Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?
Repuglicans, represent the affluent, wealthy, rich job creators-ahem, fear their day is coming in the form of letting the corporate welfare ride to come to an end (tax breaks 10 years) which really have not benefitted anyone, except the ones receiving the tax breaks.

It's funny when the right says they want to end social programs or cut those back, whilst the so called job creators are still sucklings from the government.

I for one am without a clue as to Mitch McConnell's one term president remarks though, I'm thinking the man doesn't like having a black president.

If Obama is re-elected, I think we can plan on 4 more years of obstructionism, unless people vote democrat and turn the house to a dem majority, and keep senate seats to dems..

so in short, we have corporate greed and corporate sucklings.

Obama is their worst enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 12:20 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Repuglicans, represent the affluent, wealthy, rich job creators-ahem, fear their day is coming in the form of letting the corporate welfare ride to come to an end (tax breaks 10 years) which really have not benefitted anyone, except the ones receiving the tax breaks.

It's funny when the right says they want to end social programs or cut those back, whilst the so called job creators are still sucklings from the government.

I for one am without a clue as to Mitch McConnell's one term president remarks though, I'm thinking the man doesn't like having a black president.

If Obama is re-elected, I think we can plan on 4 more years of obstructionism, unless people vote democrat and turn the house to a dem majority, and keep senate seats to dems..

WOW, still throwing the race card around. How shameful....really....

Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

We could have had a black president either way but the lame-brains wouldn't support Herman Cain who actually knows something about how businesses are run and how job creation happens.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We could have had a black president either way but the lame-brains wouldn't support Herman Cain who actually knows something about how businesses are run and how job creation happens.
yeah, I liked herman's plan 999

I sort of liked Michael Steele, but the republicans didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW, still throwing the race card around. How shameful....really....
Maybe you know McConnell well enough to answer for him?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:

I sort of liked Michael Steele, but the republicans didn't.

Maybe you know McConnell well enough to answer for him?

Do you know McConnell enough to make that statement for him?

Well, you said it....not McConnell....so my comment was directed to only you.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you know McConnell enough to make that statement for him?

Well, you said it....not McConnell....so my comment was directed to only you.

I didn't make a statement FOR him, those are his own words. I cannot speak for him.
and his reason, for the economy? no, and not, anyone who believes that should pinch themselves and snap out of it.

McConnell's "Single Most Important" goal: Defeat Obama - YouTube

Old 09-22-2012, 02:36 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
What success?

Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
That would be better than Obama's 816 plan.
(8+% unemployment and a $16 trillion debt.)

Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?

Chris?
Chris Matthews is that you?

Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
They fear him, and/or his success, because he's a black man. Nothing scares a WASP more than a powerful black man.

Bull!
Mighty racist sounding of you to say though.

OK, maybe the fear of his success in obliterating the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies