Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 07:42 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh yeah, President Romney is really going to rock your world! It's going to be bread and roses from there on out, eh? People will dance in the streets. Honey will flow in the rivers. Pennies will fall from the sky. Boy it's going to be grand.

THINK THAT WAS HOPE AND CHANGE, BUT WE ARE LEFT WITH NO HOPE AND NO CHANGE AS LONG AS oBAMA IS PRESIDENT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 10:36 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh yeah, President Romney is really going to rock your world! It's going to be bread and roses from there on out, eh? People will dance in the streets. Honey will flow in the rivers. Pennies will fall from the sky. Boy it's going to be grand.

Mitt Romney never promised you a rose garden. He represents a steady competent hand on the wheel. Not a radical bomb throwing tea party type nor a stumbling bumbling weakling like we have now. Romney will do just fine.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:39 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Have we ever had a competent president?
We have had a few. Very few. Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan. I would include Nixon if he wasn't a crook. He was very competent.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Obama has deported more illegals than any other president in US history. Yes, you heard right. Fox and the extreme right networks will try to spin and not mention this little fact, but fairly recently the deportation numbers came out and Obama beat his own record number of deportations from last year. Bush like most right wingers sides with amnesty as illegals are good for big business.
Get beyond the party rhetoric... It isn't about any particular president!!! It is about a problem that needs resolved and needs decisive action. I don't give a damn who has deported how many. I want the damn problem solved and it can be. The right and the left are BOTH lying to us and using us as their pawns.. They are pitting us against one another and both doing the same thing.. Stealing from ALL of us. Right wing this, and left wing that is all a bunch of CRAP

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The extreme right nutcases sure don't have even a clue on fiscal responsibility, that's for sure. Their insane spending is what got the country into this mess in the first place. The tea party coming into office in 2010's first plan on the agenda was to force through 858 billion in new spending to keep bankrolling the rich. But don't let facts get in the way
Really? Tell me how...As I asked before...EXPLAIN yourself...don't just fire off wild charges and think that I accept them as fact, because I don't. ELABORATE.....Give me an example!! Especially the part about the the party bankrolling the rich! I look forward to reading your explanation.

Quote:
This is exactly what we saw under the Bush admin with complete GOP control. Insane, out of control right wing spending that tanked the nation. Bush took the biggest surplus in US history (the result of wildly successful progressive fiscal plans) to the biggest deficit. You are right, it takes a complete idiot to pull that one off, and those complete idiots are the GOP
So then...You forget 9-11. Point...there was no attack on the US under Clinton....and certainly not because he took measures to prevent one. As for the surplus...In part, you can thank Gingrich for that, because he was the one who publicly hammered Clinton into giving the TAX CUT that provided all of the extra government revenue that lead to that balanced budget/surplus!! Oh...and let's not forget..Clinton presided over the country during the TECH BOOM...so the economy thrived!!

And let's be clear about something....9-11....the war in Iraq...The war in Afghanistan....the Airline bailout...the housing crash in 2008...ALL of that happened during Bush...nothing in comparison happened to Clinton. So how in the F*** was Bush supposed to continue to maintain a surplus under those conditions??

The only idiots are the ones who seem to conveniently forget history when it suits their feeble arguments....yes...I mean you.

Quote:
So you're going to vote for someone even more progressive,...
Romney is more progressive than Obama?? What is in the kool aid that you have been sipping sonny?

Quote:
The sane people out there explain facts to the far right, brainwashed trailer park rednecks all the time. The thing is they don't care about facts. They have some of the most ridiculous and laughably distorted facts programmed into their feeble minds, trying to present even a drop of intelligence or factual information to them is completely pointless.
It's more entertaining just to laugh at all the outrageous things they believe
Funny...I never see a ******* explain anything. They just throw out accusations and expect that everyone will assume they are factual. And the sad part about it is that the reason you libs do that is because you are incapable of explaining one damn thing....because all you have been programmed to do is attack...no basis for it...just attack. When someone calls you out to explain as I did....you end up blabbering as you have in your response...aimless snippets of nothing resembling a factual, pointed argument...just read your last quote if you want proof. Where in that load of crap do you see a tangible explanation of your charges?? you don't. And that is typical of your ilk.

The FACTS are this...Obama is a failure as a president. There is nothing that any of you libs can point to that has occurred during his tenure as president that is a positive. Are we better off than we were 3 years ago?? No...decidedly not. And that is a FACT. Undisputable.

I have given you a chance to respond with something more than the feeble display you gave, and you showed me what you are about. So...for that, I dismiss you. There is no reason for you to go any further, because there is no substance to your ranting. It's just rehashed...re-assembled yammering of talking points from the left wingdings who are at a loss to champion anything about such a failure as obama.

But hell....nice try....NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies