Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which one is it?
reality 11 64.71%
insanity 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Given the violent tendencies of certain groups, it would be pretty foolish to say un-P.C. things around them.
Folks say un-P.C. things to hotheaded people all the time without violence. I know i do...ALL the time.

But there is a such thing as common courtesy. Some things you just don't say to people regardless of how you feel about it because it's stupid to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 02:19 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
I voted reality

Everyone of us can say some vile racist stuff about each other, but some of us prefer to judge on individual basis or at least specify our targeting,. Anything I have to say about white people, I will direct my anger only to the racist and idiots of the bunch. The people who resort to racism, the same who will not hesitate to type ''cracka'' ''*****h(and all its variations)'', ''honky'', ''*****'', or '****'' on youtube, stormfront, city-data, [domain blocked due to spam], and what ever site they might be on, I believe, most of them very much feel that way and the internet is the only place where they can say what they truly feel without facing physical confrontation.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Racism on the internet is a reality. The racialized stuff that no one wants to say in public, people say it on the internet, where anonymity is almost guaranteed. Why else have sites like StuffBlackPeopleDon'tLite and Stormfront gotten so big. It's out there.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:06 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
The size of your balls increases commensurately with the speed and availability of your internet connection.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:18 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
The size of your balls increases commensurately with the speed and availability of your internet connection.
In short, people are big and bad online, but in public, people act like cowards.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
I think its just an internet thing. In the real world at work or out at a pub I see Blacks, Whites, Hispanics and Indians socializing, drinking beer and mixing. I see White guys dancing to Hiphop and black guys in cowboy dubs all at the same place. Probably wouldn't see that 20 years ago.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurbyThug View Post
It seems like almost anywhere I go on the internet I encounter extreme racism. It usually involves whites vs blacks with both sides attacking each other unprovoked on a constant basis. Not just stormfront either, but youtube, I've visitied a few hip hop forums where discussions just as vile as any kkk or black militant nationalist site, and even on here there is an undercurrent of racial hate from both sides.

Out here in the world I don't see and experience it much.

Is the internet the place where the most hateful vent there disgusting thoughts and feelings about other groups, a place where the outcasts and losers of our society can have a prominent voice, or is it the place where most people take off there masks and verbally attack others based on race?
It's insanity AND reality...and promoted by allowing racist crap like this:

Poll: Which minority has the worst entitlement mentality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies