Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
You know, this thread has made me wonder why we have gender segregated restrooms at all. What's the point of that, are we not all there to accomplish similar tasks?
If you have to ask you don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 06:02 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Frankly, that is their problem, not mine. I should not have to share a public restroom with an adult whose anatomy does not match the designation on the restroom door.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
If you have to ask you don't get it.
Please do explain it to me, then. Perhaps I'm a bit daft.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:18 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I was just wondering what people think about transgenders being able to use the public bathroom of their choice. So if a woman decides to be a boy, should she get to use the boy's bathroom, or the other way around?
think they should be allowed to go to the nut house!!

Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Please do explain it to me, then. Perhaps I'm a bit daft.
Pehaps you are. And no, I'm not going to write intimate details on a public forum. I think that goes beyond the boundaries of what is good taste.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Frankly, that is their problem, not mine. I should not have to share a public restroom with an adult whose anatomy does not match the designation on the restroom door.
Out of curiosity, how would you know what their public anatomy looks like?

When I was going through chemo, between the baldness/short hair, lack of eyelashes, 50 pound weight gain, and general lack of attention to physical appearance on my bad days, I was regularly mistaken for a man in public.

How would you know what gender the person "really" was? The nerve..

Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Exactly. I wonder if some of these posters ever ponder how many gay men they have stood alongside at the urinal... or what they would make of the unisex toilets here in Europe?

Get your biz done and buzz off. No drama.
This has zero to do with gay men...did you read the thread topic?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Pehaps you are. And no, I'm not going to write intimate details on a public forum. I think that goes beyond the boundaries of what is good taste.
I see.

You state a public opinion, intimate that I'm stupid for not getting it, and then refuse to defend your position in any meaningful way. Hell of a case you've made there.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Out of curiosity, how would you know what their public anatomy looks like?

When I was going through chemo, between the baldness/short hair, lack of eyelashes, 50 pound weight gain, and general lack of attention to physical appearance on my bad days, I was regularly mistaken for a man in public.

How would you know what gender the person "really" was? The nerve..
That's the major flaw in their argument. They can't get beyond the literal physical indicators of gender, black and white thinking.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
And what does that have to do with the price of cabbage in St.Louis?

If you think that is going to keep me from whipping some dude's ass really hard that goes in the same restroom as one of my daughters you are crazy.
Oh good. The internet tough guy has arrived

Quote:
I wonder how many many people with "improper" genitalia you've shared a restroom with?

Curious if you think that some TSA-style employees doing genitalia checks outside of public restroom is necessary.

Show Me Your Genitals - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies