Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: US Citizenship or Canadian Citizenship
US Citizenship 20 58.82%
Canadian Citizenship 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:17 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,660,193 times

Advertisements

This is why Canadian citizenship is better. And I'm a US citizen.

1. Canadian citizens have more access to more social perks(healthcare, education, etc).

2. Canadians are also safer.

3. Canadians can travel to more countries abroad. US citizens can't visit Cuba even North Korea. Not only that but they are not proned to hate. Anti-American sentiments are common across the world.

4. Canadian citizens have better access to social mobility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,563,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Which one has more value? These two citizenships are by far the most valuable in the world. They both offer great perks.
One of my goal is life is to hold dual US & Canadian citizenship. My US Citizenship offers great opportunities and convenience, but there is the ever present danger of Republicans eroding the standard of living making life in America next to unbearable.

I see Canada as a great and stable oasis to escape to when things in America gets too heated. Ideally, I would like to raise my family in Canada and visit America often to shop and enjoy the best that capitalism has to offer then return back to Canada for a more stable and peaceful life buffered by the security of a social-safety net. That way I can have my cake and eat it too.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,616,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yes you can be a dual citizen in America. I have friends who claim a parent from both the US and the UK and they have passports from both countries. No problems.

As for the OP, that is like asking which is better, Godfather Part I or Part II.
Damn good question. Both good movies for totally different reasons. Hard to pick a "best" ... depends on what your'e into. Can we agree that Godfather III is like Mexican citizenship though?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
One of my goal is life is to hold dual US & Canadian citizenship. My US Citizenship offers great opportunities and convenience, but there is the ever present danger of Republicans eroding the standard of living making life in America next to unbearable.

I see Canada as a great and stable oasis to escape to when things in America gets too heated. Ideally, I would like to raise my family in Canada and visit America often to shop and enjoy the best that capitalism has to offer then return back to Canada for a more stable and peaceful life buffered by the security of a social-safety net. That way I can have my cake and eat it too.

Yeah, I would love to live in Toronto.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:34 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,261,757 times
Quote:
Which one has more value? These two citizenships are by far the most valuable in the world. They both offer great perks.
are you serious?

Most valuable citizenship in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swiss_Pass_2006.jpg

Old 12-23-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
are you serious?

Most valuable citizenship in the world:

File:Swiss Pass 2006.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why is it?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,563,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Damn good question. Both good movies for totally different reasons. Hard to pick a "best" ... depends on what your'e into. Can we agree that Godfather III is like Mexican citizenship though?
That's funny.

Quote:
Yeah, I would love to live in Toronto.
Toronto is consistently ranked in the top 3 as one of the most livable cities in the world. It is very clean, well organized, and has a very low crime rate. I visited there two times this year and loved it. I hope to live there one day.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:45 PM

7,795 posts, read 6,366,958 times
Since I already have health insurance and an ice-maker i'll go with US.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,805,875 times
Quote:
This is why Canadian citizenship is better. And I'm a US citizen.

1. Canadian citizens have more access to more social perks(healthcare, education, etc).

2. Canadians are also safer.

3. Canadians can travel to more countries abroad. US citizens can't visit Cuba even North Korea. Not only that but they are not proned to hate. Anti-American sentiments are common across the world.

4. Canadian citizens have better access to social mobility.
The USA has much more to offer than Canada especially if you're an educated person from a third world country.
Those people usually look for opportunities not free stuff.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,261,757 times
Quote:
Why is it?
To hard core travelers, a swiss passport is sometimes joked about as being the 'gold card'. You can travel on it virtually much anywhere on the planet without hassle. Gaining swiss citizenship is much more difficult (even after living their quite some time) compared to american/canadian. The high barrier of entry makes it quite attractive.

Superb health care, quality of life, politically and economically stable, centrally located between eastern and western hemispheres, extremely democratic political structure (at the national level) with most powers decentralized to local cantons, very high educational standards with the opportunity for young kids to easily learn up to four languages (it's just easier to learn multiple languages up to native level proficiency when you are exposed to them due to your national culture).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies