Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
They had both houses of Congress and the presidency for two years. They could have done ANYTHING they wanted. They chose to follow the terrible practices of the Bush administration. They did nothing good for the country during those two years and are now complaining about it.

And we now have a Democrat president, who pormised us Hope n' Change, and we got a downright negative, spiraling down the river economy. What part of good is this.

And the years he has served us are no better then anything we have known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?
LOL

We saw what he was all about when his party had dictatorial control of both houses of congress, the republicans were completely incapable of obstructing Obama for the first two years.

In those first two years, we saw Obama run up trillions in debt, went against the will of the people, with closed door, secret meeting, only to ram thousands and thousands of pages of bad, unpopular, legislation down our throats. Obama and the democrats gave the people no time to read, much less comprehend the length and breadth of the newly proposed laws and regulations. As soon as they were passed they had to be amended and waivers given out to ignore the laws, or destroy businesses.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:18 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Is this thread subject a joke?! Serious, not being a smart-aleck, here.

What success? BO has not brought anything but failure behind him. He's bankrupting our nation, Obamacare was designed clearly to do just that, as clinics and hospitals close. On the island he claims as his birthplace two St. Francis hospitals are closing within weeks from now and making another, more than 900 medicalcare workers unemployed!

A dear friend's father that's a very experienced RN was just layed off because of a medical facility closure in Michigan. It's all thanks to problems within the first allottment of Obamacare.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
An excellent question, A_Lexus. I'll be curious to read what these Republicans have to say for themselves. As always, great thread!
No, more like, "As always, an irrational thread."

Old 12-21-2011, 10:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?
Successful people of color fly in the face of the notion of White superiority. Anything and anyone who is seen as a threat to that "notion" automatically becomes either

1) a target (ie President Obama)
2) a token (ie Herman Cain, Michael Steele)

....but never an "equal".

Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
What I want to know is, what exactly has Obama done different than Bush? As far as I can see, he continued most of the same failed policies.
  1. Patriot Act (and now, NDAA)
  2. TSA
  3. Warrantless wiretapping
  4. Illegal wars (not only that, he started new wars)
  5. Guantanamo Bay
  6. Big expansion of government
  7. Reckless spending
  8. Expanded drone attacks
  9. Continued bailouts
  10. Torture of detainees
  11. Expanded the police state
  12. Continued the war on drugs

Obama completely betrayed key progressive principles like protection of civil/personal liberties and opposition to wars. If you are a true liberal and you still support Obama, you should be ashamed of yourself. Just because he has a 'D' behind his name doesn't make him a liberal or progressive. Obama is the second coming of Bush, and if you don't think so, you have your head in the sand. Oh, and for heaven's sake, don't come up with the clichéd argument "Oh, but if was a Republican it could have been worse!".

Disclosure: I voted and campaigned for Obama in 2008 because I got sick of Bush. But I have learned a LOT since then, especially the 2 party scam that we have here, and now support Ron Paul with pride.
Warrantless wiretapping was also done in the Clinton administration.

And there were no "illegal" wars during the Bush administration.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Is this thread subject a joke?! Serious, not being a smart-aleck, here.

What success? BO has not brought anything but failure behind him. He's bankrupting our nation, Obamacare was designed clearly to do just that, as clinics and hospitals close. On the island he claims as his birthplace two St. Francis hospitals are closing within weeks from now and making another, more than 900 medicalcare workers unemployed!

A dear friend's father that's a very experienced RN was just layed off because of a medical facility closure in Michigan. It's all thanks to problems within the first allottment of Obamacare.

You just said it all in a nutshell, and what true statements. What success. This is anything but a bubbling bursting thriving economy. Can't say it is when people know first hand that it ain't and that ain't no lie!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:51 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I distictly remember a series of filibusters.

The whole problem was I think that Obama and the democrats should have just ripped those GOPers a new one and rammed through whatever legislation they wanted to. They tried too hard to be nice guys and you know what they say about nice guys, they finish last.

I know you guys probably don't really care but, take a look at what a Canadian Prime Minister does when he gets a majority government. The only thing that stops him from doing whatever he wants is the constitution and the supreme court. That's the way I like it actually even if it's a freakin ultra conservative like we have right now. I'm far, far far to the left of our present government but the people voted them into power and in my opinion that should allow them to do just what they said they were going to. You know what? If whatever they do turns out to be a failure then they won't be the freakin government next time around. It's that simple. I think a great deal of the obstructionist tactics of the GOP are because they fear the policies will succeed and that I call TREASON with a capital T. It's been very obvious for a long time that these people just don't care a whit about their country when it comes to a showdown between what is good for America vs what is good for their very narrow and selfish interests. It seems they would rather see the country go down the tubes rather than see a Democrat solve any problem at all. It's so frustrating as a foreigner who has always had a great regard for the American people see these yahoos destroying the USA bit by bit by bit.

1. you remember incorrectly, in fact at one point they had a fillibuster proof senate.

2. they DID ram through everything they wanted, which is what brings us here.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:51 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:

Michelle, is that you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies