Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times

Advertisements

That is not true, Republician here, and i would like for every friend i have who has lost a job under this ADMINISTRATION, and those i do not know. To find a job like the one they have lost, good paying job with benefits, that is the key, not just any job, but one to replace that good job that some i have known! over twenty years, and then boom, gone. That is a crying shame.
Do not ever assume what you think, but do not know for fact. I have many friends who are Dems and Repubs as well, they each want this economy to pick up, in every possible way. Inlcuding jobs.

But in all fairness i know some people who have given up on finding jobs all together, because inspite of what we are hearing, it is actually the people getting out there, and trying to find that good benefit paying job. And they are not out there as what we are hearing.
Any one can find a job, but what kind of job are they going to get to replace the job they had for over 20 years, with good benefits and great pay.

Figure it out, what would so many of you middle aged men do, if all of a sudden, boom, there it is, your now one of the ones without a job. I can tell you this from what i have seen, it is hell on the whole family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 05:06 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,195,632 times
Initial jobless claims fall to 366,000 - Los Angeles Times

Initial claims for unemployment insurance dropped to 366,000 last week, the lowest level since May 2008, in another sign that the job market is making a significant improvement. The new figures released Thursday by the Labor Department showed a drop of 19,000 initial claims from the previous week's adjusted figure of 385,000. The four-week average is 387,750 — below the 400,000 level that economists say is key to cutting into the unemployment rate.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Well with seasonal jobs it is always that way. Talk to me after the holidays are over and then those job stats will be important.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well with seasonal jobs it is always that way. Talk to me after the holidays are over and then those job stats will be important.
Talk about a Negative Nellie! I belive these stats are seasonally adjusted.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:16 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Believe on......

Old 12-20-2011, 05:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes they are seasonally adjusted but using a new filter incorporated in 2010 so comparing before that would be apples to oranges as the adjustment is not the same used year over year.

Also if you have 2 jobs you are counted twice in this report.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:22 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,055,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes I am sorry the economy is improving. I am really getting used to losing money on my investments and would love to continue losing money. You libs are incredibly ignorant to even think that republicans have no interest in seeing the economy improve. My God how stupid can you be? The man at the head does not know how to improve it and that's the problem.
I think all Americans, both Democrats and Republicans, as well as independents, have an interest in seeing the economy recover, if only to spare the nation of having any of the most god-awful bunch of presidential candidates ever to run for office, even come close to the presidency.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,195,632 times
The BLS numbers are indeed seasonally adjusted. A good source for raw non-adjusted is gallup, they show UE at 8.6% too.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Their underemployment chart:

Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,055,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
No it won't..... the way they keep manipulating the actual numbers making up the work force itself, I look for it to come in considerably lower than what it is right now...... can you say ELECTION YEAR Got to make it look like they are doing something positive and give the lib types something to cheer about. They tend to believe about anything the MSM throws out there, even if it's blatantly false ! That's the meaning of being loyal to the king !
Oh okay, so what was the point of not manipulating numbers during the recession? Why even let a recession be declared? It certainly didn't help Democrats, so why didn't this mass conspiracy group act?

Why does the Internet attract so many total nutballs?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The BLS numbers are indeed seasonally adjusted. A good source for raw non-adjusted is gallup, they show UE at 8.6% too.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Their underemployment chart:
Here's a better link..right from the source along with state/sector breakdown. These are unadjusted numbers.

Table 6. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by state and selected industry sector, not seasonally adjusted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies