Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:34 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Many conservatives for many years after OJ were still very angry. But with Blake they just shrugged their shoulders. How could that be? Both used money to get cleared of a crime they probably committed but some how one gets way more anger than the other? Ones lawyers have been hissed at and the others lawyers were given a free pass. I'm showing very clearly that it is the who for conservatives that matter not the what. Casy Anthony same thing. She killed her own child and yet no conservative anger. Conservatives hate OJ more than her. Why?
You attempting to turn two murder cases into a political issue is sickening. I don't recall anyone standing up with a sign around their neck declaring their political affiliation and pontificating on the issue of guilt or innocence of Blake or Anthony. You're reaching hard for this one and it's really quite stupid. Are you truly so polarized as this? Good lord.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
I didn't mention liberals. This is about showing that when it comes to someone black conservatives need no help in mustering all the anger they can. Why is that? Many applauded the restaurant owner who refused to give OJ service but none care where Anthony or Blake eat? Same with bush and Obama. Both spent money yet only when Obama did it was their conservative anger?
No, I mentioned liberals to disprove your point, pathetic though it is.

You are comparing three murderers. One a very glamorous and well-known athlete/celebrity/announcer. The other a minor and largely forgotten celebrity. The last an unknown.

OJ is the more famous, more well known, more notorious case. OJ became a symbol of racial division. Race was introduced as evidence in his trial.

There were hordes of black people dancing and celebrating when OJ beat the rap. Was there anything like that for Blake and Anthony?

Was there?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM

802 posts, read 563,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, I mentioned liberals to disprove your point, pathetic though it is.

You are comparing three murderers. One a very glamorous and well-known athlete/celebrity/announcer. The other a minor and largely forgotten celebrity. The last an unknown.

OJ is the more famous, more well known, more notorious case. OJ became a symbol of racial division. Race was introduced as evidence in his trial.

There were hordes of black people dancing and celebrating when OJ beat the rap. Was there anything like that for Blake and Anthony?

Was there?
They made it about race when they put L.A. Detective Mark Fuhrman on the stand.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
I thought Sammy Davis Jr's version of the original theme song is one of the best TV theme songs ever created. Was Sammy conservative?

Both OJ and Blake got away with murder.

However Robert Blake was a much better actor.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:40 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
You attempting to turn two murder cases into a political issue is sickening. I don't recall anyone standing up with a sign around their neck declaring their political affiliation and pontificating on the issue of guilt or innocence of Blake or Anthony. You're reaching hard for this one and it's really quite stupid. Are you truly so polarized as this? Good lord.
All I want is for conservatives/teapublicans to admit that they get way more angry at situations depending on the persons race. I have seen it in person. If someone says hey did you hear what happened to OJ in prison? Conservatives get all giddy but those same ones cant muster those feelings for Blake and Anthony. But when you say its a racial feeling that makes them feel that way they deny deny deny. Its crazy because it is so obvious.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
They made it about race when they put L.A. Detective Mark Fuhrman on the stand.
Fuhrman is a hero to some conservatives/teapublicans till this very day. They are just beside their selves that anyone would think fuhrman should have made any difference. Also him using the n word should not have mattered at all

Old 12-21-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I thought Sammy Davis Jr's version of the original theme song is one of the best TV theme songs ever created. Was Sammy conservative?

That was one of the differences I guess

Old 12-21-2011, 09:47 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
All I want is for conservatives/teapublicans to admit that they get way more angry at situations depending on the persons race. I have seen it in person. If someone says hey did you hear what happened to OJ in prison? Conservatives get all giddy but those same ones cant muster those feelings for Blake and Anthony. But when you say its a racial feeling that makes them feel that way they deny deny deny. Its crazy because it is so obvious.
Oh you have seen it in person! Well, it must be true then!

Normally your posts are just daft, but in a harmless sort of way. They inspire a chuckle, perhaps a roll of the eyes.

But now you have crossed into outright sleazery.

Some advice: Most people of limited knowledge or modest IQs are still smart enough to know their limitations. I encourage you to find yours.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

Sammy was a huge Nixon supporter. Now it's all coming into focus...you bet it is....

By the same token, many a night I have lain awake wondering why libs let OJ Simpson off the hook while being so quick to condemn Richard Blake.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Why is that. No anger. They never bring it up. No cries for justice. Please help me to understand?
Did you rejoice and fall down on your knees praising the Lord when Robert Blake was acquitted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies