Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've been saying this since Day 1. It took Liberals 3 years to figure it out. And many of them STILL haven't figured it out.

Very sad.
This is typical right wing ignorance. You think if Matt Damon is mad at Obama this somehow confirms your viewpoint or ideology.

I can't stand Obama either and it has nothing to do with your government hating, anti-middle class values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Funny, I thought the Republicans needed the "jewels." If both sides are pissed off, maybe that is good....

As for Damon, he is a smart, handsome bad ass, rich kind of guy, why doesn't he run for Prez? Until then, I am going to put him in my Sean Penn, celebrity blowhard category. He is free to say whatever he want, but next time I see him giving a speech, I think I will go and wash my hair.

Say what you want about Arnold and Ronny, but they stepped onto the field instead of throwing spit balls from the stands.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:10 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Wow, I'm agreeing with Matt Damon?! Never, in a million years, thought that would happen. Guess it did.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
The arrogance of some actors is just overwhelming-do they ever consider we don't give a damn what they think or say? Why do they think their opinions matter???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Funny, I thought the Republicans needed the "jewels." If both sides are pissed off, maybe that is good....

As for Damon, he is a smart, handsome bad ass, rich kind of guy, why doesn't he run for Prez? Until then, I am going to put him in my Sean Penn, celebrity blowhard category. He is free to say whatever he want, but next time I see him giving a speech, I think I will go and wash my hair.

Say what you want about Arnold and Ronny, but they stepped onto the field instead of throwing spit balls from the stands.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
The arrogance of some actors is just overwhelming-do they ever consider we don't give a damn what they think or say? Why do they think their opinions matter???
Yeah, how dare he question the dear leader.

Quite frankly the far left has by far the most recent to be angered over voting in Bush 3.0. However, they really shouldn't complain because they are going to push to help re-elect him anyway.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Who's the real badass here? You tell me.The black guy....orders people's deaths. And guess what? They die. The white guy whines about him not having any balls. Yeah. O.K. Obama isn't some liberal hack. He's KILLED PEOPLE. That face that kisses his wife and hugs his little girls is the face of a guy who has said, "Take him out. Immediately."

Someone tell me how that is not hardcore. That's some Pablo Escobar **** right there, bro.

Here's food for thought. If Obama decided he wanted you gone, guess where you would be. Go ahead. I got time. Guess. It starts with G and ends with one.
WTH is up with refering to them as the white guy and the black guy?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Can I just ask you nicely.....why must you refer to him that way? What is it about his policies that he must be called goon a name never used to describe any President before?
Fail.

bush goon - Google Search

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Can I just ask you nicely.....why must you refer to him that way? What is it about his policies that he must be called goon a name never used to describe any President before?
I have to laugh that in a forum where "teabagger" is used thousands of times you have an issue with "goon". Think about it, people are referring to a political group by the sex act where a man places his balls in the mouth of another person (in case you didn't know what it meant).

I prefer to treat a sitting president with more civility but seriously, you are just another of the extremists around here crying when the rudeness just happens to be turned in the direction of your guy.

P.S. and I even voted for Obama.

Had you been a forum member during the Bush years you would have heard all the gems he was called like bushhole and many many more besides the mundane village idiot, chimp, curious george, duh-byah and many many more.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Its amusing that the right wingers wish Obama were to the extreme left, and more forceful in his ways, as Matt Damon wanted him to be.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Its amusing that the right wingers wish Obama were to the extreme left, and more forceful in his ways, as Matt Damon wanted him to be.
Yeah, there is some serious disconnect here when the same people who are constantly spouting off about what a 'dictator' he is, suddenly agree that he is lacking in that same area. Of course, if Mr. Damon had expressed complete satisfaction with Mr. Obama's tenure, his feelings would have no doubt been ignored by the OP.
Oh, well. I've given up expecting logical thought from some quarters.

As for Mr. Damon - he is as entitled as anyone to voice his opinions on any and everything. I appreciate that he cares about the country he and his family live in and I certainly do agree that the President has allowed himself to be pushed around by both sides of the aisle.
And, his new movie looks absolutely adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies