Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

North Koreans Mourn Death of Kim Il-Sung - YouTube
He was a crul brutal dictator that starved millions of his people and they are crying for him?

I would be happy because maybe now they can have a future I don't Really get their reaction to his death..I see it as a positive thing but then again the messed up propoganda must of had some effect after 30 years on them.
He didn't starve his people, his adherence to Marxism starved his people. Same thing happened in the Ukraine and China.

Yet the Left goes around sporting Che shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Jim Jones Il Sung

Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
You have to understand that the N. Loreans have only known tyranny for generations. Very few are old enough to recall N. Korea before Communism.

I suggest those interested read a book from by No-Kum Sok "A MiG-15 to Freedom". This N. Korean risked his life dreaming for and attaining the freedoms in the US that we so carelessly have allowed to disintegrate in the time since his escape from N. Korea.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
What an incredible tragedy North Korea is...

Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
The stench of raw onions must have been overwhelming.

Seriously though, they were told in their earliest days of schooling that he was literally a god, his birth surrounded by Buddha-like portents and miracles. They had no way of getting any contrary information.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Most people in that country know to toe the line.....bawl when the little nut died.

But come on, most people in that country would have loved to get their hands on ILL, angrily squeezing the life out of him.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:06 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He didn't starve his people .
Hmmm, weird take on the subject.

Very weird indeed, no surprised however.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You have to understand that the N. Loreans have only known tyranny for generations. Very few are old enough to recall N. Korea before Communism.

I suggest those interested read a book from by No-Kum Sok "A MiG-15 to Freedom". This N. Korean risked his life dreaming for and attaining the freedoms in the US that we so carelessly have allowed to disintegrate in the time since his escape from N. Korea.
What was really amazing about his defection was the mig-15 he flew to an American base in South Korea. He passed 2 super saber's (F-100's) that were
taking off. It stunned everyone on the base. They offered him 1,000,000 $ for
His defection & the mig, but, he turned it down. Within two years he became
a citizen of the USA and A decorated pilot in the Air Force. You have really
got to respect and admire the guy.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
The Vice Guide to North Korea (Part 1 of 14 parts).

The Vice Guide to North Korea Part 1 of 14 - YouTube
Thanks for sharing this. I'm watching the additional episodes.

The host summed it nicely in Part 5, "There's nothing normal that happens, ever, in this whole country."

Last edited by doc1; 12-20-2011 at 12:36 AM..

Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I'm watching the additional episodes.

The host summed it nicely in Part 5, "There's nothing normal that happens, ever, in this whole country."
Hopefully the word "Vice" didn't throw someone off. I found it informative and very entertaining.

Many people in North Korea are convinced they live within a very high standard of living

No internet, no outside newspapers and not even computers that work. Until recently possession of a cell phone was a death sentence. I guess you can purchase a cell phone now but they only operate around the capitol and you can bet every word you say is being listened to.

A young girl forced to eat grass taken a year ago. If I remember right this was taken in August and she was found dead in November. From the comments "Her body was apparently already decomposing by the time it was found, but the local People's Safety Ministry agents were in no hurry to deal with it because she did not have any family, so it was left for a long time." which is what I remember happening.

Starving North Korean Girl Looking For Grass To Eat - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies