Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am confused, where are all the righties and why aren't they celebrating the good news
I think they are somewhere celebrating the violence in Egypt, which is all Obama's fault.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No..we can't be more energy independent if we're talking about oil. Why do you guys persist with this myth? Did you read the OP? We're sending much of it to other nations. Why? Because it's profitable.
Read Finn's link where it talks about the amount of oil we import and compares it to the amount of refined products we export. There is a huge difference and you may find that we have refining capacity while many other countries don't have that yet. At any rate refined products sure isn't the same thing as crude oil.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Outstanding article. I wonder what some of those words in it really mean. I have been thinking that could means maybe or possibly and they use it to point out that we may some day export more oil products than we import.

One of the best parts of it was when they said something about oil importation and in the next sentence mentioned crude oil products as if that was the same thing. The whole thing reads like a propaganda piece to convince people of something.

Have you seen any of the most recent things about how the EPA is managing to close numbers of coal burning electricity generating plants? Talk about propaganda, the one I will get for you is one huge piece of Pelosi but many people believe it.

I guess, "all hands on deck" in the attempts to shut down power from fossil fuel is what Obama is organizing now. I think that he will soon have his Cap and Trade from EPA rules which are being used to force coal plants to shut down. Of course, most of them won't be shut down before 2014 and that will be after we could be independent oil producers. Don't report us to the folks in DC but there is such heavy oil activity here in my county that I just can't believe it. It is that oil they have known was there for years but didn't feel the need to drill for or were kept from doing by the government.
Storm is approaching your area Roy. You might need some heating oil soon. This time is will be Made in America. Are you happy?

Old 12-19-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Finn...if you continue to lie about this, i'm reporting you to the moderators. This is an outright lie. Obama is stopping all oil production in this country and making us more dependent on Middle Eastern oil. He's singlehandedly killed the oil industry in this country. I know it because Limbaugh and Hannity told me so.

Now as you were.
Has the oil drilling recovered in the Gulf of Mexico since the explosion I am not at all sure wasn't staged, yet? How could it when too many of our rigs went to Brazil along with all that money to be used to develop their industry so we could become their best customer. Obama did say that, didn't he when he gave them that pile of money?

Old 12-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Has the oil drilling recovered in the Gulf of Mexico since the explosion I am not at all sure wasn't staged, yet? How could it when too many of our rigs went to Brazil along with all that money to be used to develop their industry so we could become their best customer. Obama did say that, didn't he when he gave them that pile of money?
Bakken, Roy...Bakken. We have talked about it before.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I find it curious too that there is a sudden jump in production and permits. Could it be that the economy is flatlined and needs a jolt of electricity to keep it afloat and oil offers that?

Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The fact is, the EPA and other government agencies have made it much more expensive to obtain a barrel of oil. Now nobody wants a polluted environment but many of the regulations, not only passed by this administration but others as well have made it less profitable to drill in this country, are absurd and made it more financially viable to drill in other countries and import it into our country. We have a wealth of untapped oil right here at home, if we can and will go about getting it in a reasonable manner.
I'm pretty sure I keep reading that oil companies continue to rake in record profits. How is this so if it is not financially profitable to drill and obtain oil?

Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm pretty sure I keep reading that oil companies continue to rake in record profits. How is this so if it is not financially profitable to drill and obtain oil?
They have been drilling in other countries.. Oil companies are for the most part international

Old 12-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am confused, where are all the righties and why aren't they celebrating the good news
I have been calling people's attention to the fact that the MSNBC panel of writers talk about crude oil in one sentence and then go to the exportation of crude oil products . One of those would be what we bring out of the ground and the other one would be what has been refined. I believe that some of the countries we export to don't have refining capacities to keep up with their demand.

You do know the difference in refined products and crude oil, don't you?

Old 12-19-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I have been calling people's attention to the fact that the MSNBC panel of writers talk about crude oil in one sentence and then go to the exportation of crude oil products . One of those would be what we bring out of the ground and the other one would be what has been refined. I believe that some of the countries we export to don't have refining capacities to keep up with their demand.

You do know the difference in refined products and crude oil, don't you?

Yes, we talked about the explosion in exportation of refined products last week. Now we are talking about the increase of crude being drilled out of the ground. Both are good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies