Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 PM

416 posts, read 637,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
voluntary charity is one thing...in fact, I have given to others MANY times in my life and I feel good about it. But for anyone to say that the GOVERNMENT should use tax dollars to hand out payments to people and get nothing in return is simply ludicrous.

There is nothing wrong with people getting welfare and working for it...If anything takes away 'dignity', it is receiving something for NOTHING. Where is the sense of accomplishment? Where is the sense of making your own way?? How can people feel good about having their neighbors pay their way involuntarily??

Dignity is getting a handout?? What the hell school of common sense did you attend??
those needed extra tax dollars will go to fund the largest government spending programs:

retirees and defense

wonder where all that Iraqi oil money went too? up in smoke like the WMD's and the Iraq-al quada connection....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
There isn't anything to 'GET' about maher other than he is a rude, a-hole.

Imagine if a comedian (self proclaimed in maher's case) made this comment...Michelle Obama's kid...now someone tell me that this is not a product of incest....Can you imagine the firestorm that would have been made?? Yet you *******s thought it was simply hilarious when he made a similar comment about Palin's down syndrome kid!!

If another person had said something like that about the obama's...you *******s would be wanting them arrested...exiled...or executed. You sure as hell wouldn't be saying... 'Well...you just don't 'get' him'

And you wonder why conservatives laugh at you for your all encompassing hypocrisy??

instead conservatives cheered when the unwed teen mom came on stage. great parenting and great example.

neither of them are right. go figure...another moderate voice drowned out by all the screaming from the left and right

Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. I am incapable of appreciating satire, as I am obtuse. Satire is subtle and entertaining. Hateful, predictable rhetoric is not. This is not satire, it is a mean spirited, predictable diatribe by a man who hates Christianity, yet cannot understand the irony for his lack of condemnation of Islam and totalitarianism. I hope that you can appreciate that.

I am intrigued by the dull witted who "appreciate" Maher's humor, as it is just as subtle as "The Three Stooges". It is not intelligent, clever, or insightful at all. I guess for those who like physical humor, it is probably entertaining. I, for one, have never found Chevy Chase tripping to be funny, nor is Bill Maher funny. Even though he is a lib, John Stewart is actually entertaining, as he is more understated and clever.

Again, I wonder if Maher will start a routine about Mohammed at Rhamadan? Of course not. That would be offensive.
he shies away from attacking islam like all media outlets because a fatwa will be issued calling for his head.

even southpark edited their episode and they make fun of all faiths...til then

Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Maher is such a hateful lib that he is predictable and never funny. He has an arrogant air of superiority, but clearly lacks higher intelligence. That characteristic is typical of liberals, which makes them look ridiculous.

I wonder why Maher never attacks Islam? Could it be that he supports honor killings, stonings of women, executions of gays, and suppression of free speech? Probably.
When the greedy, intolerant, selfish, narrow-minded, radical right extremists smear Maher I appreciate his humor even more.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:49 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Bill Maher's fans know he is a comic and they also know he really gets under the skin of righties, that's part of the fun in listening to him. We all know most of it is BS but the righties fall for it every time.
He got to them in this thread as expected.
Righties are so easy, that's why they believe everything that that hear on FOX which lefties know is the same as the BS that comes out of MSNBC
Righties are so easy to fool that's why you find so many of them in the same place every Sunday morning.
Probably because Maher takes a look behind the Righties' masks and exposes them for cold , greedy, selfish people they are.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Bill Maher's fans know he is a comic and they also know he really gets under the skin of righties, that's part of the fun in listening to him. We all know most of it is BS but the righties fall for it every time.
He got to them in this thread as expected.
Righties are so easy, that's why they believe everything that that hear on FOX which lefties know is the same as the BS that comes out of MSNBC
Righties are so easy to fool that's why you find so many of them in the same place every Sunday morning.
Maher's been riding the same joke for a decade; he's a mean-spirited, left-wing Larry the Cable Guy. Nonetheless, his fans consider him to be a brilliant satirist.

Who again are the easy ones to fool?

Old 12-22-2011, 01:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
Can you post me an example of Maher railing on Muslims during Rhamadan?
You've already been owned. Take your medicine like a big boy and go away.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
he shies away from attacking islam like all media outlets because a fatwa will be issued calling for his head.

even southpark edited their episode and they make fun of all faiths...til then
What part of the information about him being against Islam did you not read. Or are you just going to buy hawkeye's misinformation? Probably. Now you can just go get all spitting mad with hawkeye for being wrong.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:45 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
When the greedy, intolerant, selfish, narrow-minded, radical right extremists smear Maher I appreciate his humor even more.
I am afraid that those adjectives apply more to liberals-

1. greedy. They will not send additional tax revenues to the feds to support all the programs they want. In addition, liberals donate little to charity relative to conservatives. They are generous with other people's money, not thier own.

2. Intolerant- liberals will send throngs to "shout down" any speaker they disagree with. Liberals hate free speech (unless it agrees with thier views). Otherwise, libs are completely intolerant of any dissenting opinion.

3. Selfish- libs will not take in illegal immigrants or homeless people, despite asking the rest of the population to pay for them, as they are selfish and are more concerned with themselves. Again, this is reflected in thier limited donations to charity.

4. Narrow minded- Libs will not listen to any new information or reason when formulating an opinion. If this was not so, they would no longer prefer Obama, who has had a dismal record. However, the narrow minded liberal embraces him.

PS- Bill Maher is not funny. He is an a*shole.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Maher's been riding the same joke for a decade; he's a mean-spirited, left-wing Larry the Cable Guy. Nonetheless, his fans consider him to be a brilliant satirist.

Who again are the easy ones to fool?

Maher's problem is religion, myself I could less about religion it doesn't play a factor in my life, but he preaches tolerance toward homosexuals and legalizing weed, which is ok with me, but when it comes to religion he absolutely shreds christians and their beliefs. Maher is a hypocritical doucher, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies