Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 AM

62 posts, read 98,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Can we just skip straight to the execution?? I fully support death to all miscreants who brutalize and victimize children. Or better yet, put them on an island all by themselves and let them victimize each other.
They already have an island and that island is named rikers island .

Its game over for sandusky. Between his post interviews where he practically admits guilt to his refusal to show up to the grand jury an now this garbage defence. Its game over. The public has no doubts, and I don't see a jury having any either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 12:19 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I got the impression muleskinner was being serious, perhaps I was wrong.

I don't buy the "position of power=always wrong" argument, at least not in this case. The idea that only people with exactly equal power ought to have sex is a modern one and a rather stupid one IMO.
No actually I was just trying to add a bit of levity into a serious situation...I thought she was hot,but I was a teenage boy at the time and she was around 30....I still would have thought it to be wrong regardless.

The law says 18 and imo (and the law's) an adult regardless of gender who has sex with anyone under that age is a pedophile.

During my time as a LEO I had an unfortunate reason to have to study pedos and most every independent study said the same thing...once a predator always a predator...some just suppress the urge better than others,but they'll ALWAYS be dangerous.

I would vote for the victim of a pedo attack being able to shoot/kill the offender on conviction.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yes,that is exactly what I think.

Of course it is and I wonder why it does not surprise me?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
This message is hidden because Scotty011 is on your ignore list.

Check back after you've learned more than one line drivel.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Right. Thomas Jefferson having sex with his slaves, no biggie! The slaves could always say no, even though Jefferson owned them.
At the time it was obviously no biggie. We don't allow slavery anymore, so the problem doesn't come up.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No actually I was just trying to add a bit of levity into a serious situation...I thought she was hot,but I was a teenage boy at the time and she was around 30....I still would have thought it to be wrong regardless.

The law says 18 and imo (and the law's) an adult regardless of gender who has sex with anyone under that age is a pedophile.
You are at least partially mistaken. In most U.S. states and in most cases, the age of consent is 16. In situations like teacher/student, family members, and I assume coach/athlete, it is often 18. But either way "pedophile" is not a legal designation, it is a psychiatric designation. There is not one person in the U.S. serving time for "pedophilia."

Quote:
During my time as a LEO I had an unfortunate reason to have to study pedos and most every independent study said the same thing...once a predator always a predator...some just suppress the urge better than others,but they'll ALWAYS be dangerous.
I did my undergrad thesis on Megan's Law, and some don't just suppress the urge "better than" others, some do not reoffend at all. Most, in fact.

Quote:
I would vote for the victim of a pedo attack being able to shoot/kill the offender on conviction.
Since you apparently don't know the meaning of pedophilia, nor that few manifestations of it can reasonably be termed an "attack", this is a pretty nonsensical statement.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
At the time it was obviously no biggie. We don't allow slavery anymore, so the problem doesn't come up.
It was no biggie to Jefferson. It may have been a biggie to his slave. Anyway, you think sex between a coach and an athlete is appropriate? If the athlete says no, do you think the coach just says, "I understand" and gives the athlete the playing time, etc s/he has earned, or does the coach "punish" the athlete by benching him/her? Get a grip!

Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It was no biggie to Jefferson. It may have been a biggie to his slave. Anyway, you think sex between a coach and an athlete is appropriate? If the athlete says no, do you think the coach just says, "I understand" and gives the athlete the playing time, etc s/he has earned, or does the coach "punish" the athlete by benching him/her? Get a grip!
Depends on the coach.

If Sally had said no to Jeff., he may have been a big enough man to find another outlet. We have no way of knowing, even in a case like that. And a teen athlete in 2011 sure as heck has a lot more options for dealing with unwanted advances than a slave in 1785.

ETA: "It may have been a biggie to his slave". LOL. Maybe, but she was probably expecting bigger

Old 12-19-2011, 05:05 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Except when adult women molest underaged boys.
Oh yes, and we all know that happens equally as often as men molest little boys.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Depends on the coach.

If Sally had said no to Jeff., he may have been a big enough man to find another outlet. We have no way of knowing, even in a case like that. And a teen athlete in 2011 sure as heck has a lot more options for dealing with unwanted advances than a slave in 1785.

ETA: "It may have been a biggie to his slave". LOL. Maybe, but she was probably expecting bigger
My, what a funny little joke about statutory rape, not!

Travis Masse case: Former Broomfield wrestling coach sentenced to life in prison for sex assault - Boulder Daily Camera

The judge said Masse, who was voted coach of the year and whose wrestling team was state champion in 2009, dashed his own promising prospects in life with his decision to sexually pursue his students.

Jury foreman in Travis Masse trial criticizes Boulder Valley and Broomfield High for lax oversight - Boulder Daily Camera

The 51-year-old foreman said the jury walked away with the sense that the Boulder Valley School District, and the Broomfield High wrestling program in particular, lacked oversight and cultivated an atmosphere in which students weren't adequately protected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies