Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times

Advertisements

Seems like a lot of liberals on CD just can't stand the fact that that 1/2 of a branch of government isn't voting their way. The Congressional elections of 2010 were a landslide for a reason, they were voted to obstruct, obstruct, obstruct and stop Obama's out of control presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Seems like a lot of liberals on CD just can't stand the fact that that 1/2 of a branch of government isn't voting their way. The Congressional elections of 2010 were a landslide for a reason, they were voted to obstruct, obstruct, obstruct and stop Obama's out of control presidency.
Really, they were voted in to obstruct? LOL..Somebody should have told the voters that. Maybe congress wouldn't have a 9% approval. All they're doing with there obstruction is assuring another 4 years of Obama.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Really, they were voted in to obstruct? LOL..Somebody should have told the voters that. Maybe congress wouldn't have a 9% approval. All they're doing with there obstruction is assuring another 4 years of Obama.
Please tell me the cause of such a landslide victory? I'm waiting and remember that 9% approval rating applies to the democratically controled Senate too.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:46 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

They are totalitarians at heart. This is why they praise Castro, Chavez and Marx, while deriding Jefferson. The basis of liberalism lies in tyranny and in the heart of Stalin. Stalin created modern US liberalism, and todays liberals are his bastard children.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
The big picture.

The approval rating for the finance industry is? The confidence of investors is? The disapproval rating for Tea is?

There's something manifestly repugnant with elected officials using public trust to exercise war games inflicted upon the masses of my countrymen, and the whole of humanity. Reporting from rainy occupied WV having a coffee party. And my Pope agrees.

Balance of power? Shooting fish in a barrel is not balanced. It's sociopathic. Good thing Ron Paul is so heavily invested in gold. He's done wonders to inflate it's price into the stratosphere as children in his district are denied food stamps. No problem he'll encourage locals to deport them to a blue state.

Politics, money and medicine... don't seem to mix well without killing folks.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
...and his out of control tax cuts.

And even the other Republicans told Boehner to stop being an ass and just pass the damn bill.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:01 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Please tell me the cause of such a landslide victory? I'm waiting and remember that 9% approval rating applies to the democratically controled Senate too.
So you actually believe voters elected people to go to congress to obstruct. Voters elect officials to make improvements not stifle any and all progress. I've never heard anything that moronic even on CD. Tell me one positive thing the publican congress has done besides watch their approval TANK and deliver Obama a nice campaign feather in his cap.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
If we're talking about hating balance of powers, should we assume you are not OK with Gingrich's comments about judges as well?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
So you actually believe voters elected people to go to congress to obstruct.
Yes.

Quote:
Voters elect officials to make improvements not stifle any and all progress.
Most of America is really tired of Congress helping us to death.

Quote:
I've never heard anything that moronic even on CD.
I have and many of those posts come from your username.

Quote:
Tell me one positive thing the publican congress has done.
Extended the payroll tax cuts.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Because they have no respect for our Constitution, nor do they want to. It goes against all of their aspirations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies