Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,820,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The leftists are always abusive and treat the secret service poorly.
Proof of this, please?
The rest of your post is just too ridiculous to comment on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,773,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The leftists are always abusive and treat the secret service poorly.
Liberalism is the new fascism.
No! The party of caring? The party of tolerance and love?

I know hillary verbally abused a few SS agents.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,820,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Please provide proof.
Blogs dont count.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:50 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,261,800 times
Quote:

You would too if you knew they were covering up for your cheating husband.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,373,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So it would have been ok for the Secret Service to leave Camp David and go home to spend
Christmas with their families, is that what you are saying sanny?
Exactly. I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't just lock the front door really well and give secret service the night off. For all you know they can have Jews, Hindi agents serving during the holidays.

The OP is a sad attempt to make the President look unkind. The men of the Uniformed and Secret Service are grown-ups and professionals. Sadly, the OP can't look beyond a few days off for a holiday.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:10 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Absolutely. And the military and Coast Guard have to work on Christmas -- along with NYC bus drivers and train operators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmmm, heres a simile for you, hope you get it.
Have you ever gone out to eat on a holiday?
Werent you outraged over the fact that the owners of the restaurant forced the staff to be away from their families in order to serve you on a holiday?
Not even gonna talk about what kind of tip you left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Whats next, law enforcement, EMS and firefighters get Christmas off?
A law against fire, accidents and general mayhem on Christmas?
Also plenty of nurses, and other hospital personnel are working. A few docs are on call and have to go in to see patients as well.

Quote:
But....all you do is complain about them. Never address the topic, just how much you don't care for the thread.

I think it's terrible obama takes security, SS, staff away from their families during Xmas, something the 3 previous republicans presidents didn't do.
First, that isn't true; Reagan did go to CA for one Christmas. I could find nothing about Bush I's Christmas celebrations on google; perhaps someone else could post a link if they have one. And if you go back another president, Ford went to Vail at least once (out of three Christmases as president).

When I worked at a hospital, open 24/7, we took turns working holidays. If you worked Christmas, you were off New Years, etc. There may also well be some Jewish/Muslim/Buddhist agents who don't celebrate Christmas anyway and volunteer to work Christmas.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:12 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,145,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Exactly. I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't just lock the front door really well and give secret service the night off. For all you know they can have Jews, Hindi agents serving during the holidays.

The OP is a sad attempt to make the President look unkind. The men of the Uniformed and Secret Service are grown-ups and professionals. Sadly, the OP can't look beyond a few days off for a holiday.
The OP's faux concern for the SS and their families is just that.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,773,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post

Of course, if he stayed in DC or at CD, he would still require a security detail, that's a given, but at least the SS agents would be able to spend at least some time with family.

He does that just fine all on his own. HIS choice to go on a $4+ million vacation, dragging SS, staff and other security away from their families at Christmas. HIS choice. He has NO consideration at all since its all about obama, all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Also plenty of nurses, and other hospital personnel are working. A few docs are on call and have to go in to see patients as well.

First, that isn't true; Reagan did go to CA for one Christmas. I could find nothing about Bush I's Christmas celebrations on google; perhaps someone else could post a link if they have one. And if you go back another president, Ford went to Vail at least once (out of three Christmases as president).

Reagan, Bush I & II spent 19 out of 20 Christmases at CD - 95%, one very important factor - NOT taking SS/security and staff away from their families. They were considerate, compassionate for those that worked for them.

When I worked at a hospital, open 24/7, we took turns working holidays. If you worked Christmas, you were off New Years, etc. There may also well be some Jewish/Muslim/Buddhist agents who don't celebrate Christmas anyway and volunteer to work Christmas.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,373,372 times
Quote:
He does that just fine all on his own. HIS choice to go on a $4+ million vacation, dragging SS, staff and other security away from their families at Christmas. HIS choice. He has NO consideration at all since its all about obama, all the time.
I'l; give the man leeway, he is President. Hawaii is his home. Sadly, it's not closer. You think agents really ever wanted to be in Crawford Texas?

As staff you go where the President goes, you serve at his leisure. Chain of Command.

Get over this false outrage. You don't pull it off well.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Forgive me for not taking your word about Bush I. How about that link I asked for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies