Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:39 AM

288 posts, read 717,187 times

Advertisements

U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Pays Homage to Obama

"paying homage to President Barack Obama, but includes no ornament readily visible to a person standing near the tree's base that uses the word “Christmas,” or includes an image of the Nativity, or bears the name or image of Jesus Christ."

What's the Christmas tree for then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Pays Homage to Obama

"paying homage to President Barack Obama, but includes no ornament readily visible to a person standing near the tree's base that uses the word “Christmas,” or includes an image of the Nativity, or bears the name or image of Jesus Christ."

What's the Christmas tree for then?
It isn't obvious that it is a Christmas tree?

[should we label it?]

Old 12-20-2011, 12:58 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[should we label it?]
Atheist Muslim Communist Fascist Elitist tree?

Seriously though, most trees don't have a baby Jesus dangling from it. Don't see too many ornaments like that, but I'm from Chicago, were we hate Christians and love Muslims.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:07 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[should we label it?]
Apparently, yes... it's supposed to have a BIG sign reading "This is for Christmas, in case you didn't figure that out, and Christmas celebrates Jesus Christ." You don't have that label on your Christmas tree? Heathen!! LMAO

Seriously people?? This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Apparently, yes... it's supposed to have a BIG sign reading "This is for Christmas, in case you didn't figure that out, and Christmas celebrates Jesus Christ." You don't have that label on your Christmas tree? Heathen!! LMAO

Seriously people?? This is getting beyond ridiculous.
Why didn't Obama put a baby Jesus on the top of the Christmas tree?

Why does he hate baby Jesus. What did baby Jesus ever do to Obama?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why didn't Obama put a baby Jesus on the top of the Christmas tree?

Why does he hate baby Jesus. What did baby Jesus ever do to Obama?
All Muslims hate baby Jesus, and Obama is a closeted Muslim... didn't you know that?

FWIW, I've noticed recently that Chanukah GELT is almost impossible to find - even in the stores that used to sell it, like Trader Joe's. They now call them "chocolate international coins," so you Christians don't have the monopoly on falling victim to Political Correctness. I just don't feel the need to start a thread about it, LOL. (not to mention, I've never seen a Christmas tree labeled as such)

Old 12-20-2011, 01:40 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Read there were several ornaments that praised himself.. The village idiot is a narcissit. Unbelievable

Old 12-20-2011, 01:46 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Because y'all keep saying "baby Jesus", I keep thinking about the movie Talledega Nights..."Dear 8 pounds 6 ounces baby Jesus..."

Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Read there were several ornaments that praised himself.. The village idiot is a narcissit. Unbelievable
What's a "narcissit?" Sounds like something you'd catch in the ocean, LOL.

P.S. I'd love to see the trees of everyone here, so I could pick apart your ornaments. I bet few of you have the word CHRIST plastered all over it, and many have self-serving ornaments (like pictures of your kids, #1 Mom/Dad, gifts, etc). I don't see why it matters, though... what a stupid non-issue this thread is.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
It use to be called Christ Mass.

Is it making sense now what Christmas is all about.

It is to celebrate Christ's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies