Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Can I have a secret decoder ring like yours?
Then I can read things into articles that just arent there.
Why gee, just look up, the link is there to the book and then...click it. So is the QUOTE from the book.

Go ahead, try clicking and reading.

Oh here, cuz I know you'll never click and read.

Quote:
Bush was so considerate of the agents that protected him that he would stay in town on Christmas Eve so agents could spend it with their families. Then he would fly to Texas the day after Christmas.
Can't think of much else that would have kept CLINTON, Reagan, Bush I and II in town. Amazing, even Bubba thought of others on the day.

Obama doesn't have to worry about that, since he considers no one but himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
But....but....but....it's still inconsiderate of Obama, even to make them miss every OTHER Christmas, dammit!!!
Considering the size of the Secret Service, I'd guess that they don't even have to work every other Christmas.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Considering the size of the Secret Service, I'd guess that they don't even have to work every other Christmas.
That's it? Did you read the link to the article and book?

Apology forthcoming?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ah...but you MISSED this, didn't you?

In the President's Secret Service ... - Ronald Kessler - Google Books

And this;

Read more: No Churchgoing Christmas for the First Family - TIME

On purpose I suppose because that is exactly what it says - he stayed in town on Xmas eve and day out of consideration for the SS.

At LEAST two articles/books saying Reagan/Bush stayed in town out of consideration for their employees - I just KNEW it wouldn't be enough.

Proof of obama's inconsiderate behavior is the FACT for 3 Xmases running, he drags staff, SS and other security thousands of miles away from their families. Your problem if you can't see it.
It is the author who says that about Bush. There is not one quote from Bush himself or any member of his family for that matter saying that.

Didn't think we were talking about the Clintons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Can I have a secret decoder ring like yours?
Then I can read things into articles that just arent there.
What she said! See my response above.

Quote:
Can't think of much else that would have kept CLINTON, Reagan, Bush I and II in town. Amazing, even Bubba thought of others on the day.
That is pure speculation on your part. I can think of a lot of things that would keep any of them in town. Maybe they actually liked attending services at their respective churches (though Reagan wasn't much of a churchgoer). Maybe, oh who knows? You can't get into their heads! You note Time is more objective than that book about Bush, saying Reagan "reportedly" stayed in town so the SS could be with their famiies.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
That's it? Did you read the link to the article and book?

Apology forthcoming?
What the hell do I have to apologize for? The book started out talking about Bush I; it was hard to figure out just when they switched to Bush II and I repeat, there is no statement from either of the Bush presidents, Reagan, or Clinton regarding WHY they stayed in DC. None.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is the author who says that about Bush. There is not one quote from Bush himself or any member of his family for that matter saying that.

Hilarious!! I guess the author just made it all up, even though Bush DID indeed stick to that pattern throughout his term. My goodness, I wonder where the author got all that? Jibes perfectly with the Bush's behavior too. What will you think of next?

Didn't think we were talking about the Clintons!
Highlights just how inconsiderate obama really is, which is the TOPIC of the thread, aside from all the hijacks requiring PROOF, which you know have.

This was common knowledge, especially with Bush.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:11 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,211,220 times
This has to be the most petty and trivial thread I've read in a long long time. I can think of plenty of criticisms against Obama, this one is not one of them. Pretty pathetic and desperate if you ask me

Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Highlights just how inconsiderate obama really is, which is the TOPIC of the thread, aside from all the hijacks requiring PROOF, which you know have.

This was common knowledge, especially with Bush.
Common knowledge my left, uh, foot! Show me a quote. Laura says something else.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,278,326 times
Quote:

On purpose I suppose because that is exactly what it says - he stayed in town on Xmas eve and day out of consideration for the SS.

At LEAST two articles/books saying Reagan/Bush stayed in town out of consideration for their employees - I just KNEW it wouldn't be enough.

Proof of obama's inconsiderate behavior is the FACT for 3 Xmases running, he drags staff, SS and other security thousands of miles away from their families. Your problem if you can't see it.
Sarene, Just because one or two Presidents out of 44 presidents stayed in town on Christmas for what they say was partly, or in whole, out of consideration for the Secret Service doesn't automatically make any president who didn't stay in town over the holiday inconsiderate. If you really belief it does, then you must have gotten your sense of logic our of a Cracker-Jack box along with that decoder ring others have posted about. If this notion of staying in D.C. on Christmas is going to become the gold standard of presidential decorum, then Republicans better be prepared to criticize the next Republican president who doesn't stay in D.C. as much as you/they are criticizing Obama.

Meet the Four Bush Vacations that Were Longer than Obama's Christmas
http://www.politicususa.com/en/obama...stmas-vacation

Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,082,050 times
Sanrene thinks the Secret Service's name should be changed to Secret I Will Provide Your Service At My Convenience!

Talk about enabling an entitlement culture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies