Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:29 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Tyson- sends lots of money to DNC, Obama.
Must be such a quandary for them - buy off Republicans, get less safety regulations. Buy off Democrats, get more cheap illegal labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Tyson is disgusting. They feed animal waste to the chickens and cows.

No wonder cancer is on the rise, esp. w. people who consistently eat processed fast food and trash.
They've been feeding arsenic to chickens for decades with the blessing of the government.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Pfizer also notes that the "extremely low level" of inorganic arsenic the FDA detected in the liver of a 3-Nitro-treated chicken "is equivalent to the amount of inorganic arsenic found in an eight-ounce glass of drinking water."
FDA Raises Concerns Over Arsenic in Chickens

There. Feel better?

Old 12-18-2011, 05:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

For every story "A" there is a story "B". Pfizer would never lie about their drugs would they ?

FDA just says no to arsenic in chickens
The drug maker Pfizer announced this week that it will suspend the sale of Roxarsone (3-Nitro), a drug used to kill parasites and promote growth in pigs and poultry, because it contains a form of arsenic that can become carcinogenic in humans.
The company took the step after a study by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found that chickens given the drug had higher amount of inorganic arsenic, a known carcinogen, in their livers.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
And when something goes wrong at one of those mega packers, they send out LOTS and LOTS of contaminated food.

No thanks, Tyson is one to avoid. This is another reason to avoid chain junk fast food places. They get the garbage they sell from suppliers like Tyson. Where is that barf smiley when you need it?

40,000 lbs. is a single trailer load of meat. That's all. One truck out of the hundreds they ship every day.

I'm no big fan of Tyson's, but that's actually not too bad a record.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
HT I was being facetious. I'm not sure I relish the idea of there being arsenic in drinking water.

Did I mention we have a well?

stillkit, yes the record is good percentagewise, but 40,000 is enough meat to make a LOT of people sick!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
lol. yeh. let the people die. The market will work it out. God bless a corporate plutocracy. [sarc]

A disgusting corp. like Tyson should be out of business.

I dont feed it 2 any family or eat it...as well i dont swim in Holston River contaminated with Eastman Chemical and causing miscarriages and cancer since the 1980s in NE Tennessee.

I have seen te Medical personal injury lawsuits, yes the EPA isnt protecting anyone either. At this point its survival of the fittest. thank God i have education to see what is happening, and know no one cares, in Corps. or govt....

factory farming should be illegal.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
HT I was being facetious. I'm not sure I relish the idea of there being arsenic in drinking water.

Did I mention we have a well?

stillkit, yes the record is good percentagewise, but 40,000 is enough meat to make a LOT of people sick!

If people wouldn't be stupid enough to eat hamburger meat half raw, it wouldn't be a problem.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol. yeh. let the people die. The market will work it out. God bless a corporate plutocracy. [sarc]

A disgusting corp. like Tyson should be out of business.

I dont feed it 2 any family or eat it...as well i dont swim in Holston River contaminated with Eastman Chemical and causing miscarriages and cancer since the 1980s in NE Tennessee.

I have seen te Medical personal injury lawsuits, yes the EPA isnt protecting anyone either. At this point its survival of the fittest. thank God i have education to see what is happening, and know no one cares, in Corps. or govt....

factory farming should be illegal.
The REALLY sad part is the fact that our taxes actually pay on site inspectors to make sure our food is safe...why do THESE people not stand liable for criminal charges for letting this crap get by them? In China they would shoot them

Old 12-19-2011, 11:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is one of the big benefits in living in the boonies and going to the butcher and buying locally raised meats. My next door neighbor raises beef for the butcher we shop at. No worries about Ecoli or contaminated eggs since we have our own chickens. Man it sucks living in the city, my family is blessed to be where we are at.
Hmmm... a bunch of kids died from contaminated peanut butter this year. Do you grow your own peanuts? Spinach? Lettuce? Milk? Butter? Cheese? Strawberries? All year? You are not above it but, agreed, your risk is less than some. Your kids might leave home and go live in a city some day. You should still be motivated to agitate for protection of the nations food supply. We are all in this together.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies