Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder how often these people collect a paycheck. You know like weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. One says his cable bill is $49 so maybe he gets paid weekly. Here are some of the thousands of stories that have come in to the White House at Obama's request. I wonder what happens after the first 60 days of next year if this law isn't passed again for another 60 days. And then 60 days at a time till at least November.

'Waa, No Pizza Night': Sad Stories Roll In at Request of Obama White House | CNSnews.com
How did this blow up to $40 per paycheck ?

It was $13/week when initially passed. $695/52=$13.36
And that was from the Treasury..little Timmy Geithner himself.

Obama team touts payroll tax cuts
-- An Average Tax Cut of $695 Per Worker: The expected benefit received from the payroll tax cut is an average of $695 per worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 05:39 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,355,764 times
The payroll tax drained 110 billion last year and will drain another 112 billion this year, Hooray for the {D}s for protecting SS.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:39 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,418,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You live of that "government handout" that the GOP wants to destroy. Would you have no income without it? I don't see why you would have such stanch support for a party that essentially hates you.
Yes, a party that wants people to be SELF-SUFFICIENT and SELF- RELIANT hates you Lord forbid we have people who want others to be responsible for themselves and the decisions they make

Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Call it what it is. The money taken from folks check isn't a tax it is funding for their retirement. They scream tax to the heavens and folks say hey don't take more taxes out of my check and start singing the tune. It's not a tax. Now once the liars in DC get hold of it they treat it as tax money and throw it in the general fund whcih they aren't supposed to be doing. It should be going into the lock box like Al Gore said. The only thing that guy ever got right and it's the only thing the left handers won't listen to him about.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:58 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
That 40$$ goes a long way to cover the rise in union dues. A quick check of several states show teachers have to pay around 700 - 800+ $$$ a year and many local unions are raising dues, some to the tune of 5%, the amount many teachers received as a yearly increase.

The cost of food and 'electricity that had to 'skyrocket' in obama's words make the 40 $$ a month payment a money laundering scheme.

Imagine how much the half a billion $$s lost on Solyndra would have gone!

Obama and his team are talking trash and the uninformed souls are buying it.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:25 AM

78,014 posts, read 60,221,209 times
The payroll tax is like complaining about a mosquito on your nose while a 20foot python squeezes you to death.

It's spending folks, if you don't reign that in then all you are doing is devaluing the persons entire salary and then "rescuing" them by giving them 2% more.

<shrug> Government is just playing "pass the buck". They give you more money then blame the fact that higher prices are somebody elses evil doing lol.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 AM

78,014 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
That 40$$ goes a long way to cover the rise in union dues. A quick check of several states show teachers have to pay around 700 - 800+ $$$ a year and many local unions are raising dues, some to the tune of 5%, the amount many teachers received as a yearly increase.

The cost of food and 'electricity that had to 'skyrocket' in obama's words make the 40 $$ a month payment a money laundering scheme.

Imagine how much the half a billion $$s lost on Solyndra would have gone!

Obama and his team are talking trash and the uninformed souls are buying it.
Can we have back all the money we spent on Iraq?

Sorry, but I'm a REAL fiscal conservative so it's really funny how many fake fiscal conservatives actually started to care about spending after the 2008 election.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Call it what it is. The money taken from folks check isn't a tax it is funding for their retirement. They scream tax to the heavens and folks say hey don't take more taxes out of my check and start singing the tune. It's not a tax. Now once the liars in DC get hold of it they treat it as tax money and throw it in the general fund whcih they aren't supposed to be doing. It should be going into the lock box like Al Gore said. The only thing that guy ever got right and it's the only thing the left handers won't listen to him about.
I'd rather have it to fund for my retirement myself.

The government will just waste it like they've wasted the other money they confiscated from me.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:57 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,467,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
A thread making fun of poor families, just the thing to put us in the Christmas spirit. Thanks. Reminds me of the Bill Maher Christmas thread.
While cable--IMO--is an unnecessary expense, I refuse to listen to conservative b*tching about poor people having this and that because most of them wouldn't rest until the poor and lower middle class were living off beans and rice and getting water from the duck pond out back behind the cardboard box they live in. Wait...they'd also b*tch about them having beans too. They have no credibility with me.

I've never seen a group so obsessed with what other people have, then accuse others of doing the same, as the far right.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder how often these people collect a paycheck. You know like weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. One says his cable bill is $49 so maybe he gets paid weekly. Here are some of the thousands of stories that have come in to the White House at Obama's request. I wonder what happens after the first 60 days of next year if this law isn't passed again for another 60 days. And then 60 days at a time till at least November.

'Waa, No Pizza Night': Sad Stories Roll In at Request of Obama White House | CNSnews.com
The $40 a paycheck figure only applies to those making at least $50000 a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies