Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:11 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No one knows why this guy is wearing this shirt. Maybe the guy was sexually molested as a child by a man. There are a lot of reasons people feel the way they do.

No one knows why some people have such strong feelings about a subject. The gays want tolerance and I don't see any coming from the gay community.
Would you say Latinos were intolerant if the t-shirt said "I Hate Spics"?, and people had the same reactions as some on here? Should Latinos have more tolerance because maybe this guy got beat up a Latino in High School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 12:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Would you say Latinos were intolerant if the t-shirt said "I Hate Spics"?, and people had the same reactions as some on here? Should Latinos have more tolerance because maybe this guy got beat up a Latino in High School?
One must be tolerant of this guy wearing the t-shirt. When one is wearing something inflammatory either they are looking for attention or an argument or have had an incident in which they go to the extreme to post their opinion.

If one sees something inflammatory one should use common sense as the rest of the world in realizing that and ignore it.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So. Why are you making fun of them is the question posed.
Making fun of whom? The fattie bigot in the hover-round? He deserves to be ridiculed on many levels. First for his opinions, and then second, because his CHOSEN lifestyle choice is far more dangerous to society than ANY non-chosen condition of humanity... such as sexuality, race, ethnicity, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief
You can lecture the porkers all you want but you high and mighty libs are just your usual hypocrites when it comes to this like everything else.
What's hypocritical? I and many others adhere to the thought that it is fair game to ridicule anyone or anything that is not an innate characteristic of that person. Again - chosen v. non-chosen. Sometimes I make an exception for religion, unless someone is using their religion to oppress others.

This guy may have a medical condition (doubtful) that causes him to be such a porker... but that only makes the fact that he "hates *****s" even more deliciously hilarious.

After all, since when is it forbidden in social liberal thought to not make fun of fat idiots? Conservatives --- whose most loud representatives are most always bloated old people --- should be used to that by now, one would think. Take for example: Rush Limbaugh, et al.

Of course, the poor excuses for conservative commentators on this board will readily tell you that sexuality is a "choice," but I don't have to play by their rules because of their ignorance.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:18 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
One must be tolerant of this guy wearing the t-shirt. When one is wearing something inflammatory either they are looking for attention or an argument or have had an incident in which they go to the extreme to post their opinion.

If one sees something inflammatory one should use common sense as the rest of the world in realizing that and ignore it.

Wrong. One must not be "tolerant" of him. Anyone who advocates for "tolerance" of speech, opinions or actions that do not advance the cause of greater liberty and freedom is out of their minds. It's the same for any so-called liberal who welcomes or advocates a "hands off" approach to cultures and people who come to the United States and insist on living like and treating their women or daughters like it was back in the Middle East, or wherever.

Respecting the RIGHT for everyone to have an opinion is one thing. However, neither the person espousing a particular stupid opinion, nor that stupid person, is entitled to respect.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

ignoring it or being silent about it only says you do not object. I do object to hate and would say so. his right to wear the shirt and my right to tell him what I think of it

Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
If you wear a shirt like this, you are begging for conversation.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:53 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Making fun of whom? The fattie bigot in the hover-round? He deserves to be ridiculed on many levels. First for his opinions, and then second, because his CHOSEN lifestyle choice is far more dangerous to society than ANY non-chosen condition of humanity... such as sexuality, race, ethnicity, etc.

What's hypocritical? I and many others adhere to the thought that it is fair game to ridicule anyone or anything that is not an innate characteristic of that person. Again - chosen v. non-chosen. Sometimes I make an exception for religion, unless someone is using their religion to oppress others.

This guy may have a medical condition (doubtful) that causes him to be such a porker... but that only makes the fact that he "hates *****s" even more deliciously hilarious.

After all, since when is it forbidden in social liberal thought to not make fun of fat idiots? Conservatives --- whose most loud representatives are most always bloated old people --- should be used to that by now, one would think. Take for example: Rush Limbaugh, et al.

Of course, the poor excuses for conservative commentators on this board will readily tell you that sexuality is a "choice," but I don't have to play by their rules because of their ignorance.
Either everything is okay to make fun of, or nothing is.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So. Why are you making fun of them is the question posed. You can lecture the porkers all you want but you high and mighty libs are just your usual hypocrites when it comes to this like everything else.
No, we're just criticizing him for his hypocrisy. He hates gays, but he's obese. It's always funny how both sides accuse the other of being hypocritical, but fail to see their own hypocrisy.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Three words. "Freedom of speech." Is this another right that you liberals want taken away from the American people??
Feel free to point to a post here that says he's not allowed to say what he wants? I wasn't aware Freedom of Speech required respect to be given for that speech too.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Sick of the 'homophobe' reference.
Phobe=phobia=fear.....not likely that anyone is fearful of homosexuals.
Not all words mean their Greek breakdown, or their component parts. Understand does not mean you are under a stand, or to stand under.

Homophobia is a generic term for aversion to, discrimination of, irrational hatred of, and/or fear of homosexuals and homosexuality. Just because you don't like a word doesn't mean it's invalid.

Words are defined by their usage, not necessarily their etymology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies