Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
How about republicans stop loading up bills with policy riders? That will help get past gridlock.
I agree! Some how they forgot that they pledged not to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
....but it would have been "a catastrophe" according to President Obama, if the payroll tax cut went away. Thank goodness we won this battle in the continuing war on future generations.
You know how republicans feel about raising taxes.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Republicans only like it when they are the ones who get to lower the taxes. If someone else is proposing it, then they'll oppose it.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You know how republicans feel about raising taxes.
Quote:
I agree! Some how they forgot that they pledged not to do that.

Obama Promises No Earmarks - YouTube

Short memories...huh....earmarks/policy riders...call them what yuo would like....all the same...

Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Republicans only like it when they are the ones who get to lower the taxes. If someone else is proposing it, then they'll oppose it.
Lets see what ya say in 2 months....

Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Obama and the Dems got your tax cuts extended while the party you solely support wanted your taxes to go up. Now, you can thank the president you immensely despise.
Are you happy that your party and POTUS defunded SS to the tune of 110 billion and counting? You have fell for a gimmick that was implemented to hide our true condition economically and was a boost for consumer spending. Did you see GDP was revised downward and some of the fall was consumer spending was not as strong as predicted. How is this a good idea, tell us?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The president is making such a huge deal out of this, and its nothing more then a reduction to the average person's Social Security contribution, of about $150.

I can't see any logic behind this, why only two months?? All this will do is drain $33 billion from the Social Security program. How the hell is this supposed to benefit the nation? Will it cure what ails the economy, reduce the national debt, restore our AAA credit rating?

Two months does not even make any sense at all. All our businesses are forced to follow the federal government's quarterly tax requirements. What computer tax programs are set up to compute employee tax contributions for two thirds of a quarter?

They could have just made the reduction to our SS contribution permanent, or at least last for the entire year, or not at all; it does fund our Social Security fund after all. I think all this two month extension does is give Obama and the dems another stick to poke us with in February. This way they get to once again be the center of attention.

This is how it works. We will all be going along with our lives, minding our own business, as we try to survive in this Obama economy. Then... in the last couple weeks in February the self absorbed politicians in Washington poke us with their new stick.

Democrat Politician: <poke> Hey!!!

We The People: Ouch! What do you want? I'm working here.

Democrat Politician:
<poke> It's me again, reminding you how all powerful I am. Reminding YOU that I control the life and death of the nation, that I control how much your own money YOU are allowed to keep.

We The People: Why can't you just pass a federal budget, and a freaking tax policy that lasts for the entire year, and then go away???

Democrat Politician: cuz this way we can remind you how much we control you. Awe man, being here poking you again <poke> Is the last place I want to be <wink-wink, nudge-nudge, no what I mean> Because I'm showing how much I care about you. <poke><poke>

Then the dems will attach some obnoxious eramarks and complicated riders to yet another tax code extension, that they know republicans will not support. While the republicans are busy spending hours, trying to explain why they can't go along with the riders on the bill, democrats will have a short, sweet, deceptive message, that they just want to give us all a tax cut <> and those nasty republicans won't give us one. <poke><poke>

They used the fact that Reid refused to pass a federal budget, as a giant stick to poke us with all last year. they love to remind us how great and powerful they are, and play games trying to make the republicans out to be the big meanies in the room. They think the economy, the people, the budget, the tax code, the national debt, are all some kind of a football they can kick around. the sad thing is so many drones are cheer leaders for this kind of politics.
Funny, that is what the republicans did and that is why we didn't get the one year extension so both sides had to settle for 2 months.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Obama and the Dems got your tax cuts extended while the party you solely support wanted your taxes to go up. Now, you can thank the president you immensely despise.
Depends on your tax bracket. You might not know this because your slave masters obfuscated these facts.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Thank you for acknowledging that Republicans have been sticking together when fighting for what's right.
For what they think is right! They don't pay attention to the American people tho.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Funny, that is what the republicans did and that is why we didn't get the one year extension so both sides had to settle for 2 months.
Um, I believe the prez wanted a 1 year extension....but flip flopped, and decided on a 2 month.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies