Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
None of them admit it now. I find it astounding. I have a very tough time finding a Republican nowadays that actually believed Bush at the time.

It's amazing...it really is. I can't tell you how tenaciously they clung to Bush and all of his ideas on foreign policy at the time, but all of a sudden, they've got the biggest case of amnesia ever seen.
It's disgusting.

Worse yet is they can't take any responsibility for it. You break it YOU BUY IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
None of them admit it now. I find it astounding. I have a very tough time finding a Republican nowadays that actually believed Bush at the time.

It's amazing...it really is. I can't tell you how tenaciously they clung to Bush and all of his ideas on foreign policy at the time, but all of a sudden, they've got the biggest case of amnesia ever seen.
You bush haters are so hung up you don't even know what was going on at the time. It's humorous watching you folks squeal about Bush. "Clung to Bush". LOL. Get your old vodoo doll out and stick a few pins in it for me will ya!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Showing your ignorance yet again are we?? Take your nonsense over to KOS and let the lemming slap you on the back and cheer on. Unreal the nonsense I read from some.
Again, you aren't saying anything. No coherent argument, just jr. high insults. Why are you unable to discuss the subject here?

Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM

LOL. I've been trying to get you up to speed on the subject since you chimed in by asking you to actually read the thread but you and your buddy decided to go on a Bush hating rant. Continue on.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:38 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,254 times
The war was nothing but to boost defense spending and a proxy war of USA military might versus Iran's and Russia's influence in the area.

But most of all, it was spurred by Saudi Arabia. Saddam was a thorn in the side of SA, so they wanted us to remove him, which we did because we're good little foreign oil drug addicts.

Finally, it was basically a means of gunboat diplomacy. Basically to say that "hey guys, with all the attention on China we can still kick some ass here!" That's all it was. It was also to tell all the other little despots that we supported for decades that their behavior should be good, otherwise we'll do the same to their countries.

Little did they all know that their countries' own people were the biggest threat to our little despots, and US influence. Long live the protestor and the freedom fighter from oppression.

So what did we gain... ? Well defense contractors have never had so much money before, meaning the good ole' boys can have a lot more yachts and cute blonde girls serving them drinks! Um ... gotta be something else ... how about "corroding, rusty hangar queens" (the F-22) at 200 million apiece? Erm ... cool lasers!

Oh I know! The biggest thing the US got was 100,000 families who were affected by the war and will have small sons who will grow up despising the USA for having their dads and moms killed either directly or indirectly. So yeah! We have LOTS of future targets now!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. I've been trying to get you up to speed on the subject since you chimed in by asking you to actually read the thread but you and your buddy decided to go on a Bush hating rant. Continue on.
Still waiting for you to actually say something...

Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Still waiting for you to actually say something...
You and detroiter continue with your abbott and costello routine. Get back to me when you read the thread. Or don't.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,754,711 times
Iraq?

Most shameful American military and economic debacle of the last 30 years. Paid for by TWO tax cuts, mind you.

We embarrassed ourselves and weakened our county.

Next question?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,094 times
What did we accomplish? I have no idea. But I do know the exact timeline.
This "war" started on January 16th.. How do I know this? It was the day my daughter took her first breathe. Since then she has said her first words and taken her first steps. She had her first day of elementary school and her last day of high school. Her first driving lesson and her first fender bender. Her first boyfriend and her first day of college. In a month she is gonna buy her dear old dad a beer for the first time. In short, my daughter has lived 20 plus years and has never seen 'peace time'.

The fact that we cannot identify an accomplishment scares the crap out of me.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
The idea underlying going to Iraq was multi-pronged.

a)if attacked by the Islamic world we will strike back and strike back hard. It's not smart to attack US soil. This could be called the 'Rumsfeld doctrine.' Mission accomplished, at least thus far. No major terrorist attacks on US soil since 09/11/01.

b)to implant a democracy in the heart of the Mid-East that could spread in viral fashion. This was always a roll of the dice and it will take another generation to assess. I recall somewhere reading that Mao was once asked what he thought the impact of Napolean Bonaparte on world history. His answer: too soon to tell. All the geniuses who claim to have all the answers should remember this. Too soon to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies