Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 AM

10,876 posts, read 13,757,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How many times do you need to be told that tax cuts are NOT spending? One would think by now you'd be embarassed for continuing to say the same thing over, and over
Yes it is, we had to get loans from the chinese to pay for it. It doesn't pay for itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Another lie you keep repeating. Where is this $4T in cuts proposal so we can read it?
Try google, it takes all of about 10 seconds

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...deral-deficits

I swear I think some right wing trolls just enjoy getting owned and proven wrong over and over again,..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 06:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Buried at the end of the OP's link is this:

Temporary tax breaks, or tax rebates, do not help the economy," said Brian Wesbury of First Trust Advisors. "The money that is provided in the tax cut must be borrowed from somewhere else. Either way, it is not left in the private sector
Absolutely correct which is what I've been saying here forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Don't feel bad, a lot of lost people never realize it until it hits them in the face. Correction is on the way in Nov.
I agree with you for once mr bob.. Goodbye Obama

Old 12-21-2011, 06:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Yes it is, we had to get loans from the chinese to pay for it. It doesn't pay for itself I swear I think some right wing trolls just enjoy getting owned and proven wrong,..
WRONG.. the revenues INCREASED after the Bush tax cuts were passed..

If you increase revenues, this means LESS borrowing

And if you agree that money needs to be borrowed for deficits, then obviously you oppose this tax cut right, the stimulus bill etc passed by Obama right? ooh wait, no you dont.. Flip flopper? YEP, YES YOU ARE...

Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 AM

1,571 posts, read 1,994,310 times
Quote:
Yes it is, we had to get loans from the chinese to pay for it. It doesn't pay for itself

Try google, it takes all of about 10 seconds

Obama speech: His four-part plan to cut $4 trillion from federal deficits - CSMonitor.com

I swear I think some right wing trolls just enjoy getting owned and proven wrong over and over again,..
You don't remember your recent history very well, do you?
Obama had to get a loan from the Chinese to cover his $7.3 trillion financial package, which included the bailouts of the financial institutions, AND... Executive bonuses, in billions of dollars, after the President stated that "FAILURE SHALL NOT BE REWARDED". And, not even a slap on the wrist.

And, by the time it was over, that $7.3 trillion grew to be well over $8 trillion, and now they're trying to figure out how to tax you to pay the Chinese back. How much of that $8 trillion did you get? How much of your income will they take in order to pay it back? And, it did absolutely nothing for American jobs.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 AM

46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Quote:
I agree, someone has to live on another planet if they think the GOP gives a damn in even the slightest about the american people or a balanced budget.
And when was the last budget passed? Who was in charge all those years?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
In fairness, neither party cares about cutting spending. The Republicans just look sillier on this issue because they posture as if they do.
Then I ask again, why are you starting all these stupid threads?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Don't feel bad, a lot of lost people never realize it until it hits them in the face. Correction is on the way in Nov.
OMG..............Yes bob you are correct....and the first blow for the dems was NOV. of 2010, and all you dems did not even see it....and still do not.....

Yes, bob, NOV is on the way...and so are a lot of dems on the way out...

Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,635,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Well, it looks like the Republicans are wasting no time crashing the economy. I guess the good economic news of the past few weeks was too much for them. Time to start up the old wrecking crew. Thanks Republicans.

Payroll tax deadlock could hit economy - Dec. 20, 2011
Can you already crash what the Democrats crashed?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,849,776 times
I think all the tax cuts should end, they were not needed or even being called for as a major issue when Bush rewarded his owners by giving them. The government needs the revenue and we should do our fair share. The other issues such as Unemployment benefits need to be addressed NOW, if they do not there will be 6 Million American voters tht will be without any means of paying for food, no less their rent or morgage, they will be happy to place the blame where it belongs and that is on the Republicans.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,849,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Can you already crash what the Democrats crashed?
Funny, until the Repubs took the House we had a AAA credit rating and were ensuring that services such as unemployment were not in danger of not being there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies