Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 11:06 AM

811 posts, read 1,053,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Listen - I live within a walking distance of the birthplaces of this great nation: not only Independence Hall, but Carpenters Hall where the House of Burgesses first met, the City Tavern, and all the other places associated with the Continental Congress, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, etc. I am in awe every day I pass by these historic places.

Don't lecture me on American history or our ethics and philosophical heritage. I am a historian, on the Board of Governors of the local Historical Society, and very well read on the subject.

You are the victim of the fundamentalist Christian revisionism of American History ... something that is not new, it started with the Victorians in the mid-Nineteenth Century. It is a myth. Just like the story that Betsy Ross designed the first Stars and Stripes.

Get a CLUE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PEqmpGK9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5yZ...feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOfu...feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Av...feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u17_...feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFKF...feature=relmfu

Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM

Pt 1 America's Godly Heritage - YouTube

Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Get a CLUE!

You reply with YouTube videos?

Seriously???

LOL. You are too funny!

You remind me of the folks that state their opinion that the Moon Landing was a hoax, or Holocaust never happened with YouTube videos!

This cracks me up. ROFL.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
*LOL* "David Barton is founder of WallBuilders (WallBuilders | Presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage.), an organization dedicated to restoring America's constitutional, moral, and religious foundations."

Please learn what a credible source is in argumentation.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*LOL* "David Barton is founder of WallBuilders (WallBuilders | Presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage.), an organization dedicated to restoring America's constitutional, moral, and religious foundations."

Please learn what a credible source is in argumentation.
Like typical of those on the left, you attack the messenger.

You didn't even view the videos.

What specifically do you disagree with? Is there anything in error?

The fact is, you have nothing, so you attack, attack, attack.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You reply with YouTube videos?

Seriously???

LOL. You are too funny!

You remind me of the folks that state their opinion that the Moon Landing was a hoax, or Holocaust never happened with YouTube videos!

This cracks me up. ROFL.
Why don't you watch the videos.

You'll learn something.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Like typical of those on the left, you attack the messenger.

You didn't even view the videos.

What specifically do you disagree with? Is there anything in error?

The fact is, you have nothing, so you attack, attack, attack.
It's not a credible source. Don't like it? Take it up with Aristotle.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's not a credible source. Don't like it? Take it up with Aristotle.

Of course it is a credible source. It simply disagrees with your point of view, despite being historically accurate, so you claim it to be not credible.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Of course it is a credible source. It simply disagrees with your point of view, despite being historically accurate, so you claim it to be not credible.
It's not credible. It's credible to you because it reaffirms your religious faith, as well as your view of this country's history. But you can't ask those who don't share your faith to accept it as credible. It's illogical to do so.

Surely you can find a credible historian, unaffiliated with an organization like Wallbuilders, who makes the argument that the founding of this country was based upon Christian principles.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Why Chick-Fil-A proves being Christian is Good for Business | Crown Rights

Good news for chik fil a. Seems the lefties are not hurting their business, and their right to express their beliefs, at all!

It appears their profits are better than ever.
So?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies