Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If you consider brainwashed nutcases that look like those polygamist ranch whack jobs and use woman as baby factories "good Christian and conservative values"
Well obviously you don't, so that's all that really matters right?
Yes because I'm sure Mr.Duggar has married and impregnated his daughters.
Anything to go against Christians and Conservatives, and they must be even worse because they're both.
Not to mention, they raise their daughters, and sons, to get an education. The Duggars teach their kids, including their daughters, that they should follow their dreams, whatever those dreams may be. Are you scared that people will look at that show and want to be like them? Scared that women will actually enjoy having a place in the home and not an 8hr. work day, rushing the kids to soccer, stopping at McDonalds on the way home, having a 15min conversation about homework or feelings, sending them off to bed not knowing anything about them, then doing it the next day? It may look appealing to a woman who has that kind of life style. Have you ever even seen the show?

Last edited by personwhoisaperson; 12-19-2011 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
They wouldn't have had 20 kids if they were raised as Catholics, because to us, sex is dirty. Always will be.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
They wouldn't have had 20 kids if they were raised as Catholics, because to us, sex is dirty. Always will be.
What are you even talking about!? I'm Catholic, Latin Rite. About 400 people attend my church, only about 20 families have less than 4 kids. Normal size is 8-12 kids in a family.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
They just should have kept it private, imo.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
What are you even talking about!? I'm Catholic, Latin Rite. About 400 people attend my church, only about 20 families have less than 4 kids. Normal size is 8-12 kids in a family.
That would be this:

Quote:
One example is when Pope John Paul II urged husbands "not to commit adultery with their wives by desiring sex for its mere pleasure and the satisfaction of instinct" (Modras: 124, of 1980).
Catholic Sex

Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That would be this:

Catholic Sex
I'm not really sure what you mean. Are you saying that it's okay to cheat on your wife because you want more sex? Or are you misinterpreting the word adultery? Enlighten me.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I love watching Liberals writhe in misery as they try to defend abortion while being forced to reconcile the little hand and foot in the OP. A dead baby is a good baby according to the pro-abortionists. Now they get to see for themselves what's lost in an abortion. Afterall, let us not forget that SECOND TRIMESTER abortions are legal, and the pro-abortioners support it. Who cares about little human beings? Right? Just ask your fellow liberal, they'll tell you!

This is entertaining for sure!
I didn't see anyone writhing in anything. I'm not sure how this is a "liberal" issue since conservatives get abortions all the fracking time.

The Duggars suffered a miscarrage pretty far along in the pregnancy, farther along than most people would consider abortion an option in all but the most unusual cases.

I'll look at dead babies all day and still be prochoice.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Right back atcha, Sparky.
That cuts both ways.
I must say, thats low, even for you.
So you can dish it out but not take it. I get it. Did I spell it all ok for you?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I didn't see anyone writhing in anything. I'm not sure how this is a "liberal" issue since conservatives get abortions all the fracking time.

The Duggars suffered a miscarrage pretty far along in the pregnancy, farther along than most people would consider abortion an option in all but the most unusual cases.

I'll look at dead babies all day and still be prochoice.
May I ask why you are prochoice?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
May I ask why you are prochoice?
Because someone elses pregnancy isn't my concern. Tons of conceptions never make it to the point of birth and I really don't care why. A miscarriage or an abortion have the same result. I'm only concerned with what goes on once people are born because then you can actually do something as opposed to trying to control a uterus.

It's the only LOGICAL position to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies