Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Let them open one and the people of Boston will 'vote' with their $$$$$$$$ over whether or not they should be in business there.

And that is the way its supposed to be.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Chick-Fil-A has been around for quite a bit although I don't think they've ever been up North. I'm surprised that they're even news all of a sudden. They've been well known for a while to be a very Christian organization with very specific views (hence the reason they aren't open on Sundays). Whatever. Their business, their opinions. All of these 'boycotts' are just too tiring and frankly, they don't ever work.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 AM

10,015 posts, read 15,662,194 times
There is already a Chick-Fil-A in Massachusetts, just not in Boston. Menino won't let a Wal Mart within the city limits, either.

The only Chick-Fil-A's I have ever been to have been in South Carolina and Georgia. I'm not a fast food fan, but their chicken is delicious, the restaurants are very clean and the staff is polite.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The president of the company is against equal rights in America:

He is a religious fanatic. Don't know his stance on blacks and Jews.

Which rights are those?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
So if my 80 year old grandmother wanted to work at Hooters as a Waitress, they have a right not to hire her because he is old and looks terrible in hot pants and flat chested, thats discrimination is it not?

I said I don't agree with their policy, but it is their right. If people would stop going there I am sure they would rethink it, but it doesn't seem to be making a dent in their business at all. This is America, if you don't like it, don;t go there!

Correct.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Boston mayor Tom Menino vows to keep Chick Fil A out of Boston. The second rate fast food joint was vilified in the Boston metro press today.
Well, that's his right. And if it get's him more votes, it would be a good political move. Kinda like Obama changing his opinion about gay marriage.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Boycott a business because they believe in 'traditional marriage'?
At least I know they are not sending a big check to the re-elect Obama campaign like Ben & Jerry Ice cream, Progressive Insurance, Tyson Foods, Jet Blue, Starbucks, Heinz/Boston Market.
Boston Market???? Talk about disgusting food........

Old 07-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
The anti-gay people have no right to force people to think the way they do.

Who are "anti-gay" people and how are they forcing people to think like they do?

And by the way, most of us NEVER even think about gay issues until we get on this board. The rest of our lives are about a huge variety of topics and activities. I'm quite sure that if I didn't get on this board, the word gay would not enter my head for several months if not years.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Boston mayor vows to keep Chick-fil-A out of city
Read more: Boston mayor vows to keep Chick-fil-A out of city | Fox News

Now The Mayor of Boston is discriminating against Chik Fil A because of their religious beliefs.....

I'm telling you right now.....If this were a Muslim business, NO ONE would be saying a word!!! And Islam is even violent against gays!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
In a new interview with Baptist Press, Cathy puts on the record what critics say his company’s actions have indicated for years. “Well, guilty as charged,” he said in the interview when asked about Chick-fil-A’s backing of families led by a man and a woman.
“We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives,” Cathy said.
The chain, according to the report, has 1,608 restaurants, sales of more than $4 billion and employees who are trained “to focus on values rooted in the Bible.” Chick-fil-A's across the country shut down on Sundays.
“We don’t claim to be a Christian business," Cathy said. "But as an organization we can operate on biblical principles.”

Is Chick-fil-A anti-gay marriage? 'Guilty as charged,' leader says - latimes.com
The above, is the excerpt for the original article!

Where do you see:

1. They will not serve food to homosexuals???

2. That hey will not hire a homosexuals person?

3. That they hate homosexuals??

4. That homosexuals are the scum of the earth?

The media is corrupt! With headlines like "Chick Fil A SLAMS Gat Marriage" etc.......That original answer to a question was an affirmation of what they BELIEVE....not a slam on homosexuals!!!

I'm gonna eat so much Chick Fil A, that me and my family will grow feathers!! And I'm gonna encourage my Christian friends and church members to support them more, as well!!

Go find a Muslim restaurant owner and ask him what he thinks about homosexual marriage!! You'll hear the same thing! But what you WILL NOT see are boycotts!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies