Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why does it not surprise me that they have the time on their hands to boycott everything that hurts their fragile feelings? Pfft, who cares.
We do it from 8-10 on Sundays mornings and 5-7 on Wednesday nights. We all had a bunch of free time and couldn't figure out what to do with it, so boycott the SA it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
There IS a comparison between rights based on race and rights based on sexual orientation. While I don't believe that gay people have it as bad as black people did, the issue of "rights" is equal.

And don't bring illegal aliens into this. That's laughable and pathetic. They have no right to be in our country and deserve no rights. Gay Americans deserve the same rights as everyone else. That's where there is NO comparison.
Please tell me what equal rights homosexuals are denied.

As for the rest of your statement while illegal aliens and their advocates and homosexuals and various other groups would love to be able to highjack the civil rights movement to give legitimacy to your sexually orientated issues, there is NO comparison. Nobody said illegals deserve any rights, and nobody said that homosexuals should be stripped of their rights as Americans. I am simply stating the obvious which is that neither special interest group has the right to infringe upon or compare your sexuality issues to the civil rights movement.

As a descendant of slaves and someone who participated in several marches, I take great offense in the BS statements that any special interest group makes in their lame attempt to high jack the civil rights movement.

Homosexuals have the alternative of abstaining from their sexual deviance or at the very least toning down the flamboyant mannerisms and over exaggerated effeminate/masculine behavior. I cannot abstain from being black and I certainly can't hide the fact that I am.

Everytime I read the BS that is compared to the blatant racism, death and destruction that me and other blacks have endured past and present in this county to sexual orientation or being in a country illegally the hypocrisy of it all sickens me.

Have gays ever been enslaved, ripped from their family members, had crosses burned in their yards or been legally considered 3/5ths human, been denied the right to vote, attend school or denied the right to live in a certain neighborhood?

I don't think so.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 12-18-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Marriage -> spousal privilege.

There most definitely is a comparison. A very important one that applies to both groups.

Rights are being denied to tax paying citizens of America based upon insignificant attributes that have no effect upon another individual either way.

As someone currently living through oppression, not unlike yourself if you marched in the civil rights movement; then you should be able to understand the qualms of those currently being oppressed vs. being in favor of oppression yourself. I find that offensive.

You could go back to the continent of your racial origin. That would be about as simple as changing absolutely everything about yourself down to your very core, would it not?

Somehow neither of those seem fair however. It would be much easier to respect one another and understand our common differences.

Flamboyant mannerisms and "exaggerated effeminate/masculine behavior" are also not the issue at hand. But excellent work at pointing out your own bigotry towards homosexuals and putting all of them in one box labeled "the same" simply because it "annoys you" - I suppose it would make me racist however to say that I'm displeased when I see six pairs of boxer shorts, pants dragging the ground and am unable to understand black vernacular English since I know that all black people dress and speak this way.

What racism, death and destruction have you endured in this country? Racism possibly. Definitely not death and destruction as you're here spreading the hate the leaders of the civil rights movement worked very hard to destroy. Excellent use of your life and the opportunities afforded to you to make the world a better place.

The only BS here is your use of your race to justify why one group deserves rights over the other. Who would have guessed that a march against bigotry would in turn produce bigots in the very group that marched against it? Oh the irony!
As far as what I have endured, as a child I marched during the civil rights movement and was hosed down in the streets like a dog because of my race. I have been denied employment, because of my race; I have been denied the opportunity to live where I wish to live because of my race and the list if endless.

I didn't even bother to read the rest of your babbling post attempting to convince me that you are right and I am wrong and that living as a homosexual is equal to racial discrimination. Again you can abstain from acting effeminate or (if you are female} overly masculine. I cannot hide the fact that I am black.

I'm done explaining the difference between two men (or two women) wanting to get married vs. being enslaved, being declared 3/5ths human racial discrimination, not having the right to vote, not being able to live in a neighborhood because those of your race are not allowed, and the list goes on.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 12-18-2011 at 02:57 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
As far as what I have endured, I marched during the civil rights movement and was hosed down in the streets like a dog because of my race.

I didn't even bother to read the rest of your babbling post attempting to convince me that you are right and I am wrong.

I'm done explaining the difference between homosexuality and racial discrimination.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON.
All of your marching must have left you too tired to engage in educated conversation. And there is no convincing. I am right, you are wrong. And in 5-10 years it won't matter what you think because the gays will be able to get married anyways so even if I did lose this battle I still win the war.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
All of your marching must have left you too tired to engage in educated conversation. And there is no convincing. I am right, you are wrong. And in 5-10 years it won't matter what you think because the gays will be able to get married anyways so even if I did lose this battle I still win the war.

Wow, another personal attack. You homos sure love dishing it out but whine when you're smacked with reality.

As far as trying to convince me that you are right, save it. I could less if you practice homosexuality or beastiality, my concern is for the children. You have choices the poor children that you adopt and confuse the hell out of don't.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:01 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
The Salvation Army is a church (a rather conservative one too), a religious group. I'm bisexual myself but, if the SA wants to hire only people that meet their religions requirements, and they are not in violation of Federal and State anti-discrimination laws, I don't want to fight it. I do boycott businesses; I don't go to Chick-Fil-A because of their donations to anti-gay causes. However, I don't see going after a religion as pragmatic. And it's also wrong to make this a political issue; it should be a private issue whether or not a gay person or an ally gives to the SA. Knowing that the Salvation Army does alot of good, I might still give them money even if I don't agree with their religion's views of same-sex attractions.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Threads like this always bring out the hateful types of people. In fact, any thread about any minority group brings out their venom. They're bitter people who need to tear down others in order to make themselves feel better about their lives.

I'm not "boycotting" the Salvation Army. I just choose to make donations to charities that are non-religious, and don't go out of their way to discriminate against gays.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:04 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:

If that is the case. Quit your bitching wait five years and get married. Until then let us have some peace from all of the "gay" woes.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Wow, another personal attack. You homos sure love dishing it out but whine when you're smacked with reality.

As far as trying to convince me that you are right, save it. I could less if you practice homosexuality or beastiality, my concern is for the children. You have choices the poor children that you adopt and confuse the hell out of don't.
You're right. Children are much better provided for in environments where unemployment and gang violence reign supreme. Versus a loving, caring home where they're provided for with two mommies or two daddies.

Since we all know that all black people are poor and gangbangers and all gays force their adopted children to also be gay as well.

My concern is for you to not be concerned with concerns of private individuals that do not concern you.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If that is the case. Quit your bitching wait five years and get married. Until then let us have some peace from all of the "gay" woes.
But it's much more interesting to draw out the bigoted remarks and illogical thinking of people such as yourself. You should take your own advice and accept the inevitable and just get it over with by supporting gay marriage. Sounds like someone is a glutton for punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies