Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Failed attempt.
Perfect example of WILFUL IGNORANCE.

If I tell you I saw an animal with the head of a donkey, has 200 feet, talks like a human, would you believe it?

You would ask for proof BECAUSE I claimed something existis.

Furthermore, it would be stupid of me to ask you to prove that it does not exist.

Burden of proof is on the person claiming something exists.

(Unless, of course, the person is simply BS-ing and hoping to get 'brownine points' from the lord for his 'fight'.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Perfect example of WILFUL IGNORANCE.

If I tell you I saw an animal with the head of a donkey, has 200 feet, talks like a human, would you believe it?

You would ask for proof BECAUSE I claimed something exists.

Furthermore, it would be stupid of me to ask you to prove that it does not exist.

Burden of proof is on the person claiming something exists.

(Unless, of course, the person is simply BS-ing and hoping to get 'brownine points' from the lord for his 'fight'.)

Just more atheists babble. I just happened on an atheists site that was talking about "can we prove the bible wrong?" Guess what? Not a damn one could claim that the bible was wrong. It is useless for me to continue an argument with people that cannot back up what they say. I am never going to get a sensible answer here, just a lot of deflection and twisting facts around. At least the atheists at that site had enough honesty to admit the fact that they could not prove the bible wrong.

Believe what you want but you are still sitting there trying to figure if you are right or wrong. You better hope that you are. Good luck.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Just more atheists babble. I just happened on an atheists site that was talking about "can we prove the bible wrong?" Guess what? Not a damn one could claim that the bible was wrong. It is useless for me to continue an argument with people that cannot back up what they say. I am never going to get a sensible answer here, just a lot of deflection and twisting facts around. At least the atheists at that site had enough honesty to admit the fact that they could not prove the bible wrong.

Believe what you want but you are still sitting there trying to figure if you are right or wrong. You better hope that you are. Good luck.
So now instead of asking me to 'disprove god' you are asking me to disporve the bible? What next, I ask you to disprove quran is not the word of god? How do you know gita is not the word of god? Anyway, good luck to you too.

[ hint: it is called 'faith' for a reason. Next time, just say you believe in something and that is ok by me. You guys get caught and start tapdancing when you start to apply BS logic like 'disprove god']

Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But a trip to a mosque where the girls are segregated and the boys partake in the ceremony is A-OK by you ?
Did I say it was?

Quote:
A box of Bibles in the hall has nothing on that "field trip".
I don't know about your hypothetical field trip. Not many facts in your scenario.

Based on the information that has been provided so far, I find the Bible distribution in the public schools to be disturbing, absent some kind of independent secular purpose for it.

They are there to proselytize, obviously. What other reasons do you think a judge is going to believe?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:

At least try to tell plausible stories about your Internet escapades.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
At least try to tell plausible stories about your Internet escapades.

Try google you may be intelligent enough to find it yourself.
BTW can you prove it false???

Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Meh. I don't see this as a violation, since the kids had the option to pick it up, etc. Though it would be interesting to see how the Christian parents would react to non-Christian literature being made available in the same way.
You mean like distributing copies of Enuma elish available?

That would be a disaster. I'm sure some really smart kids would make the connection between the 7 Tablets of Creation and the 7 Days of Creation.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Try google you may be intelligent enough to find it yourself.
BTW can you prove it false???
The burden is not on me, I'm not the one making the assertion.

I find your account...hard to believe.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
The thing is, this is a country established by a Christian people,

Well, the thing is, Christian people were established by Jewish people... So in your little world, shouldn't we have the ultimate say?

Let's give out old Testaments and chant prayers in unison in Hebrew. Fine with you, right?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Well, the thing is, Christian people were established by Jewish people... So in your little world, shouldn't we have the ultimate say?

Let's give out old Testaments and chant prayers in unison in Hebrew. Fine with you, right?
We'd probably be better off.

And I'm not even Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies