U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:00 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,525,810 times

Advertisements

Salvation Army refuses same sex marriage benefits to employess.

Gay people should only deal with local businesses, charities, and restaurants.

Would a gay person ever eat at Applebees?

http://www.xtra.ca/blog/national/pos...tion-Army.aspx

Salvation Army begs for help in Detroit amidst
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 11:19 AM

38,418 posts, read 19,574,356 times
There are a lot of good reasons for boycotting the Salvation Army. They don't just discriminate against LGBT people in their own ranks (and among those needing help, despite their protestations), they skim donated money to pay for lobbyists to further their homophobic pet projects. Hell, they took their New York soup kitchens hostage a while back because they felt it unfair that they should abide by NY state law for their employees.

There's no lack of worthy recipients. The SA are not on my list.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:27 AM

10,193 posts, read 7,042,852 times
Who the hell gives a damn who or what the "gays" boycott? I am sure most people don't. Most are sick and tired of hearing the same old crap about gay rights on a daily basis. Boycott all you want nobody is paying attention.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

5,817 posts, read 4,735,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Salvation Army refuses same sex marriage benefits to employess.

Gay people should only deal with local businesses, charities, and restaurants.

Would a gay person ever eat at Applebees?

Error

Salvation Army begs for help in Detroit amidst

Cool!

Now I know where to eat and donate to a worthy charity.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 AM

11,451 posts, read 17,919,139 times
Default Gays Boycott Salvation Army

I give to the Salvation Army as often as I can, they help a lot of needy people.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 AM

16,876 posts, read 13,831,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There are a lot of good reasons for boycotting the Salvation Army. They don't just discriminate against LGBT people in their own ranks (and among those needing help, despite their protestations), they skim donated money to pay for lobbyists to further their homophobic pet projects. Hell, they took their New York soup kitchens hostage a while back because they felt it unfair that they should abide by NY state law for their employees.

the SA is a better charity to donate to than the march of dimes is.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:38 AM

62 posts, read 81,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Who the hell gives a damn who or what the "gays" boycott? I am sure most people don't. Most are sick and tired of hearing the same old crap about gay rights on a daily basis. Boycott all you want nobody is paying attention.
I agree. "Gay rights" to me is a joke. Boycotting the salvation army is in bad taste. They feed, cloth, and provide furnishing and even homes to millions of people, most of them children each year.

The whole gay rights movement started to tick me off when they started trying to compare there struggle and movement to the struggles and movements of blacks in the 1960s. That's when they got the middle finger from me for having that much audacity and being so ignorant.

Because of that blatent disrespect towards the struggles and triumphs of black people in this nation along with there constant "were gay accept us" marches I'm not gonna lie, they annoy me and I find fault in everything they do.

If your gay, congratulations, no one cares and stop comparing you not being able to get married in some places to being lynched. I don't see any "***** only" restrooms, bathrooms, or schools.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:40 AM

62 posts, read 81,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

The bottom line is SA helps the most opressed people in our society, the poor. Without them millions of children would not have backpacks for school, would not have food during the summer, and would not know what sleeping in a bed feels like. So supporting a group, ANY group that seeks to boycott them is a direct attempt to oppress millions of poverty stricken children. I can't get down with that.

If the gay groups want to boycott the salvation army they better be seeking to replace them also and help our most vulnerable and opressed. They better be willing to commit there lives and life savings to help others, or they really need to shut up and stop trying so hard to destroy peoples lives. Cause that's what would happen if the salvation army gets shut down by them, they would effectively destroy millions of lives, most of those lives elementary age.

Last edited by FurbyThug; 12-18-2011 at 11:57 AM..

Old 12-18-2011, 11:50 AM

674 posts, read 955,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Most are sick and tired of hearing the same old crap about gay rights on a daily basis..
Most gays are sick and tired of being denied rights that other citizens enjoy on a daily basis as well. Perhaps you see the correlation between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyThug View Post
I agree. "Gay rights" to me is a joke. Boycotting the salvation army is in bad taste. They feed, cloth, and provide furnishing and even homes to millions of people, most of them children each year.

The whole gay rights movement started to tick me off when they started trying to compare there struggle and movement to the struggles and movements of blacks in the 1960s. That's when they got the middle finger from me for having that much audacity and being so ignorant.

Because of that blatent disrespect towards the struggles and triumphs of black people in this nation along with there constant "were gay accept us" marches I'm not gonna lie, they annoy me and I find fault in everything they do.

If your gay, congratulations, no one cares and stop comparing you not being able to get married in some places to being lynched. I don't see any "***** only" restrooms, bathrooms, or schools.
The United States government feeds, clothes and provides furnishing and homes for millions of people, many of them children. Going along with that mentality, I assume you approve of everything the government does as a result of their welfare system.

Second, the movement and struggles of the blacks in the 1960s are relevant to the struggles and movement of the gays.

Persecution, riots, and the fact that tax paying citizens are considered secondary citizens by their government allows one to draw many allusions between the two. I wouldn't call striving for rights granted to one citizen but denied to another "audacity and ignorance." I would however, say that "audacity" and "ignorance" paint every part of your post. The audacity that one groups struggle vs. the others is more important, and that you are qualified to select which one of those is undeserving of recognition and the "ignorance" to the fact that both movements have legitimate reasons for existing.

You may not see "heterosexual only" bathrooms, but you certainly saw a "heterosexual only" military, did you not?

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.

Last edited by OhAcid; 12-18-2011 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 11:56 AM

25,627 posts, read 32,741,569 times
Again another easy mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies