You are exactly right. These are not rights, these are laws.

I, too, tire of the yip-yip from some of the gay community singing their gayness from the trees. Some have become awfully obnoxious in their way of going about the issue. If I were gay, it would truly be embarrassing to me to have the sort of representation for my 'community' that they have.

What rubs me wrong is the fact that the gay community seemed to derive a sick pleasure that they were to go to a family oriented establishment to kiss, hug and make-out to make a "statement" - not giving a whoop that this would be done in front of children of all ages, children that belong to parent's that do not want their child(ren) subjected whatsoever. Not only restricted from being subjected to gay affection, but children that are not even allowed to watch racy affections between heterosexuals on TV or through other means.

The adolescent and retaliative behavior of theirs over one business owners vocalization in his own beliefs and opinions was supposed to gain the anti-gay marriage crowd's confidence and security in them? Not so much. Not with me, at least. Where to next? Dominos? Carls Jr? Subway? In and Out Burger? KFC? The aforementioned are all deeply rooted Christian owned companies.

I do feel empathy toward the conservative gays that are being given a bad to worse image by the select gays who cannot make good, well thought out decisions and show class. Anyone who says that it was right for them to put on such a blatant, disrespectful performance in front of children, shame on you.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,423,684 times
With all due respect, America has bigger problems to deal with. The media has a great talent in diverting attention towards issues that are marginal at best. However, since the media rules US political agenda, many issues take front seat, while crucial problems are left forgotten.
For Christians, the 2 biggest issues that divide US society, gay marriage and abortion, are not even mentioned in the new testament. All Christ's teachings are put aside, while we are focusing on gay rights. Isn't that weird?

Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,572,836 times
If it's not a big issue, then no one would be talking about it. Obviously, it's a big issue for a lot of people.

If it's not an issue for you, great, but it's not up to you to tell other Americans what they should be concerned about.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,114,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
These are not rights, these are laws. I didnt say that I agree with them, honesty, for the most part, they dont interfere with my life. Let them get married. Who the hell cares.

What I have problems is the pro gay crowd rubbing in everywhere I go. I get it, I think its gross, but I get it. Stop making a big deal over it.
Marriage is a right. Even the Supreme court has said so in several cases.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,572,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
If I were gay, it would truly be embarrassing to me to have the sort of representation for my 'community' that they have.
I'm 'gay', but I don't think of the activists as my representatives. Why do you?

Quote:
What rubs me wrong is the fact that the gay community seemed to derive a sick pleasure that they were to go to a family oriented establishment to kiss, hug and make-out to make a "statement"
I try to keep in mind that the actions of a few activists do not represent the majority. I wish other people would do the same.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,114,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
With all due respect, America has bigger problems to deal with. The media has a great talent in diverting attention towards issues that are marginal at best. However, since the media rules US political agenda, many issues take front seat, while crucial problems are left forgotten.
For Christians, the 2 biggest issues that divide US society, gay marriage and abortion, are not even mentioned in the new testament. All Christ's teachings are put aside, while we are focusing on gay rights. Isn't that weird?
There are more than just christians in this country. We don't all live according to your book. If you want to follow your beliefs, fine, Just don't try to force everyone else to live by your beliefs.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,979,878 times
No it is a hypocrite Christian issue!

How may Christian "laws" do they break on a daily basis and then flock on Sundays to church and all is well again for a week.
7. Do not commit adultery. - pretty common
9. Do not speak lies about people. - very common
10. Do not envy what other people have. - This is America in a nutshell. Bigger, better, faster, and more expensive than my neighbors (car, boat, house...you name it)

Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,626,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marriage is a right. Even the Supreme court has said so in several cases.
BlackHemi refers to no gay marriage as being a law and not currently a right. If gay marriage were currently a right, the Supreme Court would put a rush order on this for processing.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:32 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,445,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm 'gay', but I don't think of the activists as my representatives. Why do you?

I try to keep in mind that the actions of a few activists do not represent the majority. I wish other people would do the same.
Coming from someone who isn't against gay marriage but not nessesarily for it, crap like this does not help the public opinion. I'll be honest, these "kiss ins" or whatever you call it, i think is completely messed up. How sick do you have to be to do this.

About the op though, Im just sick of hearing about gay marriage. There are so many worse issues in this country right now, like the economy and illegal immigration.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,246,650 times
two people kissing is disgusting? well damn, they should ban them from public parks, school, the buses ,etc then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies