Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:47 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,213,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How come you haven't been following Iowa well enough to know Ron Paul is leading? Pay attention.
Wasn't Herman Cain leading at one point? How well did that turn out for him? Polls don't count, delegates count, and in the last election Paul got 1%. I think he'll do better this time, perhaps maybe even 5 times better, which leaves him at in the single digits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 12:48 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,474,114 times
Was going ok till everyone found out he was getting more azz then a toilet seat.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:55 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
The black community has a major issue with self-awareness. Even when it is brought to their attention by well known blacks, many refuse to acknowledge that it is their own mentallity that precipitates their ability to move forward.

The reason is quite simple. Its because it calls for an ethical transformation that requires getting a job. Being a father. Being a productive member of their community. Instead of opting for excuses and tired bigited remarks towards those black individuals who make their inroads in life through hard work and dedication. So its real simple, if you don't like Ron Paul.....don't vote for him. But it isn't Ron Paul who is "keeping the black man down".
Uh...what makes you an expert on black "self awareness?" You had lunch with a black dude today or something?

As for the rest of that tripe you typed, PLEASE! You don't know what the hell you're talking about, and you're in no position to lecture me about anything concerning the black community. You're projecting. Try making something of your own life for a change and go find someone else to preach to.

And i'm not voting for Ron Paul..don't worry.

BTW...please find the post where i said Ron Paul is "keeping the black man down."

Old 12-21-2011, 01:01 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,213,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh...what makes you an expert on black "self awareness?" You had lunch with a black dude today or something?
Considering he created this thread, I seriously doubt it

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ist-party.html

Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,520,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
You are just to easy to disarm.
Such a sweet kid!!
Still waiting for your answer? Am I lying?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's only one plantation. Blacks are still on it. Trust me. I went to a black forum and the amount of ignorance regarding politics and the HISTORY of the parties is astonishing. There's some who are slowly coming out of the generations of brainwash. But they are few and far between. I said it once, and I will say it again. Black people are their own worst enemy. Period. Nobody else is doing as much damage to black people as other blacks.

I never said I was nor did I act like it. Unfortunately, I have to repeatedly state that I'm a black republican to clear up misunderstandings and false accusations.
I'm a black Democrat. What plantation am i on that you AREN'T on? The only difference between you and me is that the line is shorter on your side of the aisle, and that's only because there are less of us over there. The novelty will wear off eventually.

This is the one problem that i have with SOME black Republicans.....some of you love your people, but a lot of you hate your own people, and it manifests itself in the things that you say. I'm not sure what camp you fall in, but i have my suspicions.

All that said, i can appreciate the fact that you're black and you've found a home on that side of the aisle. Nothing wrong with it. But being a black conservative doesn't put you in a position to tell me about the condition of black folks and what we need to do to get out of it.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,895,631 times
The "War on Drugs" is reason enough for every single urban black person to support Ron Paul. America has 5% of the World's Population, yet 25% of the World's Prison Population.

Only:
-7.9% of sentenced prisoners in federal prisons on September 30, 2009 were in for violent crimes
-52.4% of sentenced prisoners in state prisons at year end 2008 were in for violent crimes
-21.6% of convicted inmates in jails in 2002 (latest available data by type of offense) were in for violent crimes.

-70% of Prisoners are Non-Whites, which correctly shows that "The War on Drugs" is a racist war. Black men especially, are disproportianately targeted and stripped of basic citizen rights from an early age.
I know many will say "well don't sell drugs". If you have never lived in an impoverished urban area than you do not understand the huge and growing underground drug economy. There are simply not any jobs in these areas and drugs are a hot commodity and easy sell.

White teens from the suburbs, College kids (and others) that drive into these areas and pay a premium price are not effected by "The War on Drugs". In the slim chance that they are, most can afford to hire lawyers to represent them in a confusing and unjust system. Most will get away with community service, have their records expunged and move on with their life. Our poorest members of society do not have that option.

I suppose because currently, corporations are raking in the profit of addiction, the current and real drug problem is marganalized.

"Drug death rates are currently more than twice what they were during the peak years of crack cocaine mortality in the early 1990s, and four to five times higher than the rates during the year of heroin mortality peak in 1975".
Legal drugs are to blame. http://www.alternet.org/drugs/80448/...en%2C_resizeMe

Where is the outrage? Why isn't there a "War on Pharmaceutical Companies"?
When crack-cocaine use was in its peak years, entire cities were destroyed via mass imprisonment, breakdown of families, increased dependance on the government, the non-sensical 100-1 Crack-Cocaine sentencing rule.

End all Wars and Restore America!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EupRuxwuMLE

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-21-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The "War on Drugs" is reason enough for every single urban black person to support Ron Paul. America has 5% of the World's Population, yet 25% of the World's Prison Population.

-70% of Prisoners are Non-Whites, which correctly shows that "The War on Drugs" is a racist war. Black men especially, are disproportianately targeted and stripped of basic citizen rights from an early age.

I know many will say "well don't sell drugs". If you have never lived in an impoverished urban area than you do not understand the huge and growing underground drug economy. There are simply not any jobs in these areas and drugs are a hot commodity and easy sell.

White teens from the suburbs, College kids (and others) that drive into these areas and pay a premium price are not effected by "The War on Drugs". In the slim chance that they are, most can afford to hire lawyers to represent them in a confusing and unjust system. Most will get away with community service, have their records expunged and move on with their life.

I suppose because currently, corporations are raking in the profit of addiction, the current and real drug problem is marganalized.

"Drug death rates are currently more than twice what they were during the peak years of crack cocaine mortality in the early 1990s, and four to five times higher than the rates during the year of heroin mortality peak in 1975". Legal drugs are to blame.

Where is the outrage? When crack-cocaine use was in its peak years, entire cities were destroyed via mass imprisonment, breakdown of families, increased dependance on the government, the non-sensical 100-1 Crack-Cocaine sentencing rule.

You make too much sense.....so at least three people in here will not even read your post.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,520,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

White teens from the suburbs, College kids (and others) that drive into these areas and pay a premium price are not effected by "The War on Drugs". In the slim chance that they are, most can afford to hire lawyers to represent them in a confusing and unjust system. Most will get away with community service, have their records expunged and move on with their life. Our poorest members of society do not have that option.

"Drug death rates are currently more than twice what they were during the peak years of crack cocaine mortality in the early 1990s, and four to five times higher than the rates during the year of heroin mortality peak in 1975". Legal drugs are to blame.

Where is the outrage? When crack-cocaine use was in its peak years, entire cities were destroyed via mass imprisonment, breakdown of families, increased dependance on the government, the non-sensical 100-1 Crack-Cocaine sentencing rule.

He will not do that. He talks a good game but how will get his party to go along with that. They love throwing young black men in jail for stupid drug selling yet I can sale liquor all day long and its no problem.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,017,671 times
Never met a Black Ron Paul supporter.
There are many Traditional Black Republicans.... I've seen many, including my self.

Black Republicans who support Ron Paul? Well that's a new one. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen anyone who isn't white support Ron Paul. (Asian, Latino, etc).

hmm.
If there are any, you are entitled to your opinion.
I never was a Paul fan. I was against this guy WAY before this news came out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies