Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,504,225 times

Advertisements

A strawman counter-attack liberal differences on Republican positions on issues. The video is well on the side of absurd, and it's sparked (obviously) some lively youtube debate. But YouTube doesn't offer the necessary space for coherent and thoughtful discussion, and we all know City Data has plenty of that

Enjoy (or not) the following ridiculousness.

A VOTERS' GUIDE TO REPUBLICANS - YouTube

/Discuss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
A strawman counter-attack liberal differences on Republican positions on issues. The video is well on the side of absurd, and it's sparked (obviously) some lively youtube debate. But YouTube doesn't offer the necessary space for coherent and thoughtful discussion, and we all know City Data has plenty of that

/Discuss
A very good, well-done and truthful video.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Excellent video, truthful and within 30 posts will have every name under the Sun used against it

Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

/Discuss
Ah yes, Bill Whittle. Back in the day, I used to know his friends and let me tell you, after truly getting to know them, that was probably the beginning of the end of my desire to be associated with Republicans any more.

What I knew a Republican to be, a TRUE conservative, was not what these people were.

Many glorify Whittle and hang on to his every word especially when he wrote long ass posts on his site Eject!Eject!Eject! He's a smart man, there's no denying that but I know the people he is acquaintances/friends with through the "blogosphere" and let me tell you, every possible stereotype of a Republican you can think of, they fit that mold.

So I stopped speaking to these idiots and my blood pressure went back down. But then, this year, I started talking to more of these types and have once again realized, those who are calling themselves Republicans these days SAY they want small government, complain about the nanny state, SAY they don't want to support welfare anymore, ACT like they know the Constitution forwards, backwards and upside down but the fact is, they are just a bunch of talk.

These neo-cons, and they ARE neo-cons even if they have been around for 50 years, are all talk and no action. What they say they want is not what they vote they want.

And I've seen these people do absolutely everything that they have accused the left of doing right on down to the name calling and smear campaigns. They are no better than those they hate and yes, they HATE the left.

I don't want to hate anyone on the left or right SIMPLY because they are affiliated with a certain party. I don't want to hate someone just because they are uninformed or because they use the media as their source of "research". I don't want to hate someone just because they agree with war or don't agree with war. I don't want to hate someone because of the color of their skin or their religion or ethnic background. I don't want to hate someone just because they are poor. I don't want to hate someone just because they have had to get a hand out once in their life. (I'm still not all rainbow and happy about welfare queens or kings.) I don't want to hate someone just because they don't agree with every last thing I say.

Unfortunately, those are the types of Republicans I know. Absolute obnoxious, extremist, racist, closed minded **icks.

Is that all Republicans? No.
Is it a lot of them? It seems to be because how is it that I have found every single jacka88ed Republican out there?

Surely people understand that being Liberal or being Republican doesn't mean you have to be an absolute. You can be a little liberal with this and a little conservative with that. You don't HAVE to be ALL or nothing! Unfortunately, the ones I have found, the ones who worship Mr. Whittle, the ones who claim him as a "friend", have had him over for dinner, ARE just like that.

So yah, I watched that video. I heard the words being said and thought, "Wow, you're saying the right things...but I know those who associate themselves with you..."

I stopped watching the video at about 3 minutes in. Sorry but you are known by the company you keep and while he may not actually be in their company, (last I knew he lived in CA and these people I'm talking about were in other states), they are associated and I don't believe a word they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies