Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, try again, go back and read my question. You saying the stock market is up, has nothing to do with my question. Have you asked your 7 year old yet?
Yep, for 2-3 years now. Your question assumes the premise that it has been up only for a week or two. Wrong premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yep, for 2-3 years now. Your question assumes the premise that it has been up only for a week or two. Wrong premise.
And your premise and the OP's premise of "the stock market is up today" the economy is on the upswing is wrong. Tell me, how the market, with 1 day of quoting the stock market, you could even MAKE an assumption like that?

Hell the OP cannot even make up his mind, is the economy up and the repubs are pissed or the economy is down and the repubs should be happy? All these threads are in the same day...go look for yourself...and if you believe that...then you have just put yourself in the same ranking as the Op....

Old 12-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
And your premise and the OP's premise of "the stock market is up today" the economy is on the upswing is wrong. Tell me, how the market, with 1 day of quoting the stock market, you could even MAKE an assumption like that?

Hell the OP cannot even make up his mind, is the economy up and the repubs are pissed or the economy is down and the repubs should be happy? All these threads are in the same day...go look for yourself...and if you believe that...then you have just put yourself in the same ranking as the Op....
The OP uses an instance for the real point. It would be dishonest to deny that it points at a trend that dates back no farther than two weeks. No? You got your knickers twisted at my mention of Buffet looking far beyond a week or two, BTW.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 12-21-2011 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-21-2011, 10:31 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
down 103 as of now. Profit taking , or is the economy tumbling?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The OP uses an instance for the real point. It would be dishonest to deny that it points at a trend that dates back no farther than two weeks. No? You got your knickers twisted at my mention of Buffet looking far beyond a week or two, BTW.
My nickers are just fine, thank you!

But I'm glad to see that you also believe that this is a BS thread....no matter how you turn it...and that you also agree to the false premise what he has said was completely wrong..........

Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
My nickers are just fine, thank you!

But I'm glad to see that you also believe that this is a BS thread....no matter how you turn it...and that you also agree to the false premise what he has said was completely wrong..........
Well, knickers would have been the best case scenario. Anyway, it ain't BS to say that Buffet didn't make a fortune by looking at a week or two weeks worth of information. Heck, he has invested billions since the stock market crash of 2008. What do you think he was looking at?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times
well possibly price to earnings ratios.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Well, knickers would have been the best case scenario. Anyway, it ain't BS to say that Buffet didn't make a fortune by looking at a week or two weeks worth of information. Heck, he has invested billions since the stock market crash of 2008. What do you think he was looking at?
More than 1 day, just like you said....last time the stock market jumped, I did not see everyone running around going the economy is booming...unlike this thread basaed on a SINGLE day of the market rising..........

So again, glad to see you agree this is a BS thread...

Yea, the grammer police....yea hawwwwwwwwwwwwww.....need to look at your posting again, before you start talking about others posting....

Old 12-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
More than 1 day, just like you said....last time the stock market jumped, I did not see everyone running around going the economy is booming...unlike this thread basaed on a SINGLE day of the market rising..........

So again, glad to see you agree this is a BS thread...

Yea, the grammer police....yea hawwwwwwwwwwwwww.....need to look at your posting again, before you start talking about others posting....
I choose not to dwell in day to day fluctuations. You will rarely see me debate in threads dedicated to such (conservatives celebrating decline and liberals celebrating an uptick), unless we consider the bigger, long term, picture. It is why I found it amusing that someone would dismiss the fact where the overall trend of the stock market, and present an excuse of it doing poorly a week or two weeks ago.

BTW, that would be "grammar", since you brought up such "policing".

Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I choose not to dwell in day to day fluctuations. You will rarely see me debate in threads dedicated to such (conservatives celebrating decline and liberals celebrating an uptick), unless we consider the bigger, long term, picture. It is why I found it amusing that someone would dismiss the fact where the overall trend of the stock market, and present an excuse of it doing poorly a week or two weeks ago.
Then why are you even defending this stupid thread....or westcobb?

Quote:
BTW, that would be "grammar", since you brought up such "policing".
Yep, got ya............way to go............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies