Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I think Jesus ought to spend less effort worrying about Tebow's football game and more on feeding hungry children.

I guess you can't expect any more from someone who grew up with two fathers and a surrogate mother...
What an absolutely ignorant comment to make concerning Jesus. Your ignorance rivals that only of the right wingers who pervert the Gospel to achieve their own ends. I doubt you have ever read a word in the bible. You have no idea what Jesus is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 05:13 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
If the Broncos win the Super Bowl, there is no way Obama will invite the team to the White House.
Oh he will...Obama is a politician at heart...and they love winners!!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Jesus doesn't give Tim Tebow any thought more then He gives all Gods people...and Tim or any Christian would tell you that!Don't blame Jesus on the media hype...Tim's faith makes him more focused and controlled it has nothing to do with Jesus micro-managing a football game!When Tim succeeds he gives glory to God which is just his way of thanks!
Is he focused on faith or football? He can't give 110% to both.

If he thanks Jesus when he makes a good play, he apparently believes that Jesus had something to do with it. Who does he blame when he blows it, I wonder...?

Old 12-18-2011, 05:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:

If he thanks Jesus when he makes a good play, he apparently believes that Jesus had something to do with it. Who does he blame when he blows it, I wonder...?
You would have to ask Tim Tebow if you want a true answer, wouldn't you?

Old 12-18-2011, 05:18 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Michael Vick can focus on killing dogs and passing at the same time.

I like Favring at the mall. It helps to be a fast runner. Mall security is slow.

Quote:

Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:

Do you really care what Tim Tebow believes and if you do why???

Old 12-18-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You have obviously not read the Bible.
Yet I've quoted scriptures after scriptures to back up my points and you have not even quoted one to back your opinion.

Since you are the one who obviously haven't read the bible, le me help you.

The Apostle Paul did say:

Quote:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16

It is clear that he is saying you should not be ashamed to be a Christian. However it doesn't mean you should take the Lord's name in vain (which is a sin according to the 10 commandments) or make vain public displays of faith to prove that you are a Christian. You prove you are a Christian by the life that you live and how you treat others.

As the bible says:

Quote:
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16

In other words, people will recognize that you are a Christian by how you live your life. A true Christian doesn't have to tell you that he is a Christian for you to recognize it. It is immediately obvious in their behavior.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:50 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Do you really care what Tim Tebow believes and if you do why???
I care nothing about Tebow or football, either.

Besides - Jesus looks more like a soccer dude to me...

Old 12-18-2011, 05:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Yet I've quoted scriptures after scriptures to back up my points and you have not even quoted one to back your opinion.

Since you are the one who obviously haven't read the bible, le me help you.

The Apostle Paul did say:

Romans 1:16

It is clear that he is saying you should not be ashamed to be a Christian. However it doesn't mean you should take the Lord's name in vain (which is a sin according to the 10 commandments) or make vain public displays of faith to prove that you are a Christian. You prove you are a Christian by the life that you live and how you treat others.

As the bible says:

Matthew 7:16

In other words, people will recognize that you are a Christian by how you live your life. A true Christian doesn't have to tell you that he is a Christian for you to recognize it. It is immediately obvious in their behavior.
Praying in public is not a vain display. When I dine with certain friends we pray before dining. Being thankful to the Lord for our Blessings is not vain.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I care nothing about Tebow or football, either.

Besides - Jesus looks more like a soccer dude to me...
Pleae do not blaspheme the name of Jesus if you do not know what he is about.

Jesus is the absolute opposite of everything conservatives and Republicans represent. He is for peace, love, and justice for the poor and weak in society. Conservatives and Republicans with the help of ignorant liberals have done more to blaspheme the name of Jesus than any other force in this world.

Anyways I have to head back to work so I'll have to leave the discussion. You guys need to read the bible and discover who Jesus is before making totally baseless comments.

Have a great evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies