Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So now you have a doctorate in psychiatry as well as a doctorate in OB/GYN.
Go buy a clue and get out of your mamas basement.
It would do you a world of good.
Oh, right, people not sharing your views lack empathy, compassion, a clue...
Isn't that posting strategy a bit outdated by now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And how people perceive the Duggars is conditioned by their expectations. And then they voice those perceptions even though they don't know the Duggars and are misinformed about the facts.
To a certain extent that may well be correct. So, should we not discuss anything anymore that we don't have direct access to? Maybe it would be better

Old 12-21-2011, 12:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Oh, right, people not sharing your views lack empathy, compassion, a clue...
Isn't that posting strategy a bit outdated by now?
Ah, but I never said a word about not sharing views, did I?
More strawman.
But then, thats all you have done in this thread.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
To a certain extent that may well be correct. So, should we not discuss anything anymore that we don't have direct access to? Maybe it would be better
Better to be thougth a fool before opening ones mpouth and confirming it.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Since you are mostly discussing me instead of the topic, I will leave this pointless thread so you can keep pitying the Duggars and each other without further disturbances

Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Since you are mostly discussing me instead of the topic, I will leave this pointless thread so you can keep pitying the Duggars and each other without further disturbances
Dont let the door hit you on your way out!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And how people perceive the Duggars is conditioned by their expectations. And then they voice those perceptions even though they don't know the Duggars and are misinformed about the facts.
But hello, that's one of the major drawbacks of being famous. I have no objection to adults being famous, or making up their own minds to be famous, but to put your minor children and preemie baby and have a huge memorial service with photos for your stillborn child - well, you are opening up a world of judgment for members of your family that have absolutely no say in the matter and because of their age, no way to adequately consent.

They have completely demolished their childrens' right to privacy. Their actions are open to interpretation in the world of TMZ and Facebook and whatever else might come along.

That's what I judge them over. I think it's wrong to do that to your children. Being famous can be a real double edged sword, and IMO it's wrong to force your children down that path before they are fully thinking adults. Regardless of the reason for doing so.

It has turned their family and by default their deceased child into a spectacle, and I'm sorry, but it was fully avoidable and totally of their own making.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Is that a serious question?
You do realize the Pill has been around for just a little over 50 years...before that, women had no control at all, except for illegal abortions.
Women have had control over their reproductive system for millenia. There are herbal solutions/contraceptives/abortives that women have known about long before science came up with them. Not to mention the fact that when women were not shut off from their bodies the way we are taught to be now, women "knew" when they were ovulating and fertile. Some women use that method still today because it's healthier than the "scientific" way. Abortions were not the only alternative for women who did not want to have a baby... nor are they now.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So you're saying we shouldn't care about other people's feelings? Or how our actions might affect someone else?

I do think that we should care, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I don't think that anyone else's feelings matter in this situation, and their actions don't effect anyone because people don't have to look at it.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't say this, but scientists have observed ape mothers in the wild carrying around their miscarriages for days as if they were still alive, they also don't want to accept that their babies are dead. Maybe it is the same for them...
it is the same! And it's not just apes, it's many animals will do this. We adopted a dog recently who's babies were taken from her WAY too early. She was extremely depressed and we gave her a stuffed toy and she carried it around and mothered it like one of her puppies. Nearly brought me to tears to see her with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies