Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 10:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A lot of times, the young males come here by themselves, and live with multiple "roommates" until such time as they can bring their families here. It is a different lifestyle.
So why aren't our American young males doing anything similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- remittance money is separate from the drug cartel's money.

Remittance money to Mexico was way up in 2011, higher than even expected. That's the $800 or so that immigrants have left over each month here that they can send back. All those jobs that many welfare Americans think they are too good to do.
Pretty bold statement, no drug money included in your remittance numbers? Of course you got a vote to prove that. How could anyone know that?, LOL.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 AM

At any rate, it's not sustainable. We've got millions of Americans who think they are too good to have to work. Or they might work if offered a 6 figure job that doesn't require much effort and until then expect to be coddled with many government programs that allow them a high standard of living.

Meanwhile all the work is getting done by immigrants, not just from Mexico, remittances to India in 2011 were also way up, and all these immigrants are managing to do so well on those jobs that Americans won't do that they're sending billions of dollars out of this country every month.

It can't last this way.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Pretty bold statement, no drug money included in your remittance numbers? Of course you got a vote to prove that. How could anyone know that?, LOL.
There may be some but this is money that is reported to the Mexican government, the Bank of Mexico and Western Union. Drug cartels tend to keep their enormous incomes a little more private. But yes, the money going to Mexico from the drug traffickers is quite a lot more than the remittance money, many billions more a month you can bet.

With so much money being spent on recreational drugs though, no one can think Americans are really suffering, more money available for drugs than ever.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
At any rate, it's not sustainable. We've got millions of Americans who think they are too good to have to work. Or they might work if offered a 6 figure job that doesn't require much effort and until then expect to be coddled with many government programs that allow them a high standard of living.

Meanwhile all the work is getting done by immigrants, not just from Mexico, remittances to India in 2011 were also way up, and all these immigrants are managing to do so well on those jobs that Americans won't do that they're sending billions of dollars out of this country every month.

It can't last this way.
Anyone who believes this bit of total nonsense is utterly ignorant of the hardships the poor in this country face every day. Wake up.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
So why aren't our American young males doing anything similar?
The ones that continue to live at home are severely mocked here on CD.

Quote:

It can't last this way.
That is just a crock!

Re: immigrants from India-most are highly skilled engineers. They're not doing jobs Americans won't do.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 AM

And many have seen this before but it's a good reminder how great some of these lowly jobs that Americans refuse to do actually are. These people have anywhere from $200 to $500 a WEEK left after living expenses here to send home. Meanwhile Americans just demand another unemployement extension.

Dulce PinzĂłn / Superheroes

MINERVA VALENCIA from Puebla works as a nanny in New York.
She Sends 400 dollars a week

Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Anyone who believes this bit of total nonsense is utterly ignorant of the hardships the poor in this country face every day. Wake up.
Then how do you explain the huge increase of remittances in 2011?

There is plenty of work obviously, lots of money out there but as long as Americans are being paid to lay around, they won't have to consider working for a living, not even for a job that provides all the necessiities and $400 a week left over.

Like Obama and others say, we need massive immigration because they will do the jobs that Americans won't do.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The ones that continue to live at home are severely mocked here on CD.

That is just a crock!

Re: immigrants from India-most are highly skilled engineers. They're not doing jobs Americans won't do.
Apparently Americans won't take engineering jobs or study in that field since we have to import the engineers.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,212,799 times
Quote:
Then how do you explain the huge increase of remittances in 2011?

There is plenty of work obviously, lots of money out there but as long as Americans are being paid to lay around, they won't have to consider working for a living, not even for a job that provides all the necessiities and $400 a week left over.

Like Obama and others say, we need massive immigration because they will do the jobs that Americans won't do.
Plenty of work? Really? With an 8.5% unemployment rate? If there is lots of money out there, why is the country so badly in debt?

Look, I am medically disabled (after being in the work force for 37 years). I receive a monthly disability payment of about $1,200/month. My rent is $515/month, electrical and gas is about $100. I pay $35/month for phone service, and $50/month for internet (I only do this because I don't have a television, and have no other means of entertainment, plus I need it to keep track of my medical stuff). I fill up my car once per month, which costs about $60. So after all that is paid, I have about $340 left to pay doctor bills, buy medicine, put food on my table, and buy clothes. Do you honestly believe that I am getting rich, that I am leaching off the American people? That I actually want to be where I am today? If you do, I have a bridge I can sell you for a song and dance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies