U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 03:15 PM

41,313 posts, read 42,319,612 times

Advertisements

That he would AGAIN take them away from their families and loved ones during Christmas?

Both Reagan AND GWB spent every Christmas at Camp David, where their SS detail would be able to spend time with their families.

Class vs. Crass: Where did the Bush Family spend Christmas?

Quote:
George W. and Laura Bush spent Christmas in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 at Camp David — all eight years of Bush-43′s presidency.

Barack and Michelle Antoinette Obama spend Christmas in Hawaii, tearing White House staff, Secret Service agents, and reporters away from their Washington-based families so the Obamas can enjoy a tropical vacation at immense taxpayer expense. In the middle of a depression.
Disgusting display of inconsiderate behavior from the obamas.

Oh, GHWBush also spent all 4 years at Camp David.

Oh, in case you don't already know - Camp David is REAL close to the White House. About an hour away.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 03:18 PM

86,067 posts, read 78,816,961 times
I believe they went there once and it wasn't their cup of tea.
They are more of a yuppie luxury hotel type of family then a down to earth, walk in the woods type of family.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:19 PM

12,387 posts, read 12,445,539 times
So it would have been ok for the Secret Service to leave Camp David and go home to spend
Christmas with their families, is that what you are saying sanny?

Old 12-18-2011, 03:21 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,468,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That he would AGAIN take them away from their families and loved ones during Christmas?

Both Reagan AND GWB spent every Christmas at Camp David, where their SS detail would be able to spend time with their families.

Oh, in case you don't already know - Camp David is REAL close to the White House. About an hour away.
Yet Obama has taken less vacation time than all previous Presidents in recent memory. Bush has taken more than twice the vacation time of Obama and Reagan more than thrice.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM

19,787 posts, read 12,852,097 times
"Hi, I'm Mr. Secret Service Man, and I am outraged that I must take a trip with Pres. Obama to horrible Hawaii on the government dime in December. I cannot contain how disappointed I am for not being stuck outside the Camp David presidential compound in 30 degree weather. I mean, it must be 80 degrees in Hawaii. At Camp David they have hot chocolate to keep us warm. In Hawaii, they only have girls in string bikinis, that don't look warm at all. I don't know how I will survive."

These false outrage threads are good because it means the wingnuts don't have anything substantive to complain about.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:25 PM

41,528 posts, read 21,115,220 times
Truly, the man is History's Greatest Monster.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM

90,377 posts, read 111,959,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

BS!

Reagan Family to Spend Christmas in Bel-Air Home - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are more of a yuppie luxury hotel type of family then a down to earth, walk in the woods type of family.
More BS:

FactCheck.org : President Obama’s Vacation Days

It’s worth mentioning that President Obama has also made 11 trips — all or part of 27 days — to Camp David, the presidential retreat in Frederick County, Md.

(This as of Jan. 2010, almost two years ago now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
So it would have been ok for the Secret Service to leave Camp David and go home to spend
That's what I was wondering, too. Or did the SS get to bring their families, at an addition cost to the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Hi, I'm Mr. Secret Service Man, and I am outraged that I have to have a December trip to horrible Hawaii on the government dime. I cannot contain how disappointed I am for not being stuck in 30 degree weather at Camp David.
My sentiments exactly!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM

26,684 posts, read 26,915,257 times
It's because Obama is a racist, Communist, atheist, homosexual Muslim who is ineligible to be President because he's a citizen of Kenya. Or at least that's what the right-wing nut jobs tell me.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:34 PM

674 posts, read 978,226 times
So they have to work on Christmas.

Just like many other people in America.

Only they're making more than time and a half. I wouldn't be bitching if I were them. Especially with the added perk of Christmas in Hawaii.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:39 PM

41,313 posts, read 42,319,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not the point. The point is he has taken his SS detail away from their families three years running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
CD, an hour away, would be little different than in the WH. He would still have a detail, BUT they would be able to switch off so each would have family time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
"Hi, I'm Mr. Secret Service Man, and I am outraged that I must take a trip with Pres. Obama to horrible Hawaii on the government dime in December. I cannot contain how disappointed I am for not being stuck outside the Camp David presidential compound in 30 degree weather. I mean, it must be 80 degrees in Hawaii. At Camp David they have hot chocolate to keep us warm. In Hawaii, they only have girls in string bikinis, that don't look warm at all. I don't know how I will survive."

These false outrage threads are good because it means the wingnuts don't have anything substantive to complain about.
AWAY from his family. I bet he'd prefer to be at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
BS!

Reagan Family to Spend Christmas in Bel-Air Home - Los Angeles Times

You're right. More BS;

Quote:
Goodby, Pennsylvania Avenue. Hello, St. Cloud Road.

Twenty-eight days before they will make it their permanent address, President and Mrs. Reagan moved into their $2.5-million Bel-Air home Friday.
NOTE THE DATE; DECEMBER, 1988, first Xmas OUT of the WH.

More BS:

FactCheck.org : President Obama’s Vacation Days

It’s worth mentioning that President Obama has also made 11 trips — all or part of 27 days — to Camp David, the presidential retreat in Frederick County, Md.

(This as of Jan. 2010, almost two years ago now)

That's what I was wondering, too. Or did the SS get to bring their families, at an addition cost to the government?

My sentiments exactly!
NOT talking about his regular vacation, JUST during Christmas...I thought that was clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Thread is so stupid and inaccurate, even Angels have to cry!!
What is inaccurate? The FACT obama is once again in HI, dragging his SS with him, away from their families?

Or the FACT GWB spent ALL 8 years at CD just so his SS detail could be with their families.

Same with Bush the Elder and Reagan.

What is inaccurate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies