Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:58 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times

Advertisements

Pgquest, you are WRONG YET AGAIN. Start by rereading my post. I said the gop was attempting to prevent environment review. FYI, issuing the EIS did not end the environment impact study. There were public hearings held and new concerns were raised during those hearings. New routes around sensitive area, that would require amended studies, are being discussed.

the state department website is dated. Even this article is dated, but does show you are living in the past.

“It is reasonable to expect that this process including a public comment period on a supplement to the final [Environmental Impact Statement] consistent with [the National Environmental Policy Act] could be completed as early as the first quarter of 2013,” the announcement said.

http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/do...eline-20111110

NationalJournal.com - Keystone XL Pipeline: Just the Facts - Friday, December 9, 2011

YOU BE WRONG, AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
No. The one that would shortcircuit the environmental review of the project. By your standard we could save a lot of lead shielding in the nuclear industry.

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-22-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Yes, but what ELSE did that 1 year bill have piggybacked onto it, hmmmm? The "media"- ALL of them left and right, and folks like you, fail to mention the ENTIRE contents of each bill.

I say they should pass the 2 month extension and go home to enjoy the Holidays along with the large lumps of coal they will find in their stockings- some from constituents and some from the "clean" coal lobbyists. They can hash out the rest of the pork in 2012.
It had 1 year extension to unemployment benefits, expedited the pipeline from canada, (create jobs), fixed medicare/medicaid for 2 years, and cut spending to pay for the tax cut.

The 2 month extension is useless, meaning that we will be in the same place as now, in 60 more days.

So instead of congress getting some real work done, they will be back to bickering.

BTW, if you make 50k a year, the 2% cut means about 20$ per week more in your check, a total of 167$ for the 60 days.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean the pipeline which would have lowered the price of fuel and created tens of thousands of jobs?

Yeah, that sounds just horrible, doesnt it?
Remember when Obama said, many times, "I will focus like a laser on jobs"? And didn't Biden say the same thing?

I guess his laser must be broken.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Remember when Obama said, many times, "I will focus like a laser on jobs"? And didn't Biden say the same thing?

I guess his laser must be broken.
as if Obama can write laws. the GOP house has yet to produce one jobs bill for Obama to sign.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Pgquest, you are WRONG YET AGAIN. Start by rereading my post. I said the gop was attempting to prevent environment review.
And you would be lying. Simply repeating yourself simply means you're wrong twice
Quote:
FYI, issuing the EIS did not end the environment impact study. There were public hearings held and new concerns were raised during those hearings. New routes around sensitive area, that would require amended studies, are being discussed.
Then why does the government call their findings a FINAL REPORT?
Quote:
the state department website is dated. Even this article is dated, but does show you are living in the past.
Reports arent dated.. Try again
Quote:
“It is reasonable to expect that this process including a public comment period on a supplement to the final [Environmental Impact Statement] consistent with [the National Environmental Policy Act] could be completed as early as the first quarter of 2013,†the announcement said.
No **** shirlock holmes. They always have public comment periods. Its just a repeat of what they JUST DID and MORE DELAYS. Thanks for proving the incompetence of the Obama administration once again

Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
as if Obama can write laws. the GOP house has yet to produce one jobs bill for Obama to sign.
LIE, there is 290 jobs sitting in the Senate.. waiting for DEMOCRATS to sign them

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM

clearly, you didn't read EITHER of the links i provided, they refer to an amended EIS review of any alternate routes.

for all your double talk you failed to square what you are saying with the quote from the first link, that does prove you are wrong. here it is again, direct from the citation you didn't bother to read.
Quote:
“It is reasonable to expect that this process including a public comment period on a supplement to the final [Environmental Impact Statement] consistent with [the National Environmental Policy Act] could be completed as early as the first quarter of 2013,” the announcement said.
might try reading source material before you call someone a liar.

Any rerouting of the mainline would require new Environmental study of that new route (and you and the GOP know that) and that is why the GOP wishes to pull an end-around to by pass that process.

you might try reading your own link, too. it explains in the timeline, in YOUR link, that the issuance of the FINAL report is followed by public hearings (6 if I recall, with the final one in DC). After those hearings the process Environmental wise can take several directions. The direction it looks like it is headed, was to look at new routes that didn't impact that aquifer or the wetlands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And you would be lying. Simply repeating yourself simply means you're wrong twice

Then why does the government call their findings a FINAL REPORT?

Reports arent dated.. Try again

No **** shirlock holmes. They always have public comment periods. Its just a repeat of what they JUST DID and MORE DELAYS. Thanks for proving the incompetence of the Obama administration once again
i said your link is dated, read for comprehension.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
True, the tea party ran in 2010 as "Job creation is #1" though have created none. Their idea of creating jobs is to give even more handouts to the rich and big corporations.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
True, the tea party ran in 2010 as "Job creation is #1" though have created none. Their idea of creating jobs is to give even more handouts to the rich and big corporations.
Sure, trickle down has been such an utter failure, why shouldn't the teabaggers try more of it? They sure don't have the health of our country in mind.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
might try reading source material before you call someone a liar.

Any rerouting of the mainline would require new Environmental study of that new route (and you and the GOP know that) and that is why the GOP wishes to pull an end-around to by pass that process.

you might try reading your own link, too. it explains in the timeline, in YOUR link, that the issuance of the FINAL report is followed by public hearings (6 if I recall, with the final one in DC). After those hearings the process Environmental wise can take several directions. The direction it looks like it is headed, was to look at new routes that didn't impact that aquifer or the wetlands.

i said your link is dated, read for comprehension.
Actually, when Keystone XL began the initial planning stages all the different routes were studied. While the re-route will take time in regards to procuring the ROW, the environmental impacts, etc. are already done. When we were in Nebraska in 2007 building the original line, XL was already in the study stages. The studies are done... This is purely an attempt to keep two traditional democratic supporters happy and paying those campaign contributions.

I make no bones about it... I'm for the pipeline.. It's time for a concrete decision. It's either yes.. or no. It's time for Obama to man up one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies