Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 08:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In the supplied link she criricized Palin for complaining about Obama's card which was essentially the same in non Christmas specific spirit as Reagan's, Bush I's, and Bush II's, the ones Palin was not surprisingly hypocritically silent about.
You have no way of knowing if Paling was silent about the Bushs, or Reagans' cards. Liberal lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hardly the same thing as Maddow bashing Palin for doing the "same thing" Maddow did as you alleged.

Perhaps it's you that should take your meds and guess again.

I find the non stop MSNBC "new" about what is reported on another "News" shows, histerical..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:10 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thank you for connecting the dots, even if you dont comprehend the hypocracy. MSNBC criticized Palin for doing the EXACT SAME THING the White house did, not having Merry Christmas on their card.

You dont see the irony in the left wing getting all upset because right wingers criticized the White House, but not a peep from you guys when left wingers are critical of those who dont have Merry Christmas on their cards.

I think the whole thing is nonsense, but here we are, with left wingers making a big deal out of it, while attacking right wingers for making a big deal out of it..

Rather sad you dont even see the hypocracy.
This doesn't even make sense

Old 12-24-2011, 08:11 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Thank you for connecting the dots, even if you dont comprehend the hypocracy. MSNBC criticized Palin for doing the EXACT SAME THING the White house did, not having Merry Christmas on their card.

You dont see the irony in the left wing getting all upset because right wingers criticized the White House, but not a peep from you guys when left wingers are critical of those who dont have Merry Christmas on their cards.

I think the whole thing is nonsense, but here we are, with left wingers making a big deal out of it, while attacking right wingers for making a big deal out of it..

Rather sad you dont even see the hypocracy.
All I see is the stupidity of the "War on Christmas" claim and all those like Palin who jump on the bandwagon, while doing the exact same thing, that they are complaining about.

Maddow pointing out the hypocrisy (since it was raised by Palin, in this case) is not hypocrisy.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:13 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,683 times
Quote:
You have no way of knowing if Paling was silent about the Bushs, or Reagans' cards. Liberal lies.
No she is not silent at all. In the video, she points out that some R presidents did send out cards that were not chrismassy enough. So, where are the liberal lies??? Have you seen the video in the link or you just posted a bitmap and made an out-of-context remark?

Quote:
I find the non stop MSNBC "new" about what is reported on another "News" shows, histerical..
Thats ok, I find FOX news to be a good comedy channel (excepting for a couple of shows...)

Old 12-24-2011, 08:18 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Fox (and other "news channels") is not there to inform anyone.

They're corporations whose mission is to reap profits. Profits from ratings. Fox (and some other "news networks") does this by slanting their programming to appeal to a particular target demographic. It's really that simple and anyone who can't see it is simply in deep denial and unable to filter reality from fantasy.

If you truly want unbiased, straight reporting, tune into NPR. It's as close as you'll ever find.

Of course, the hyperpartisans will never do this, because they don't want information. They're hungry for affirmation. To them, straight reporting is biased because it doesn't fall in lockstep with their agenda.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This doesn't even make sense
nothing to you that criticizes anyone on the left ever does. Thats not my problem, is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
All I see is the stupidity of the "War on Christmas" claim and all those like Palin who jump on the bandwagon, while doing the exact same thing, that they are complaining about.

Maddow pointing out the hypocrisy (since it was raised by Palin, in this case) is not hypocrisy.
You almost had it correct. Since when is the "war on Christmas", newsworthy? If you agree its stupid, just like I do, then dont you think a report on a report of the "War on Christmas" is even stupidier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
No she is not silent at all. In the video, she points out that some R presidents did send out cards that were not chrismassy enough. So, where are the liberal lies??? Have you seen the video in the link or you just posted a bitmap and made an out-of-context remark?

Thats ok, I find FOX news to be a good comedy channel (excepting for a couple of shows...)
Wrong, Maddow pointed out other Christmas cards didnt have Merry Christmas on it, and then claimed Palin didnt have a problem with them. There is no evidence Palin wasnt upset about those as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

Exactly right. I seriously doubt the poster who is trying to paint Maddow as a hypocrite even watched the video of that 'card' segment of her show. He just grabbed an out of context photo-shopped picture, put on his tinfold hat and drew his own erroneous conclusions.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-ma...hristmas-card/

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-24-2011 at 08:46 AM..

Old 12-24-2011, 08:40 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,683 times
Quote:
......Wrong, Maddow pointed out other Christmas cards didnt have Merry Christmas on it, and then claimed Palin didnt have a problem with them. There is no evidence Palin wasnt upset about those as well.
..now we are drifting...and that was not you point anyway.

Quote:
......You dont see the irony in the left wing getting all upset because right wingers criticized the White House, but not a peep from you guys when left wingers are critical of those who dont have Merry Christmas on their cards..
NO. Maddow was showing how ironic it was that some RWs also did the same thing and that not being chrismassy enough was not a big deal. Why would the left be unhappy about Maddow's stance?

Quote:
......I think the whole thing is nonsense, but here we are, with left wingers making a big deal out of it, while attacking right wingers for making a big deal out of it...

Quote:
......You almost had it correct. Since when is the "war on Christmas", newsworthy? If you agree its stupid, just like I do, then dont you think a report on a report of the "War on Christmas" is even stupidier?.
I am not aware of any other major channel (other than FOX) that, come November every year, has multiple segments on war on xmas. Are you? Hence the thread ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly right. I seriously doubt the poster who is trying to paint Maddow as a hypocrite even watched the video of that 'card' segment of her show. He just grabbed an out of context photo-shopped picture, put on his tinfold hat and drew his own erroneous conclusions.
Thank you!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:44 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,186 times
I like how in that card they were all running downhill in a, you know, race to the bottom. You can always count of Fox to hit the bottom first!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:51 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,538 times
I am no "Obamaite" but let's call a spade a spade here. If he had written Merry Christmas he would have gotten this kind of post from the other half of the nuts in this country. This country is so polarized that there appears to be no solution but a downhill ebb. If the right isn't whining the lest is and vice-versa. Well they say, "every country gets the government they deserve." For 50 years we have had ro choose between the lesser of two evils and we are like a ship with out a rudder at this time. Two things for all the extremists to think about

"United we Stand Divided we fall." and

""We must all hang together of we will surely all hang separately."

Your choice. Every time the competition sees who we are acting toward each other it just gives them the strength to forge ahead and out position in the world becomes weaker. For the religious fanatics about remember "God is Love." Hate people the way it seems to be expressed on these Internet forums will bring you nothing but tragedy and failure.

Last edited by Tom9; 12-24-2011 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies