Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,423,323 times

Advertisements

I think the kid scribbled-out "Jesus's birthday" himself when he realized Christmas these days is about giving (material goods), reindeer (flying ones!), and Santa.

Then one foggy Christmas eve in the future he'll realize that flying reindeer and Santa don't exist and the only thing that will be left from that list will be the material goods. And if he is wise, he will embrace what matters - family and friends.

[smart kid]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:53 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,028,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Roy, sorry to say but this thread was one of your more fail threads than your typical ones.
It's actually pretty par for the course. The Christmas ones have been really bad.

I only wonder if he has some one to help him and look out for him. When my great aunt started down a road like this she had to go into a home for those with dementia. It is sad when people don't have family and friends to help them in their times of need.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,602,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I think the kid scribbled-out "Jesus's birthday" himself when he realized Christmas these days is about giving (material goods), reindeer (flying ones!), and Santa.

Then one foggy Christmas eve in the future he'll realize that flying reindeer and Santa don't exist and the only thing that will be left from that list will be the material goods. And if he is wise, he will embrace what matters - family and friends.

[smart kid]
He's six. Cut him slack. He's trying to please his mentally challenged parents. I'm sure when he gets older, he'll realize the real reason for the season -- family and friends.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow Roy, this is beyond far fetched. I can't believe an adult writes worse then a six year old, unless the adult is severely mentally challenged. Especially when the cross out is in crayon and writing underneath is in pen. If you look at it, it looks more like it was done during a struggle...and no kid is at aa teachers home while they review papers to struggle with them It's more logical other kids are picking on her child.

It seems the mom is so religiously insane to dislike her "secular" school, and bordering on mentally challenged herself, that she seems to believe the teacher did it. I can't believe anyone with more brain cells than teeth would make up the story, let alone it.

Is this how you show the world how a fine upstanding Christian acts with integrity Roy? Lie and make up stories to pretend you are being persecuted?

Again Roy you have endorsed something that it not only wrong, it's an outright lie. A lie so bad it is an insult to the reader.
I believe I can forward your comment to the mother since I do read that place a bit now and then. She will be proud to know that all the answers to her story have called her a liar. She may even share your attack the messenger message with the other two parents who say the same thing happened to their kids.

You people are more than purely dirty and nasty when y ou call that mother a liar in your desire to attack me, the messenger.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Roy, sorry to say but this thread was one of your more fail threads than your typical ones.
Do you agree with all the progs ahead of you that this woman is a liar? You people make me wonder if there isn't really a war on Christians.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
And that's saying A LOT.
Maybe I could make you happy by giving you your own personal accusation of calling that woman a liar while attacking the messenger who relayed her story to you. Ok, you have called her a liar.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's actually pretty par for the course. The Christmas ones have been really bad.

I only wonder if he has some one to help him and look out for him. When my great aunt started down a road like this she had to go into a home for those with dementia. It is sad when people don't have family and friends to help them in their times of need.
I am pretty sure it is dementia. My wife goes off and leaves me alone so often and I do things like this when she is away. Yep, I bet that is it. Maybe my birthday being yesterday contributed to it all.

Lets get serious and say that I thought about all the things you people have thought of and decided to play with you. At least some took a swing at all the things that are possible to call the poor woman a liar.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,423,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you agree with all the progs ahead of you that this woman is a liar? You people make me wonder if there isn't really a war on Christians.
If I was the mother and I believed the teacher actually did this, I'd pull my kid out of that class fast. But not because he/she scribbled-out "Jesus's birthday" but because the teacher's penmanship is awful and I don't want my kid learning how to write from someone who writes like a kid.

[there isn't a war on Christians - there are better, more important things to do]

Old 12-18-2011, 06:26 PM

37,083 posts, read 42,056,772 times
According to the article and the mother, it was little Levi himself who wrote the words but the black scribble came from someone else in the school (teacher? principal? jesus hater? who knows). The article was fun to read, such dramatic writing!!! Hahaha. It takes skill to turn nothing into the worst thing ever.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,421,143 times
Lightbulb Another sad Christmas story

Looks more like another case of pole-vaulting over tick turds...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies